THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lakers have done 2 things really well that I didn’t expect of them when I predicted they’d be a lower seed- They’ve stayed healthy and haven’t really load managed, and they’ve taken care of business against lesser teams and don’t get “upset”.

With that said, I still think they lose to the Clippers relatively easily in the playoffs whenever they meet, as I also predicted. The Lakers haven’t shown any indication to me that they can he successful against teams that have multiple athletic wings. The over-reliance on Bron to basically do everything for them is a big issue when teams can throw 3-4 different bodies at him at all times. There’s a reason why they’ve lost every game they’ve played to the teams that can do that. It’s not some fluke.
lakers need AD to take that leap to a top 3 player to overcome their lack of 3rd option. as far as i can see, he aint it. like you said, they rely so much on lebron to get things done.

not exactly a formula for winning a championship

I also find it hilarious that whenever a laker fan talks about another team. 95 percent of this thread brings up the lakers team in their rebuttal like laker fans dont have the right to talk about anything else but the lakers lol

Then yall cry when its the big laker thread

but hey were the bias ones

Last edited:
Are people serious when they say the clippers can win a championship? Their season is going a lot how GSW's was last year except they're not playing as well and don't have years of continuity to fall back on. Everybody expected the chemistry to magically come together once they were healthy but that hasn't been the case. It kinda matters

The Clippers miss Beverly’s presence out there badly. Then last night PG didn’t even make it to halftime without getting hurt. They’ll be fine.

I love the Clippers confidence that this team that hasn't played alot together and has players who are consistently injured are just put it all together come playoff time. Players who are injured in the regular season are usually injured in the playoffs. Just sayin'

lakers need AD to take that leap to a top 3 player to overcome their lack of 3rd option. as far as i can see, he aint it. like you said, they rely so much on lebron to get things done.

not exactly a formula for winning a championship

the lakers just beat the nuggets on the road with kuzma basically sitting with his thumb up his *** the entire game

the bulls relied on jordan

the lakers relied on shaq

the rockets relied on hakeem

the spurs relied on duncan

This is what hall of famers do

This is what they play the game for

You guys cry about these teams when they stack the deck with three all stars but now the lakers need three all stars?

how can i kick a field goal if you guys keep moving the goal posts?

the lakers just beat the nuggets on the road with kuzma basically sitting with his thumb up his *** the entire game

You guys cry about these teams when they stack the deck with three all stars but now the lakers need three all stars?

THIS. Great Post

Are people serious when they say the clippers can win a championship? Their season is going a lot how GSW's was last year except they're not playing as well and don't have years of continuity to fall back on. Everybody expected the chemistry to magically come together once they were healthy but that hasn't been the case. It kinda matters

Even as a Lakers fan, I think the Clippers can win a title. They're a very good team. What I don't agree with is the media crowning them the prohibitive favorites. Personally, I think the media has fallen in love with the the Clippers can be, not necessarily what they've shown so far. They're in a group at the top, not a tier by themselves.

Exactly. Fans move between "how much help does LeBron need to win?!" and "the Lakers rely on LeBron too much". Pick one

Zion still fat or nah?
He has a little more weight on him than he did at Duke.

I think his Duke weight was perfect.

He's not nearly as mobile as his Duke days yet.

There are flashes though. He's showing more of his first step every game.

It's when he's on a fast break that I can see he's not quite there yet. This young man, I believe, when he gets to a 100 percent will show just how quick he can be, on a regular basis. His quickness is stupid underrated.

I also find it hilarious that whenever a laker fan talks about another team. 95 percent of this thread brings up the lakers team in their rebuttal like laker fans dont have the right to talk about anything else but the lakers lol

Then yall cry when its the big laker thread

but hey were the bias ones

Maybe...just maybe...this is because almost all of the teams that you Laker fans constantly talk about are teams that you haven’t won a single game against this year.

I love the Clippers confidence that this team that hasn't played alot together and has players who are consistently injured are just put it all together come playoff time. Players who are injured in the regular season are usually injured in the playoffs. Just sayin'

What are you proposing they should do? Guys have been injured and they’ve dealt with it. Still a top 4 team in the West. Are they supposed to act like they can’t get better or say they’ll never be fully healthy? Maybe just shut down PG and Bev for good because they’ve been in and out of the line up?

Lakers have done 2 things really well that I didn’t expect of them when I predicted they’d be a lower seed- They’ve stayed healthy and haven’t really load managed, and they’ve taken care of business against lesser teams and don’t get “upset”.

With that said, I still think they lose to the Clippers relatively easily in the playoffs whenever they meet, as I also predicted. The Lakers haven’t shown any indication to me that they can he successful against teams that have multiple athletic wings. The over-reliance on Bron to basically do everything for them is a big issue when teams can throw 3-4 different bodies at him at all times. There’s a reason why they’ve lost every game they’ve played to the teams that can do that. It’s not some fluke.

Must have been real hard to choose a side considering how you been living vicariously through the Clippers :lol:

The Lakers have admittedly lost to teams with big wings, losing those regular season games doesn't equate to "showing no indication they can have success" but okay.

However under that same notion...... your down on the Lakers for struggling against teams that have a lot of wings....

Against the Sixers, Celtics, Bucks & Rockets.... The Clippers are a whopping 2-6. and wing play is suppose to be their #1 Strength, that should be worrisome. As it should be that a team is employing a closing lineup that consist of FIVE of the top 60 players in Iso attmpts.

But Hey

Pretty sure Lakers fans have called the Jazz frauds too, but are one of the plus .500 teams that they’ve fared well against.

Must have been real hard to choose a side considering how you been living vicariously through the Clippers :lol:

The Lakers have admittedly lost to teams with big wings, losing those regular season games doesn't equate to "showing no indication they can have success" but okay.

However under that same notion...... your down on the Lakers for struggling against teams that have a lot of wings....

Against the Sixers, Celtics, Bucks & Rockets.... The Clippers are a whopping 2-6. and wing play is suppose to be their #1 Strength, that should be worrisome. As it should be that a team is employing a closing lineup that consist of FIVE of the top 60 players in Iso attmpts.

But Hey
:lol: @ living vicariously through the Clippers. No need. My team doing just fine. Beat the Clips and wiped the floor with the paper tiger Lakers.

Rockets aren't beating the Clippers or the Lakers in a 7 game series. They aren't good enough defensively. Clips wouldn't have to play any of those teams with defensive wings til the finals.

But Hey

Maybe...just maybe...this is because almost all of the teams that you Laker fans constantly talk about are teams that you haven’t won a single game against this year.

Your team is literally a lottery team on the road and your severely underperforming...... And your star player worries more about IG captions then the game. And you have the nerve to talk about us?

Your team is literally a lottery team on the road and your severely underperforming...... And your star player worries more about IG captions then the game. And you have the nerve to talk about us?

That was the old Sixers team with Horford starting next to Embiid, we don’t talk about those days anymore.

We can talk about this though

E027AA58-FF67-4063-AC5E-B41B1FB353B3.png

No Embiid or J-Rich and started Shake Milton who probably is completely out of the rotation now that we got Burks and GR3.....yikes

Simmons-Jrich-GRIII-tobias-Embiid

or if defense purposes

Simmons-Jrich-Tisse-Tobias-Embiid

dont want horford in the end due to spacing unless we really need him in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom