THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure is

I’ve noticed that people really underestimate chemistry, roles, a defined system, aging and pacing...and how those things effect a team.

Brosizzlew30.23 Brosizzlew30.23 expects a 35 year old LeBron to play 75+ games....heavy minutes, and defense. That’s likely not going to happen. No matter how much time in the offseason he’s gotten.

The year 17 year is going to hit different. Having Bron as the sole 3 level playmaker....and him increasingly upping his usage will feel a lot like the 17-18 Cavs....except worse cuz he’s 2 years older...and playing in the West.

That Cavs team scrapped to 50 wins and a 4 seed at the end of the season...with a better version of Bron...who played all 82 games and similar roster.

People should look for that as reference to see how this is going to play out, is they play “that way”...and Bron stay completely healthy.

the thing is that the 17-18 Cavs didn't have a player on there squad like AD Kevin Love was the closest to that and he only played 59 games. Hell the only people on that roster who played over 60 games that year were JR & Korver.

Lmaoo at this being a "similar" roster.

It would take Lebron missing no games & maxing out every night if they were trying to grab the #1 seed... I don't think this coaching staff or management is necessarily pushing that hard. Regular season Lebron with AD & good role players, is enough to get you a 3-5 seed, while still not having to force Lebron ridiculous minutes.

No troll: health provided, I’d be sold on the Lakers if they had one more playmaker and one more wing defender with size. If there’s one duo that can circumvent the lack of individual play making it’s obviously this duo though.

AD like other bigs has to have the ball brought to him, which comes with limitations come playoff time. One of his best attributes is his insane length, coordination, and skill as a roll man which may very well diminish (even if it’s by just 10%) come playoff time when the court shirts, and the defenses become better and Offensive efficiency shrinks. This is PARTLY why to me he can stuff a stat sheet with points that come from PnPs, ORebs, FTs, and he can end up with 35/15 but it’s hard for him have the impact of a LeBron who can produce that same statline but in a more impactful way.

feel like once the playoffs come, do you trust anyone to do anything with the ball outside of LeBron? Do you trust anyone on that roster outside of bron to make a pocket pass, make a play for someone else, make a play for themselves, when it’s 5 minutes left to go in a playoff game?

Even with that, Bron / Brow PnR should be dynamo so long as the Lakers shooters make shots and don’t hemorrhage points on the other end and allow Javale Dwight and AD to be the rim protectors that they are. Outside of bron (and who knows where his defense will be) they are incredibly small on the wings defensively

The Lakers are so deep that I would expect them to grab the 1 seed even if Bron and AD miss 20+ games a piece. Arguably the deepest team in league history

1569774989078.png

Nah it's ya'll league everyone else is just living in it :lol:

Some fanbases have an amazing capacity to assume before the season starts the team will get max performance from every guy on the roster, even when there’s objective reasons to believe otherwise. You have to admire the optimism.

If he was so disruptive, why he never made an all-defensive team?
Back then there were a bunch of great defensive guards like Alvin Robertson, Mo Cheeks, Sidney Moncrief, etc that got the nod ahead of Magic, in spite of Magic being a solid defensive player in his early years. Bottom line, Magic played both ends at a very high level and won 5 chips in 9 Finals in a span of 11 yrs and is why he an all time great no question

Bron/AD PnR

Keep coming with that fire
Green, Bradley, Cook, Daniels, Kuz, Dudley all gettin open looks off that PNR.

Versatility on offense. PNR all day to generate open looks from deep, if we need to play post game we can use AD or Dwight or Lebron down low, plus who gonna contend with Lakers' bigs?? Harrell and Zubac lol? Jokic by his lonesome? The Lopez twins over in Mil with Giannis possibly? WCS and Draymond? How bout Capela? Gobert and Utah good to compete, probably not Portland tho. Gasol and Serge not good enough. Philly the Only team that has the bigs and balance to challenge LA ino.

Lakers gonna be too strong for everybody lol

Sure is

I’ve noticed that people really underestimate chemistry, roles, a defined system, aging and pacing...and how those things effect a team.

Brosizzlew30.23 Brosizzlew30.23 expects a 35 year old LeBron to play 75+ games....heavy minutes, and defense. That’s likely not going to happen. No matter how much time in the offseason he’s gotten.

The year 17 year is going to hit different. Having Bron as the sole 3 level playmaker....and him increasingly upping his usage will feel a lot like the 17-18 Cavs....except worse cuz he’s 2 years older...and playing in the West.

That Cavs team scrapped to 50 wins and a 4 seed at the end of the season...with a better version of Bron...who played all 82 games and similar roster.

People should look for that as reference to see how this is going to play out, is they play “that way”...and Bron stay completely healthy.
Umm......No.

You know for all the media's "concern" about the Lakers third option & depth come playoff time, i oddly keep seeing them compared to the Clippers in terms of how much better of a supporting cast they have..

The Clippers third best player is an undersized two guard in his 14th season who's playoff numbers are as follows

12/2/3 on 38/26/80.........

they are also starting Zubac & Jaymychal Green... this idea that the Clippers have this vastly superior supporting cast is kind of crazy. Same can be said for the Rockets, Same can be said for GS etc etc..

so i'm confused as to why i keep hearing this if AD/Bron misses significant time the Lakers are in big trouble... as if this isn't true for the majority of the top teams in the West
They dont even know it yet but they will see. Like I said, the Laker hating aka jealousy has begun. Because when we do it, we do it big and no other team knows how to do dynasties each decade like the Lakers do it.

The Clips are a team severely lacking in Bigs who can hold down the paint both on O and on D. This is needed in the playoffs big time, no matter what the era. Clips are a team full of forwards and guards. Don't get me wrong, they're a playoff team simply cause of Kawhi and PG, but once the playoffs start, having a lack of bigs will be the difference between advancing against the true elite teams vs advancing against 6-7 seeded squads.

No troll: health provided, I’d be sold on the Lakers if they had one more playmaker and one more wing defender with size.

feel like once the playoffs come, do you trust anyone to do anything with the ball outside of LeBron? Do you trust anyone on that roster outside of bron to make a pocket pass, make a play for someone else, make a play for themselves, when it’s 5 minutes left to go in a playoff
Outside of bron (and who knows where his defense will be) they are incredibly small on the wings defensively
Wing defenders - Green, people underestimating Avery Bradley once again, y'all don't know bout Caruso but y'all finna respect the dude's D by 2020 mark my words. I don't want y'all acting shocked when you see what this kid does with a veteran cast around him. And old man Rondo can still do it in spurts as long as you preserve him. Cook can defend adequately. We straight on D because guess what, you still forgetting KCP. We deep af.

Caruso can playmake too. Y'all just gotta be patient. And we sure as hell know Rondo gonna be pnr'ing AD, Javale,and Dwight to death once playoffs start.

Lakers are balanced like no other. We good for 55+ wins and a top 3 seed as long as nobody out for extended time.

Last edited:
Some fanbases have an amazing capacity to assume before the season starts the team will get max performance from every guy on the roster, even when there’s objective reasons to believe otherwise. You have to admire the optimism.

I know like Kawhi actually playing 70+ games
Or PG not having his annual disappearing act during the 2nd half of the regular season
Or Lou Will actually showing up in the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom