THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love to see Westbrook evolve his game and adapt to D'Antoni's offense and start knocking down treys with regularity. It will be good for his future

But it still won't change D'Antoni as an underachieving coach in the playoffs.

No troll: health provided, I’d be sold on the Lakers if they had one more playmaker and one more wing defender with size. If there’s one duo that can circumvent the lack of individual play making it’s obviously this duo though.

AD like other bigs has to have the ball brought to him, which comes with limitations come playoff time. One of his best attributes is his insane length, coordination, and skill as a roll man which may very well diminish (even if it’s by just 10%) come playoff time when the court shirts, and the defenses become better and Offensive efficiency shrinks. This is PARTLY why to me he can stuff a stat sheet with points that come from PnPs, ORebs, FTs, and he can end up with 35/15 but it’s hard for him have the impact of a LeBron who can produce that same statline but in a more impactful way.

feel like once the playoffs come, do you trust anyone to do anything with the ball outside of LeBron? Do you trust anyone on that roster outside of bron to make a pocket pass, make a play for someone else, make a play for themselves, when it’s 5 minutes left to go in a playoff game?

Even with that, Bron / Brow PnR should be dynamo so long as the Lakers shooters make shots and don’t hemorrhage points on the other end and allow Javale Dwight and AD to be the rim protectors that they are. Outside of bron (and who knows where his defense will be) they are incredibly small on the wings defensively

RESPECT!! Not much to disagree with here...

That’s a far cry from missing the playoffs and struggling for the 8th seed...

I can totally see Russ camping in the corner waiting for that corner 3 opportunity...that fits his skill set perfectly...he’s gonna be ecstatic!

Foh
When he’s off the ball this is the only solution. Plus from the corner he’ll have plenty of opportunities for cuts to the basket and crashing the offensive boards

When he’s off the ball this is the only solution. Plus from the corner he’ll have plenty of opportunities for cuts to the basket and crashing the offensive boards

I feel you man..and I agree...

I’m more so worried about can you teach an old dog new tricks?? These are things we’ve never seen Russ do in his career...

more power to him tho for trying...idk how the execution will be...

RESPECT!! Not much to disagree with here...

That’s a far cry from missing the playoffs and struggling for the 8th seed...

Anthony Davis and LBJ being the 8th seed or missing the playoffs w/o massive injury to either or would be w/o a doubt the biggest disappointment in NBA history. I put money that they wouldn't make the playoffs last year, won't do that this year :lol:

I will say that LBJ is in uncharted territory. I won't predict he'll miss time, but 35 years old in his 17th season with the most minutes ever played or something like that is a dangerous recipe. Especially since there are no other real ball handlers and playmakers on the team, so IMO they'll need LBJ and they won't need him to coast. How many 17 year old vets in league history play 35 Min a night and put up 26/7/7? How many 35 year old NBA guys are playing 35 min a night and playing 70 games a year? KB played 6 games in his age 35 season. (Using him just as a HS reference)

So I guess what I'm saying is that even if you think LBJ is a cyborg, the fact that he's 35 w/all those minutes, and the fact that the guard rotation is KCP/Bradley/Caruso/Rondo/Cook has to be at least a little concerning. He had a major injury last year and you don't age backwards.

^good valid points. But Lebron coming off all that rest this summer is a scary thing....

"Old man" Lebron is on a major redemption mission so is the entire laker organization. This is not a recipe opposing teams gonna want to deal with. Oh me oh my

Only fans outside of Lakers fans see the guard rotation of KCP/Bradley/Caruso/Rondo/Cook as "concerning."

Guards are as straight as straight can be, barring injury of course.

Lonzo, Hart, Swaggy P, DLo, Lou Will....never been more glad that we ended up acquiring AD, Kuzma, and cap space for that group of guards

^that was with the scrub Lakers last year. Don't look for that this year

Those who think Lebron isn't up to par in leading this team deep into the postseason with the help of AD are in for a nice pleasant surprise in 2019-20.

We will all sit back relax and enjoy the show

Last edited:
Lakers will have home court advantage every single game we play the Dippers. Shoulda moved em to Seattle where the city would actually get behind them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom