THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you really believe there would be teams who wouldn’t trade the farm for PG and Kawhi in their primes?

aight

Maybe a couple teams, but I’m pretty confident that most other teams like us - that have been around a while and never won a title or only won one back in the 70s and never had a top 5 player before - would do it.

Kawhi might’ve still signed with the Clippers if they didn’t trade for PG but it’s not realistic to expect the Clippers to be like:

“nah he’s bluffing. He’s gunna sign with us anyway cause there’s no chance he goes to the Lakers. **** his trade requests, we’re keeping SGA”

logic

Maybe a couple teams, but I’m pretty confident that most other teams like us - that have been around a while and never won a title or only won one back in the 70s and never had a top 5 player before - would do it.

I believe every team in the league would do it

Kiwi went through like 4 guys before landing on PG though right? He was trying to get KD, Kyrie, Klay and Jimmy to come with to the Clips. Looks like in hindsight he was going regardless.

I forgot about this. The report that he wanted to team up with Jimmy after Jimmy had already committed to Miami was weird. The report that he wanted to link with KD was weird too cause everyone assumed KD & Kyrie were a package deal.

Clips on a 56 win pace, 27-13, despite injury are top 10 in offense and defense and overall efficiency, and now we bout to lose in the 1st round and trading for both PG and Kawhi was a mistake.

2B1784BB-9DAA-45CA-AEA2-6DACAFB0DCD5.gif

Lines have been drawn😈😈

Kiwi went through like 4 guys before landing on PG though right? He was trying to get KD, Kyrie, Klay and Jimmy to come with to the Clips. Looks like in hindsight he was going regardless.

y’all have no shame :smh: :lol:

Opinions change depending on what argument you wanna make

Screen-Shot-2020-01-12-at-11-20-28-PM.png

Then there's that blowout loss against the Bucks. I'll say it again: The only thing that makes the Clippers special at this point is their 2 wins against the Lakers. That's it.

The Lakers are their only competition in all honesty. I don't see a team that can beat them in a 7 game series barring injury

do you get extra points on the scoreboard if your players are from the city they play for?

No, just extra swag at your championship celebration

Bruh it came straight from Mondo Harrell's mouth :lol:. Maybe if his trainer said it yall would take it seriously?

Montrez Harrell doesn't have any say so within the organization but obviously Kawhi and Uncle Dennis does which is what the real problem lies. Remember however, this is sports where winning cures everything. The comraderie will be there once Montrez sees the Finals for the first time in his career.

Ehh.. I don't think there's drama, but I wouldn't call it fake news.

Harrell will get used to the limelight and everything that comes with it.

Clips on a 56 win pace, 27-13, and now we bout to lose in the 1st round and trading for both PG and Kawhi was a mistake.

2B1784BB-9DAA-45CA-AEA2-6DACAFB0DCD5.gif

When did y’all trade for Kawhi? Nobody would ever think trading for Kawhi was a mistake. The trade was for PG. You can add context but the transaction wire states different.

also I’ve literally only seen ONE person say y’all would lose in the first round but I forgot on niketalk one person = YALL

Ion like this Clippers dysfunction narrative. Now if they win, they gon be considered the underdogs when they were practically given the championship from the beginning of the season

I absolutely do think that Kawhi was going to the Lakers if the Clippers didn't get another star player next to him, so the trade is worth it.

HOWEVER when the signing went down there were a lot of you interesting fellas in here claiming that Lakers fans were delusional & that Kawhi never wanted to sign there in the first place & in fact always wanted to play for Balmer, in his hometown, Next to a roster that took the Warriors to 6 & was equal to the Raptors (even w/o another "star")

So if the Lakers were never a real option, and it was clear as day that Kawhi wanted to be in L.A and have his own franchise, he was gonna sign anyway.......... Which would then mean all of that was actually traded for the coward :nerd:

Kawhi never was going to the Lakers. It was always Clippers. That man does not like LeBron. Let alone want to be his teammate or in his shadow.

If ANYTHING, he would’ve signed had they not got PG. If the season started out bad, then they probably would’ve made a blockbuster trade during the season.

Damn Pikachu P was a 4AM after the club call, you hate to see it.

Kawhi never was going to the Lakers. It was always Clippers. That man does not like LeBron. Let alone want to be his teammate or in his shadow.

If ANYTHING, he would’ve signed had they not got PG. If the season started out bad, then they probably would’ve made a blockbuster trade during the season.

The Clippers didn't believe this. They were convinced he was going to the Lakers had they not acquired PG or said 2nd star.

It wasn't Kawhi that was opposed to playing for the Lakers, it was Uncle Dennis not getting along with Clutch sports mananagement during the recruiting process. And Kawhi was never recruiting KD to play with him after the "system player" comment from years ago. Even Kerr knew that comment was about to get them embarrassed by Kawhi and the Spurs during KD's first year on the Warriors, specifically that infamous playoff game. Zaza changed up a lot of ****...

Who’s pushing a Clippers dysfunction narrative? Aside from that one vague quote from Trezz after the Memphis loss, I haven’t seen anything about the team not getting along.

It wasn't Kawhi that was opposed to playing for the Lakers, it was Uncle Dennis not getting along with Clutch sports mananagement during the recruiting process. And Kawhi was never recruiting KD to play with him after the "system player" comment from years ago. Even Kerr knew that comment was about to get them embarrassed by Kawhi and the Spurs during KD's first year on the Warriors, specifically that infamous playoff game. Zaza changed up a lot of ****...

Not true.
From a trusted Clipper source:

The first sign that Kawhi Leonard has a whole lot more to say than anyone ever imagined came a few days before NBA free agency officially opened.

Kevin Durant was getting ready to commit to the Brooklyn Nets, along with his good friends Kyrie Irving and DeAndre Jordan. They'd all grown close in 2016 with the United States Olympic Team and had talked often about playing with one another someday. All that remained was for free agency to officially open on the evening of June 30.

Then Durant got a call from Kawhi Leonard, asking if he'd consider teaming up with him and signing with the LA Clippers. They'd be great complements to each other, Leonard told Durant. He'd always admired him and had tremendous respect for him as a competitor.

Damn Pikachu P was a 4AM after the club call, you hate to see it.

Don't forget they even went after harden and Beal. Paul Jorge was literally 'the last man on earth'.

As the Los Angeles Clippers made a push to land Kawhi Leonard in free agency this offseason, they inquired about Houston Rockets star James Harden and Washington Wizards star Bradley Beal, according to The Athletic's Jovan Buha and Sam Amick.
However, neither Harden nor Beal was made available for trade by his respective club.
L.A. then acquired Southern California native Paul George from the Oklahoma City Thunder.

both los angeles teams are considered failures if they dont win one chip. Lake show gave up a pretty penny for AD too

KD passing up playing with the reigning NBA champion and Jerry West's acumen for bringing in talent to go play for the bizarro world Knicks? Still not buying it.
After the warriors move there's no way KD was going to team up with another guy just coming off a chip. Especially when he'd already made plans to go elsewhere.

Wasn't like Kabron called him up before he already worked out with Kyrie and Deandre where they were gonna go.

Zion playing 2 months after major surgery, who's overweight and can't even walk properly.

Doesn't sound like a great idea. But maybe I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom