THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end of the day the only person on the Lakers who is in theory capable of slowing down Kawhi is Bron.
Kawhi got his points, but AD made him work for it on Christmas IIRC.

Not surprisingly, it was KCP that was getting killed by Kawhi in the late first-second quarter.

Edit:

Green kept inexplicably fouling Kawhi too.

Last edited:
They want to see Lebron fight through screens every possession...Like every team doesn't switch on screens the majority of the time on defense now.

Sidenote...if I never have to hear the phrase "killer instinct" again I will be ok with that. All it means is you make a mean face after scoring a basket.... "OH look at his KILLER INSTINCT, you see that frown!?".

You should def fight a screen down the stretch instead of conceding to lesser defenders without contact. Ain’t like they had Houston personnel.

cmon on now
Switch or not, KD is still taking that shot with the same result

Watch the last 5 minutes of this game. KD & Steph ran everything Bron’s way. They knew he wasn’t guarding...and either got slips, switches or buckets. It was a clinic in attacking a guy that doesn’t have the energy or want to, to defend. Mark Jackson saying....”it’s too easy”. You can’t switch like that.

-Bron switches to Iggy to allow Kevin Love to guard a scorching KD. Result = Bucket. Same thing next possession.
-Curry bucket off an iverson cut by Iggy to draw confusion.
-Curry transition 3.
-2 man game with KD/Iggy on Bron/Love. Bad P&R defense. Easy dunk for Iggy.
-Pre switch by Bron with no contact. KD dagger.

Multiple times in the ‘17 & ‘18 series...they found he was expending too much energy on offense and not guarding at all on the other end.

I have Giannis as DPoY even with the additional help but that's another conversation. I don't think dragging AD out to the perimeter to defend Kawhi is the best option for the Lakers
I agree with you, but this really just ends up leading into why I don't think the Lakers match up well with the Clips in particular in the first place. Yes, you would ideally want AD on Trez, but are you then not going to play another big alongside him? Don't know the advanced stats on the Lakers, but seems like they have been good when they have Bron/AD/Dwight on floor at same time, right?

Lakers could either go Big and have Dwight out there leaving another great rim protector down there, or they can go small & have Bron guard Trez towards the end of the game. AD is more than capable of guarding Kawhi.

At the end of the day the only person on the Lakers who is in theory capable of slowing down Kawhi is Bron.

Opening night Danny Green did a pretty damn good job guarding him. I don't think he made a FG on him the whole game. Could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that was the case

Also, Kawhi is still great on defense, but he isn't THAT guy anymore. His defense on Giannis is so overrated.
Toronto's help defense was masterful & what really contained Giannis.
Every time Greek touched the ball he had multiple bodies on him and had to break through a wall of defenders.

I have Giannis as DPoY even with the additional help but that's another conversation. I don't think dragging AD out to the perimeter to defend Kawhi is the best option for the Lakers

On the perimeter nah. But if Kawhi is gonna settle for pull up 3s every time I like my chances

and if we're going to question who's gonna guard Kawhi down the stretch... I think the question of who's going to guard AD is just as relevant. Ya'll trust Montrez to do that for a series if ya'll want

I have the flu and it got me to thinking about the Flu Game and what an absolute fantasy that was. I'm not a world class athlete obviously but... Nah man nah.

I already subscribe to the hung over theory which honestly is way more believable to begin with.
That was Jordan controlling the narrative.

Giannis and Derrick Rose have load managed this season.. But Giannis is not so extreme he's probably missed just 4 games so far.

Russ too. Don’t think he’s played in both games of back-to-backs at all. Rockets fans correct me if I’m wrong.

AD SHOULD be able to have his way against the Clippers. We haven't really seen that be the case yet, but doesn't mean he can't. I would more so be worried about the number of capable defenders that they can throw at Bron. Puts a ton of pressure on him since nobody else on the team is able to create.

He wants you to call him Breezy now :rofl:

Screenshot_20200108-131413_Instagram.jpg

“The Man in the Arena” is also cheese toast. What does that even mean? There’s lots of men in the arena on NBA game nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom