THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
84844087_123221705902166_7592883893979815914_n.jpg

The Bucks are 5-1 in the 6 games Giannis missed this year. And all of those 5 wins were in double digits.

Mike Budenholzer obviously can't be the MVP of the Bucks with regards to their record since he's not a player, but he is more influential on their record than Giannis.
I still have no idea how he led a team whose leading scorer averaged 16.7 ppg, leading rebounder had 7.8 rpg and leading assist guy had 7.0 assists to a 60 win season. Well on his way to becoming one of the greatest regular season coaches of all time.

The Bucks are 5-1 in the 6 games Giannis missed this year. And all of those 5 wins were in double digits.

Last years champs were 17-5 without their best player too,don't think that kind of thing is a knock on those players as much as it's a testament to how good those teams are overall.

Kawhi and Giannis are easily 2 of the 3 best players alive

Bud is more influential on their record, than Giannis? That’s an interesting take, not one I agree with, but interesting all the same.

Last years champs were 17-5 without their best player too,don't think that kind of thing is a knock on those players as much as it's a testament to how good those teams are overall.

Kawhi and Giannis are easily 2 of the 3 best players alive

Super Bron stans like leavemeglazzies leavemeglazzies Can’t grasp that concept. They think the true measure of a players greatness is how bad the team is without them. Not how a great player functions within a full team concept, puts up numbers, wins and is an environment with great coaching where everybody is empowered and the sum of their parts hold their own, and raise their levels.

It should never be a slight on Giannis that he’s playing under a good coach who maximizes him and his teammates talent. That mode leads to the highest chances of winning consistently. Of course...individual greatness raises that bar....but there can be a cost of being over reliant on a superstar....instead of empowering a team.

Bud is more influential on their record, than Giannis? That’s an interesting take, not one I agree with, but interesting all the same.
I say so. It’s not a knock on Giannis but Bud knows who to maximize talent to win in the regular season. **** always have hit the fan come playoff time

Mike Budenholzer obviously can't be the MVP of the Bucks with regards to their record since he's not a player, but he is more influential on their record than Giannis.
I still have no idea how he led a team whose leading scorer averaged 16.7 ppg, leading rebounder had 7.8 rpg and leading assist guy had 7.0 assists to a 60 win season. Well on his way to becoming one of the greatest regular season coaches of all time.

Mike is gonna have a job forever in this league. He def knows how to win and comes from a winning culture.

Giannis deserves the MVP no doubt, but if he eventually goes home i don't want to hear the guaranteed "he was playing with bums the entire time" he has no support, look at his second best player blah blah blah.

seen the same revisionist **** happen with Bron and his Cleveland squads, acting like he was taking a roster full of g-league dudes to the playoffs yearly.

Also again ya'll pick & choose when a situation becomes a negative/positive depending on the player.

I say so. It’s not a knock on Giannis but Bud knows who to maximize talent to win in the regular season. **** always have hit the fan come playoff time

THIS & this is moreso to talk about Bud then Giannis. I just find it really weird that people are talking about this Milwaulkee team in a historical context with other all time great teams & still nobody is mentioning that they've played the weakest schedule in the league, their coach is beginning to show a pattern of maxing out the regular season & falling apart in the playoffs.

Hence why i'm not sold on the Bucks as some dominat squad yet. Giannis has taken another step, some of the younger role players have gotten better. But this is basically the same team as last year - Brogdon & Mirotic.

based on the team i root for i've heard NONSTOP about how important having addn'l playmakers is.... Giannis "Playmakers" he has to rely on if he doesn't have it. Is George Hill & Eric Bledsoe.

If MIL loses (again, if) it could be that Giannis plays his *** off but MIL's role players aren't able to hold up their end... or it could be that a disciplined defensive team is able to take away some of Giannis' effectiveness. We can wait and actually see how it plays out, we don't need to decide months in advance who should shoulder the blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom