THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been saying this will be the hardest chip to win. The amount of focus players will need to have is insane.

I'd only label it with an "asterisk" if a key rotational player somehow tests positive.

That clip is going to be on replay on all of ESPN's shows until tomorrow's game start.

I can hear Perk now "Max. Max. Max. Max. Max. Max. Max. It don't matter how LeBron played. When the game mattered most, he got the bucket and on the last possession, he SEENST KA-WAH-HEE AND PAWL GEORGE AND HE STOPPED BOFOF'EM, MAX. THAT'S WHY HE'S THE MVP, MAX. MAX. MAX. I'M TELLING YOU. LEBRAWN JAMES IS THE MVP" :smh: :sick:
On point but you know he is going to say LISTEN several times while making his point.

Enough with the home court advantage talk geez. If you can ball you can ball anywhere.

Home court advantage is just a part of it. Players had 4.5 months off with varying access to gyms and basketball courts.

I can't say the chip is tainted or anything like that but it's definitely not the same caliber as almost all the other modern day titles imo

Does this mean you will view this title as “less than” other modern day titles?

Home court advantage is just a part of it. Players had 4.5 months off with varying access to gyms and basketball courts.

Does this mean you will view this title as “less than” other modern day titles?
Don't know yet, depends if players start testing positive and dropping out. If there's a clean finish I still would look at it differently to a degree. There's just so many different circumstances around this title that I can't automatically treat it as equal

The minutiae of a normal season and the playoffs is all lost. It's difficult for me to part from that fact. I already see others building a case that this chip will count for more...

Imagine seeing the team you beat the next morning getting breakfast :lol:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I think the disconnect is that people use their term asterisk differently. Some people use it in an attempt to diminish the season/championship and others use it to highlight the structural or procedural abnormalities of the season/championship.

One is subjective. The other is objective.

I think everyone agrees about the circumstances here being extraordinarily different than the norm. The debate is probably more about the weight that this title will carry.

I think likening it to the Raptors’ title like someone did on the last page was appropriate. I, like many others, wanted to diminish the value of the chip because Durant was essentially absent that series and Klay got hurt. That Warriors’ team hinges on having their core 4 in tact. Without Durant, and eventually Klay, it just wasn’t enough so you could make the case the chip isn’t a “real chip” because they played a depleted warriors team. Could make the same case about the Dubs’ title in ‘15.

But then you realize it doesn’t matter. They played their full year, made it through the playoffs, and played the team that met them at the end. Both the Raps and that ‘15 Warriors team won, regardless of injuries.

That how I’ve come to look at this whole thing. Is it the same? No. Do crowds and HCA matter? Yes. Does traveling matter? Yes. However, this is still NBA basketball. These are still best of 7 series. Players are still going to be going after each other the same way. Given the layoff, team changes from players opting out, dynamics of the bubble, not having the crowd to fuel you, and all the other circumstances, this chip still carries plenty of weight to me.

I'm still flabbergasted that Kawhi was locked up by KYLE KUZMA. Mans gotta update his software after that.
normal kuz byke. he cant trot around like a hollywood thot anymore so all he can do now is work on his game

Not sure I agree with the message here. I've said for the longest that USA needs to worry about fixing our own atrocities before we go policing the world. The 2 main things that I've always meant when I've said that America needs to be more introspective have been homelessness and systemic racism towards black people, with a distant 3rd from that being the country's overall approach and attitude towards minorities.

'So the USA should just stand aside while people in other countries are getting abused, mistreated, even killed by their government?' Look I know when the topic is human rights, it's going to be an emotional topic. But if I've got a broken arm and I'm also bleeding profusely from my neck and I see some dude beating on a child across the street from me, it's a tough call to realize that if I don't get my neck taken care of I'm going to be dead in a matter of a very few minutes, and that I'm not going to be much good with a bone protruding from my arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom