THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
xvrk1i0ko2x41.jpg

Mark Jackson isn't necessarily a bad coach but I don't think he's a good coach either. I also think he's a fake preacher/fronts about who he really is and that matters so there's bias for me for sure :lol:
What are you basing your opinion on?

What are you basing your opinion on?
It’s word on the beach.
This article was published 12 years ago. The affair took place in 2006. You're telling me the man couldn't change his life since then?

I'm not listening to buc em buc em cause he is out here trying to save **** with kids and he always has the "scoop" on some sports player life as if he is some gossip columnist.

"In an affidavit filed in federal court, an FBI agent said Jackson had a nearly-yearlong affair with Adams. When it started six years ago, Adams was working at a New York strip club, and Jackson was an analyst on telecasts of New Jersey Nets games.'

This article was published 12 years ago. The affair took place in 2006. You're telling me the man couldn't change his life since then?

I'm not listening to buc em buc em cause he is out here trying to save **** with kids and he always has the "scoop" on some sports player life as if he is some gossip columnist.

"In an affidavit filed in federal court, an FBI agent said Jackson had a nearly-yearlong affair with Adams. When it started six years ago, Adams was working at a New York strip club, and Jackson was an analyst on telecasts of New Jersey Nets games.'

Trying to save **** with kids....? Wut?

I could care less about Mark Jackson, I just remember hearing that was a big reason why he hasn’t landed a job since then.

RE: Jackson

I am not asking about him as a person, I am asking about his skill as a coach.

People on here saying he isn't a good coach.

I am wondering how any of us would know.

Let's create 4 scenarios.

A. He was an upstanding gentlemen and husband (is he married?) before this affair, then this affair happened, and he has been an upstanding gentlemen and/or husband since then.

B. He had other affairs before this affair, then this affair happened, and he has had affairs since.

C. He had other affairs before this affair, then this affair happened, but he learned his lesson and has never had an affair since.

D. He had never had an affair before this one, then this affair happened, and he has had affairs since then.

You honestly think A is the more likely one? And I've mentioned before on here that I've been cheated on in every relationship I've been in but I've personally never cheated. And I say that so people don't get the wrong impression when I say the following: I don't really look at affairs as though worst thing that a person can do. If he has cheated, eff it. But to pretend like he hasn't... you really think that this thing that went so public was just an outlier?

RE: Jackson

I am not asking about him as a person, I am asking about his skill as a coach.

People on here saying he isn't a good coach.

I am wondering how any of us would know.

As a coach, he was playing a lot of politics with management
As a coach, he pitted players against each other to gain loyalty
As a coach, he had Klay doing post ups
As a coach, he stopped assistant coaches from talking to the media
As a coach, he stopped players from giving credit to assistant coaches for the work they did because he wanted the credit

He did help with Steph's development though. He was the right man to bring the Warriors to where they needed, but that was the time to cut him (Ehem...Elton Brand..ehem). the downside is that he comes with a ton of baggage and there's a clear lack of transparency and honesty with him. It wasn't publicly known then, but it's definitely known now and GMs should be weary of that.

This article breaks it down: https://www.si.com/nba/2015/02/19/g...ve-kerr-stephen-curry-klay-thompson-joe-lacob

We can only evaluate Jackson based on what he did in Golden State, as a coach, and it can be fairly described as a mixed bag. He did some good things and some not so good things. On the not so good side, seems pretty indisputable that he had some interpersonal issues with assistants and players.

He did well enough with GSW that, all things considered, he could get another opportunity. But there are a lot of good coaches out there and few NBA jobs. So there’s not a lot of reason for a team to give a head coaching job to a guy with some baggage/negative history over another candidate who doesn’t, if you think they’re equally qualified for the job otherwise.

Why hire Mark Jackson when you might find the next Nick Nurse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom