The Wu-Tang Appreciation Thread

This is the Thread I've been waiting for.

I'm a late bloomer. I remember my brother begging me to keep quiet when the Triumph video released. One of the few (if only) videos I actually remember being debuted the day of.

Throughout the years I grew pretty fond of Method Man and his lethal verses. The first Wu member album I remember listening to all the way through was the Pretty Tony Album. I love that LP so much. So soulful, man dead rapped over full length samples, no chopping no nothing :rofl::rofl:.

Then I remember OBFCL2 Dropped, and I gave it a spin. Amazing album. Broken Safety, Have Mercy and Kiss the Ring always get at least 3 spins.

Sometimes It's best to be a fan in retrospect. I was really young to really appreciate the vision Wu provided the world. It's such a pleasure to go back and listen to some of their stuff and being blown away by how relevant it is still.

The most underrated Wu-Track in my book. Method Man did inexplicable damage.

Clarks has a few sizes back in stock... copped the Maple pair, which from now on I will acknowledge as CREAMS. They are pretty dope. Inside of one shoe says Enter the Wu-Tang 36 Chambers and the other has the release date of the album and something in Chinese.

20181222_200745.jpg

Who still has an original 1993 pressing of Enter The Wu-Tang on CD...complete with booklet, back & case? :nerd:

...If so, I have a specific question for yall...

:nerd:

36 Chambers just got RIAA certified triple platinum recently. Props to the Wu. Def one of my fav albums ever, and pretty much my fav hip hop group.

20181216_133304.jpg

One of the best shows I ever attended was Ghost x Rae x Cappadonna at BB Kings in 2010. I've never seen the group live but I've seen Ghost live 3 times, Rae live twice. I also met Masta Killa at Fat Beats when No Said Date dropped. Wu is probably my favorite group of all time even though their discography has had some weak spots. But their 90's run was legendary and they spawned some great groups too.

Saw the whole damn crew in November last year for the anniversary of 36 chambers. They had Redman opening too, one of the greatest experiences of my life

Anyone remember the bootleg Liquid Swords Gildan tee? I got it from a vinyl store back in the day.

The Supreme Liquid Swords tees are super dope. Especially having the B.I.B.L.E. verse on the back.

But I always liked how this tee isn't just a square picture. I love the red 'blood splatter' edging.

Attachments

• IMG_20190218_123543.jpg
    IMG_20190218_123543.jpg
    355.7 KB · Views: 17
Got to see RZA live score the 36 Chambers movie earlier this year and it was a really dope experience

That's something special man. I got to see Ghostface at a tiny sportsbar in Milton Keynes, England about 40 mins from my house last July. Big names for such a small venue. GZA's doing the entire liquid swords album and KRS ONE is passing through not long after.

This video isn't mine. I was stood further back to avoid getting pummelled like the kid who took this video. Even Ghostface was shocked with how loud we were shouting his lyrics back at him.

Last edited:
...And my first real memory of the Wu was a recording I made on tape from Radio 1. They took over the show for what seemed like over an hour. Hilarious.... This was before Tim Westwood had his spot. It's great to hear them messing about not giving a F!!!! Hahahahaha

How many a y'all got that Put It On The Line cd w/Trife? It came with this on DVD. So dope. When Masta Killa came on and did Grab the Mic.... YEESH.

Back
Top Bottom