THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when Denver used to win 50+ games all the time because they had Alex English, Blair Rasmussen, Danny Schayes, Fat Lever, and the diminutive but deadly Micheal Adams? Buy nobody took them seriously in the West because LAL, DAL, and UTAH were always better when it came to the playoffs in the late 80s.

Same thing with the Carmelo-Chauncey, Carmelo-AI Nuggets.

Denver never gonna win a chip. They're franchise ain't that serious about basketball like the others are. But If they ever do win a chip, it will be a one-time deal

You remember watching Alex English and those 80s Nuggets teams? How old are you, bruh?

That was the old Sixers team with Horford starting next to Embiid, we don’t talk about those days anymore.

We can talk about this though

E027AA58-FF67-4063-AC5E-B41B1FB353B3.png

No Embiid or J-Rich and started Shake Milton who probably is completely out of the rotation now that we got Burks and GR3.....yikes
Screenshot_20200214-101501_Google.jpg

Lakers have done 2 things really well that I didn’t expect of them when I predicted they’d be a lower seed- They’ve stayed healthy and haven’t really load managed, and they’ve taken care of business against lesser teams and don’t get “upset”.

With that said, I still think they lose to the Clippers relatively easily in the playoffs whenever they meet, as I also predicted. The Lakers haven’t shown any indication to me that they can he successful against teams that have multiple athletic wings. The over-reliance on Bron to basically do everything for them is a big issue when teams can throw 3-4 different bodies at him at all times. There’s a reason why they’ve lost every game they’ve played to the teams that can do that. It’s not some fluke.
The fact that you predicted the Lakers to be a "lower seed" just goes to show you absolutely have no clue.

Keep thinking that the Smurfs, er Clippers, gonna "wear down" a healthy Lebron.

Meanwhile, before the season began I, like Horry, predicted the Lakers to win 60+ and all y'all was laughing.

I also said the Lakers' size and length inside and ability to win the battle inside will be a major key to the Lakers' success all year, and teams wont be able to handle the size advantage in the playoffs when the game slows down and gets more physical.

Dwight, AD, Javale, and most likely Boogie....will be a load in May and teams wont be ready.

While all the naysayers like yourself continue to underestimate how balanced, deep, and complete this squad is on both sides, us Lakers fans will continue to marinate that crow for y'all.

There's a reason why we are tops in the west without needing to load manage like the rest of the league. And there's a reason why you haven't seen what this team is truly capable of (yet). And remember this....there's a reason JERRY WEST told Lawrence Frank to go out and get a big or two during the trade deadline. CLIPPERS have nobody who can guard AD and that will be their biggest problem come playoff time if they meet. You think Davis is showing everything in his plate? Lol, there's a reason he's working on that midrange and 3-point game during the regular season. By the time playoffs hit, teams wont know how to guard him. Bookmark this.

And y'all will also know the reason when LAL handles their upcoming regular season games against MIL, LAC, PHI, and BOS.

I cant wait. Y'all already know Issa bout to be Showtime all over again.

That was the old Sixers team with Horford starting next to Embiid, we don’t talk about those days anymore.

We can talk about this though

E027AA58-FF67-4063-AC5E-B41B1FB353B3.png

No Embiid or J-Rich and started Shake Milton who probably is completely out of the rotation now that we got Burks and GR3.....yikes

................ Ya'll have went 4-4 Since :lol:

Clipper Loss to a team only accounts for .25 of a loss
A Win against the Lakers accounts for 1.5

#NTAnalytics

the lakers just beat the nuggets on the road with kuzma basically sitting with his thumb up his *** the entire game

the bulls relied on jordan

the lakers relied on shaq

the rockets relied on hakeem

the spurs relied on duncan

This is what hall of famers do

This is what they play the game for

You guys cry about these teams when they stack the deck with three all stars but now the lakers need three all stars?

how can i kick a field goal if you guys keep moving the goal posts?
shaq had kobe
tim had a damn fine team around him. parker and kawhi winning a fmvp are testament to this
olajuwon was pretty much the only player qualified for literally dragging his team a title that one year and he needed drexler to repeat

this is a much different era where teams are literally stacking up to increase their odds. this aint the 90’s no more.

im willing to make an exception for lebron...but even he needed kyrie.

lbj at age 35? going up against a player historically known to match his game? nuh uh. AD needs to step up.

Zion is a freak and super athletic. I remember when everyone was getting excited during Blake Griffin's first couple years in the league too
One thing about Blake, he was certainly an in your face rookie. Seemed like he wanted to embarrass every defender who couldn't jump with him in the air.

Zion actually seems like he's holding back, as good as he's playing.

lakers need AD to take that leap to a top 3 player to overcome their lack of 3rd option. as far as i can see, he aint it. like you said, they rely so much on lebron to get things done.

not exactly a formula for winning a championship
Be patient. I will let you know when during the season y'all should start to take notice

Are people serious when they say the clippers can win a championship? Their season is going a lot how GSW's was last year except they're not playing as well and don't have years of continuity to fall back on. Everybody expected the chemistry to magically come together once they were healthy but that hasn't been the case. It kinda matters
Not too much time left to develop that continuity either, and PG just hurt his hamstring again and they added another piece at the deadline. They’re still having weird losses like that blowout against the Wolves where they gave up 140.

If they only have a handful of games with PG & Kawhi in the lineup by game 82 I don’t know how you can put them ahead of the other teams. This team does not know each other right now.

Your team is literally a lottery team on the road and your severely underperforming...... And your star player worries more about IG captions then the game. And you have the nerve to talk about us?

Buc Em’s gauge of his team is whatever they did in their most recent game :lol:

:lol: @ living vicariously through the Clippers. No need. My team doing just fine. Beat the Clips and wiped the floor with the paper tiger Lakers.

Rockets aren't beating the Clippers or the Lakers in a 7 game series. They aren't good enough defensively. Clips wouldn't have to play any of those teams with defensive wings til the finals.

But Hey

I pray we get Lakers Boston in the Finals

the lakers just beat the nuggets on the road with kuzma basically sitting with his thumb up his *** the entire game

the bulls relied on jordan

the lakers relied on shaq

the rockets relied on hakeem

the spurs relied on duncan

This is what hall of famers do

This is what they play the game for

You guys cry about these teams when they stack the deck with three all stars but now the lakers need three all stars?

how can i kick a field goal if you guys keep moving the goal posts?
What people dont realize is that the cliche "it's a copycat league" dont apply to the Lakers.

The blueprint was created by Showtime, the ULTIMATE GREATEST team ever. Why? They can dominate you with literally any style of basketball. Remember they beat the Celtics AND the Bad Boys AND the Sixer mini dynasty.

Small ball ain't gonna work against the Blueprint Lakers unless you got Jordan. And trust me Kawhi or Giannis ain't MJ

Exactly. Fans move between "how much help does LeBron need to win?!" and "the Lakers rely on LeBron too much". Pick one

lakers fans themselves were saying darren collison was gonna come out of retirement and be the savior because lakers fans know they have no other shot creators.

come to find out DC used yall for a free lunch and some courtside seats, and lakers fans back to "lebron can handle it. he's a HOFer, and that's what HOFers do!"

Must have been real hard to choose a side considering how you been living vicariously through the Clippers :lol:

The Lakers have admittedly lost to teams with big wings, losing those regular season games doesn't equate to "showing no indication they can have success" but okay.

However under that same notion...... your down on the Lakers for struggling against teams that have a lot of wings....

Against the Sixers, Celtics, Bucks & Rockets.... The Clippers are a whopping 2-6. and wing play is suppose to be their #1 Strength, that should be worrisome. As it should be that a team is employing a closing lineup that consist of FIVE of the top 60 players in Iso attmpts.

But Hey
Keep telling them the truth and the facts bro.

Clips 2-6 against teams with loaded buffalo wings.

Cant get any better than that bro

You remember watching Alex English and those 80s Nuggets teams? How old are you, bruh?
Hell yeah I remember. I'll even tell you who started for the 88 Mavs and who their sixth man was lol

Derek Harper and Rolando Blackman at guard, Matk Aguirre and Roy Tarpley at forward, James Donaldson at center. Brad Davis 6th man.

I'm old af bro. But I look 30

Not too much time left to develop that continuity either, and PG just hurt his hamstring again and they added another piece at the deadline. They’re still having weird losses like that blowout against the Wolves where they gave up 140.

If they only have a handful of games with PG & Kawhi in the lineup by game 82 I don’t know how you can put them ahead of the other teams. This team does not know each other right now.
I think they have a legit shot next year with some minor moves. But it's really optimistic to think it can happen this year. If they get eliminated you already know the mainstream narrative is gonna be all about the injuries, lack of practice time, chemistry etc.

................ Ya'll have went 4-4 Since :lol:

Clipper Loss to a team only accounts for .25 of a loss
A Win against the Lakers accounts for 1.5

#NTAnalytics

3-0 since J-Rich came back, undefeated since Horford moved to the bench. These are the only records that matter now.

I'm surprised at how easy Zion is getting his buckets. He bullying grown *** men and his first and second jump is crazy. He still need to lean down and get his weight under control but it's really gon be a problem when he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom