THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure I agree with the message here. I've said for the longest that USA needs to worry about fixing our own atrocities before we go policing the world. The 2 main things that I've always meant when I've said that America needs to be more introspective have been homelessness and systemic racism towards black people, with a distant 3rd from that being the country's overall approach and attitude towards minorities.

'So the USA should just stand aside while people in other countries are getting abused, mistreated, even killed by their government?' Look I know when the topic is human rights, it's going to be an emotional topic. But if I've got a broken arm and I'm also bleeding profusely from my neck and I see some dude beating on a child across the street from me, it's a tough call to realize that if I don't get my neck taken care of I'm going to be dead in a matter of a very few minutes, and that I'm not going to be much good with a bone protruding from my arm.

The crux of the China situation doesn't have **** to do with fixing atrocities. Morey didn't get that tweet of trying to "fix" anything. It's no different than if he would have tweeted "Free Palestine" which also would have been a problem. The "gotcha" moment is on who RUNS the NBA. It showed how it only seeks to trailblaze in social activism when it DOES NOT threaten the bag. If "NBA: The Black Lives Matter Tourney" actually threatened the bag...it would not be happening. This is the epitome of corporate and performative activism.

And again...this is another case where the NBA can conveniently hide behind it's players. That's why this convo will keep circling back to "well why should "they" care about issues not close to home". I couldn't give a FLYING **** about what Lebron thinks about Hong Kong. It's not on the players.

Let me remind all of you....THIS IS THE NBA:

T3UXIYIWTNSLBIR5UKQCEOFSVA.jpg

(Old photo but ya'll get the point)

because they played fairly cringe, had like 25 turnovers. 15 were probably unforced, Ad went off and only lost by 2

Lou would've had AT LEAST 3.

In addition, Pat Bev, Zu and Shamet are all super rusty, having just gotten into the bubble. Pat worked it out some as the game went on, but the other two not so much. I would expect they’ll all improve over the course of the next 7 games. Then add Lou and Trezl back in the mix and that could provide a big improvement.

Plus, probably the most important stretch of the game last night was when the Lakers regained in the lead in the 3rd quarter when most of the Clippers starters were on the bench. Maybe if our two best bench players were available, that would have gone differently. Maybe not.

Anyway, certainly no reason from the game last night for the Clippers to think they can’t beat the Lakers.

In addition, Pat Bev, Zu and Shamet are all super rusty, having just gotten into the bubble. Pat worked it out some as the game went on, but the other two not so much. I would expect they’ll all improve over the course of the next 7 games. Then add Lou and Trezl back in the mix and that could provide a big improvement.

Plus, probably the most important stretch of the game last night was when the Lakers regained in the lead in the 3rd quarter when most of the Clippers starters were on the bench. Maybe if our two best bench players were available, that would have gone differently. Maybe not.

Anyway, certainly no reason from the game last night for the Clippers to think they can’t beat the Lakers.
Lakers in 6...
Matter fact if y’all play Houston it’s over

because they played fairly cringe, had like 25 turnovers. 15 were probably unforced, Ad went off and only lost by 2

Lou would've had AT LEAST 3.

Bron looked the worse he's ever looked in those 1st 3 quarters.
Yes, Lou would get buckets, but he would have made it easier for Lakers to score. They sought him out every time he was on the floor last game.
Clippers had 22 turnovers, Lakers had 16. Sloppy game from both teams, but I didn't really take anything away from it. Both teams looked rusty.

The Clippers lost the game off turnovers more so than the absence of Lou and Trez, with the most critical occurring in the last minute of the game.

Bron looked the worse he's ever looked in those 1st 3 quarters.
Yes, Lou would get buckets, but he would have made it easier for Lakers to score. They sought him out every time he was on the floor last game.
Clippers had 22 turnovers, Lakers had 16. Sloppy game from both teams, but I didn't really take anything away from it. Both teams looked rusty.

I think we’re all saying basically the same thing - neither team should feel too high or too low about the game last night.

Shamet was chucking :lol:

I hope Zion is eating well in the bubble. Hopefully his family and friends are sending him care packages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom