THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
10.jpg

DAIZ TIL TIP OFF

Zion is further ahead of where Blake was when he was a prospect. Much better defensively, and his ball handling and passing is more developed than Blake’s was at the time.

Blake’s game has truly come a long way.

The question was is he a better than prospect than Blake...and if you value the other side of the ball...I don't see how it's really a debate.

Take into account how much hype Zion had even from HS. All eyes were on him since then, the era of social media really helped this man.

For a PROSPECT, Zion all day and yes including the hype in it.

Hold up...

Dame and CJ really played 30 mins a piece and lost by 16 to the Suns without Booker, Ayton and Rubio?

Tried to tell y’all the Blazers weren’t good this year but nobody wanted to hear it. Their current best players outside of their top 2 are Rodney Hood, Zach Collins and Whiteside. They’re in for a rough year.

Terry Stotts is just a really exceptional regular season coach. He seems to consistently get his team in or near the top 10 offensively or defensively year to year by playing to percentages

They have also gotten extremely fortunate with injuries sans Nurk

With all the roster turnover it'll be a litmus test. Bazemore is probably their 3rd best player without Nurkic and they're going to need Simons to grow up quickly which I believe he is equipped to do so

Blake - 22/10/2.3

Zion - 22/9/2.1

Zion played in a better basketball conference vs. Better talent.

Seems like they were equal rebounder and passers to me.

In addition Zion is 2 years younger than Blake was entering the draft.

Blake gets the nod on nba ready size at 6'10 as opposed to 6'7 for zion

Even though numbers don't really support the passing/rebounding theory, is debatable. Zion being 2 years younger at the same period in time makes him the better draft "prospect" imo.

Idk what you are looking at but Blake averaged 14.4 rebs a game his last year of college. Blake turned 20 a few months before getting drafted and Zion was a month away fron turning 19 before getting drafted. Not sure if i would round that to 2 years difference lol

The Blazers have two very good players on their team and not much else. Both those players played 30 minutes and the other team’s three best players didn’t even play and they still lost by 16. Preseason or not that ain’t a good sign man.

so what are you trying to infer? that blazers will miss the playoffs or that blazers won't make it past the 1st/2nd/3rd round of the playoffs?

i think most people would agree that you are overthinking.

A lot, maybe even much of their regular season hinges on Zach Collins. Moe/Aminu/Seth did provide a solid supporting cast which they could cruise through the regular season. Not to mention Nurk was arguably their 2nd best player until he went down

Come playoff time they weren't cutting it though. Aminu was rendered almost moot

The Blazers were tired of Aminu and Harkless missing threes every playoffs. They do need another PF because Collins might be more valuable playing C.

Kevin Love seems like it's been an obvious to the NBA world outside of Portland's front office

All these two big lineups are going to be an interesting case study

Kevin Love seems like it's been an obvious to the NBA world outside of Portland's front office

All these two big lineups are going to be an interesting case study

what's your gut feeling on it though?

imo, as long as the two bigs are skilled ala gasol & zbo, i find it hard to see it not working.

what's your gut feeling on it though?

imo, as long as the two bigs are skilled ala gasol & zbo, i find it hard to see it not working.
I'm sure it'll be fine for the most part in the regular season since there will be staggering. During the playoffs is where I'm curious because we've seen the trend of downsizing...

Since my pick is Philly to come out of the east, you could say that I see it "working" for them. Rosters inevitably change every season so we'll see how that shapes things

I honestly think Love is content being in Cleveland, which is crazy because he is still a good player, he’d waste away on the Cavs squad while they’re rebuilding

Ready for Javonte Green. Dude hasn't missed a shot yet, hope he gets more playing time earlier in the game today

Legit never heard of him until his game against Charlotte

This is a bummer though, wanted to see him play

The Blazers have two very good players on their team and not much else. Both those players played 30 minutes and the other team’s three best players didn’t even play and they still lost by 16. Preseason or not that ain’t a good sign man.
Most ppl said the Blazers weren’t gon be good last year too and you see where they ended up

Healthy Dame x CJ good for at least 45 wins like clockwork, don’t really matter who else on the squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom