THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the most overrated things in basketball is playmaking. Once you hit the final 8, if you're truly serious about winning, you gotta have hoopers who can give you 25 to 30 regardless of defense.

Not someone who's going to average *checks notes*

11 points a game in a playoff series

177 MILLION DOLLARS. 11 points a game. Ahhhhh

Nah it's real quiet for bro.

Playmaking =/= just passing. You gotta be able to score, draw fouls, get to the line, draw a double

Last edited:
Playmaking = passing. You gotta be able to score, draw fouls, get to the line, draw a double

I agree. Your value as a playmaker ain't much if you aren't even a threat to playmake for yourself.

That being said Philly has a lot of things going for them in this covid invitational.

One of the most overrated things in basketball is playmaking. Once you hit the final 8, if you're truly serious about winning, you gotta have hoopers who can give you 25 to 30 regardless of defense.

Not someone who's going to average *checks notes*

11 points a game in a playoff series

177 MILLION DOLLARS. 11 points a game. Ahhhhh

Nah it's real quiet for bro.

That was in his second year of playing pro basketball. If you think that's going to be who he will be the rest of his career that's one thing, but everyone was gladly waiting for Ingram, Greek, Hayward, etc to become contributors on his level for 4 years.
Not writing dude off as done developing at this point, though yeah, it'd be nice if he'd take even ONE jumpshot a game. He's also being used to absolute wrong way. Imagine dude playing 4 next to a tandem like Steph and Klay :sick:

Don't really understand pigeonholing him into a position anyways. He's basically the epitome of positionless. 22/9/8 while playing 1st Team Defense with no Embiid. Team is still very poorly constructed around him. He's a star.

Elton Brand purposely building a team that makes no sense around Ben is the issue.

Don't really understand pigeonholing him into a position anyways. He's basically the epitome of positionless. 22/9/8 while playing 1st Team Defense with no Embiid. Team is still very poorly constructed around him. He's a star.

Elton Brand purposely building a team that makes no sense around Ben is the issue.

Damn :lol:

I still have my doubts w/Ben roster construction issues noted, but philly definitely isn't helping matters when it comes to him.

76ers will be a better playoff team.
I think they just have to find a new coach next offseason.
Brett isnt built for all that talent.

76ers will be a better playoff team.
I think they just have to find a new coach next offseason.
Brett isnt built for all that talent.

They have a ton of size. W/no Homecourt, 5 months off, shooting should be bad. Having Ben and Jojo defensively + bad shooting may push Philly into the chip

They have a ton of size. W/no Homecourt, 5 months off, shooting should be bad. Having Ben and Jojo defensively + bad shooting may push Philly into the chip
You realize they are AWFUL away from home themselves, right?

6DCEDFE5-0DC4-4270-BDDD-F443335BBD01.jpeg

Mans a action figure lol

they are awful away from home...while playing on other team’s home floor?

none of that matters :lol: no one is at home
I suppose I should have said they are only good when they get to feed off their home crowd. Without that, and their garbage spacing and shooting, (thanks Elton), the Orlando situation isn’t going to be particularly ideal. They are FOOD if they have to play MIL/BOS/TOR.

I suppose I should have said they are only good when they get to thrive off their home crowd. Without that, and their garbage spacing and shooting, (thanks Elton), the Orlando situation isn’t going to be particularly ideal. They are FOOD if they have to play MIL/BOS/TOR.

I mean I guess that’s true, But the Orlando variables are such that I don’t how it’ll impact things. Like, are we sure they’ll be food against those teams you mentioned? What if guys from Boston and Toronto just can’t make shots? No home court for any team is a big deal. I wouldn’t roll with Philly but I wouldn’t be surprised if they made it through in this context.

Just gotta sit down with Simmons and find out if he’s gon shoot or not...If he won’t then time to move yo off the ball full time
I’ve said this quite a few times lol
Play him at PF on a team with shooters and an actual PG (which basically every team in the league has other than Philly) and problem solved. Would flourish. He'd be an absolutely elite secondary ballhandler.
I’ve said back in 2018 to move Simmons to the 4 and let Fultz flourish as the PG, but EYE was told that EYE was crazy
Swap Simmons for JB on the Cs and he'd be flourishing.
Nope. Not happening lol
Ben plays his best basketball when Embiid isn’t there. I don’t know how philly makes it work tbh. They are badly built
Brett’s insistence on having Ben be the point is the root issue. It wasn’t until THIS YEAR when Ben decided to play more in the post (circumstances yes). None of the other guards are lead ballhandlers and just guys who can theoretically shoot and play off Simmons (Ha Ool, Trey)
Why didn't Philly go for DLo last summer?
Because EB at the time has less power than Brett. Brett ain’t want another PG to take duties from Ben
Bens a 4. He’s always been. You won’t max his talent with him playing the 1 or 4 with Joel. And his outright refusal to take a damn jump shot...goes beyond just being a bad shooter. It’s truly detrimental to a team. And selfish tbh.

Sixers COULD get hot tho. I’m rooting for it.
Him at the 4 with Jo works (see Sixers - Clippers from Feb pre ASB). As long as Simmons is aggressive and looking to get to the rim, that pairing is elite

Brett’s fault. EB didn’t have more power until like January. Everything had to get clearance from Brett regarding roster. If Brett didn’t want Horford, Sixers wouldn’t have signed him

I don’t get why the Bucks don’t get more respect. Because they lost to Toronto last year? Seems like it’s popular to pick other East teams right now. I still got Milwaukee winning the East, with Boston and Toronto as my sleepers.

Both suck. Both should go.

Choosing to create a team that can't shoot in the year 2020 is hilarious.
Brown should be gone first. Brand was brought in to support Brown, not work together in cohesion. A lot of the moves made was what Brown wanted and thought he could make work. It wasn’t until earlier this year (2020), that Brand was given more power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom