THEE OFFICIAL 2010-2011 MIAMI HEAT PLAYOFFS THREAD : CONGRATS MAVS FANS

Right. Keep believing that Bron is more clutch than Wade & KB24.

Not even Miami fans want the ball in Brons hands at the end of games. LOL

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Originally Posted by hymen man

BRON CHOKES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

Word to Melo in games 1 and 2
smile.gif
lebron was not doubled...he just choked

I don't even like Wade and you're insane if you think Bron is more clutch than wade.

It's really not a good time to talk about Wade's clutchness after tonight's game. Did you even watch Wade in the final couple of minutes of the game? You might want to do that. On both ends of the floor by the way.

But if anyone is to be blamed for tonight's loss, it's every Heat player outside of the big three + Mario Chalmers.

It took two lucky 3s for Philly to stave off being swept.

It ends on Wednesday, congrats to Philly for not getting swept.

Originally Posted by knightngale

smile.gif
lebron was not doubled...he just choked

Of course Melo didn't choke. All he did was jack up a contested three 10 feet behind the line that missed in game 1 and pass the ball to a teammate instead of shoot over a double team like Kobe in game 2. Who needs to use teammates anyway? The star always needs to shoot the ball - isn't that what you dumb Kobe stans tell us all the time?

"But if anyone is to be blamed for tonight's loss, it's every Heat player outside of the big three + Mario Chalmers."

You mean basketball games are played over 48 minutes and what you do over that whole timespan is more important than a last-second shot? No way...

Originally Posted by VAHustler

smile.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

I really do hope Lebron learns from this though. He's better off trying to win on a jumpshot than take it to the hole. He keeps getting blocked from the help man on defense. Amare and Boozer already got him this year on final seconds..... now can add Brand to the list.

He wants that clutch moment so bad, just to prove people wrong, that he forgets how simple the game is.   He just needs to not care.

That dribble drive will NEVER be open to him again unless he starts to use the pull up jumper, which he can do very well.  I believe he would find a lot of success that way.  Right now, he's too predictable. 

He's too good and too smart of a player to do the same things over and over and expect different results.   Everybody knows he's a beast and that's why they pay attention and care so much about what he does or doesn't do.   So until he stops caring and just play, its always gonna be tough for him.   

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

I wonder, what do you use to "show me" LBJ isn't clutch? The missed shot at the end of the game, right? But wait a second - isn't that a stat? I thought stats didn't matter...

I wonder, what do you use to "show me" LBJ isn't clutch? The missed shot at the end of the game, right? But wait a second - isn't that a stat? I thought stats didn't matter...

There's really no need to defend his honor at every turn. I think you know that a successful person will always have his detractors, regardless of logic or rationale.

Stats don't mean much in the clutch. Ask any coach in the NBA whod theyd take for the game winning shot, damn sure aint Lebron James so keep believing that.

I don't even like Wade and you're insane if you think Bron is more clutch than wade.
roll.gif

Oh yes. They don't count at all - all they tell you is whether you make or miss a basket to tie or go-ahead in a one-possession game where the majority of those poessions are the last plays of the game. And whether you're assisted on those shots - which LBJ hasn't been. No, they tell you nothing at all. They lie to you
smile.gif

So you just going to ignore everything I said?
laugh.gif

captain save a lebron to the rescue

Stats don't matter in the way you're trying to defend Lebron. You said Lebron is more clutch than KB24 and Wade based on stats, yet coaches in the NBA and Heat fans wont agree with you.

I'm not even going to bother anymore
laugh.gif

You keep on believing that Lebron > Wade at the end of games and see where it'll get you.

LeBron has not been clutch this year, I'm a fan of his and won't even deny it.

But why do people act like Wade has been better? Wait missed the shot right before Bron did, that shot was just as important as Bron's was, would have put them up 3. And if 'Bron is so unclutch Wade needs to demand the ball at the end of the game right? I mean LeBron came to his team right? So why is Bron the one taking these shots?

i think it was a good move by bron, but he had to adjust the shot and shoot it higher off the glass since brand (i think it was him) came over at the last second to help. i, for one, was relieved that the ball was in his hands and not wade's for the last play. obviously hindsight is 20/20 and we can say someone else should have taken the last shot since he missed it, but i think it was the right person to go to in that situation.

i'm pretty confident that this loss is going to wake the heat up and they'll be playing for a full 48 minutes from here on out. they've been able to get by against the 6ers like this, but the next series against the celtics is going to be great basketball to watch for 48 minutes. i'm confident the heat will beat the 6ers in game 5 by double digits.

as for everyone arguing against the heat bashers, just let it go. they're just here to talk crap (which is all in good fun), but don't take it seriously. you can argue back all you want, but it's not like you're actually going to convince one of them that you're right...they're not here to listen.

oh and btw. I agree with you guys when you say it isn't Lebrons fault they lost.

Me saying he isn't clutch doesn't mean im pinning the loss on him, just wanted to clear that up.

"Stats don't matter in the way you're trying to defend Lebron. You said Lebron is more clutch than KB24 and Wade based on stats, yet coaches in the NBA and Heat fans wont agree with you."

Well of course. I once told my school teacher I'm a genius at astrophysics, and my friends and family told her the same thing. So you can bet I told her that my exam scores didn't matter since everyone can vouch for my genius
laugh.gif

By the way, I didn't even say I would rather have LBJ shoot the ball in these situations than Wade or anyone else. But he's been plenty cluth before, and unlike you this can be supported by something called evidence.

That was predictable, Wade is a better closer than Lebron since he can take a better shot. Lebron either shoots a 30 foot three pointer or forces a drive to the hoop no mattr how many defenders are there.
sick.gif

Oh yes. They don't count at all - all they tell you is whether you make or miss a basket to tie or go-ahead in a one-possession game where the majority of those poessions are the last plays of the game. And whether you're assisted on those shots - which LBJ hasn't been. No, they tell you nothing at all. They lie to you
smile.gif

So you just going to ignore everything I said?
laugh.gif

Since you ain't got a valid rebuttal, then yes
smile.gif

Kobe has as much/more game winners last year than Lebron has had his whole career. Lebron is WAY to predictable in last couple seconds,fouls arent going to bail him out. 99% of the time he either goes left and throws up a jumpshot or drives and prays for a foul or a miracle shot. Lebron is an amazing player but he needs to try something else when he goes for a game winner, not everyone is going to defend him like the warriors

Originally Posted by toine2983

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

Brand made a great play, I can't really knock Lebron on this one.
Trust a lot people ain't going to see it like that but I agree.

LeBron could've gone up stronger and drew more contact. I think I agree with @RealSkipBayless when he says LBJ isn't fond of being forced to make a couple FTs at the end of the game. He's not exactly Ray Allen at the line.

WILLINC wrote:
It took two lucky 3s for Philly to stave off being swept.

It ends on Wednesday, congrats to Philly for not getting swept.
Especially the one with DWade all in his face and he still swished it from 28-30feet out.

Hate losing to another team when there so desperate to make any shot and it just happens to go in.. 
30t6p3b.gif

I think what people fail to realize is that "clutch" players miss shots to win games all the damn time. Way more frequently than you realize. Even MJ owned up to this. Players who excel at hitting clutch shots usually get known for it because it shows up on highlights and in news headlines while the misses usually get swept under the rug. The difference with this Heat team is that the camera and public eye has been on them every minute of every game this season. There's no sweeping anything under the rug. Could they have made a bunch of the shots they missed? Yes, but its really not as big a deal as many of you have made it out to be. Eventually some of those shots will start to fall. Ignoring how players have statistically performed in the clutch is ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom