THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything less than 65 wins, 16-1, and a Title for LA is an abject failure:

Though the Clippers have been hyped, are people forgetting how much ESPN tried to will Kawhi to the Lakers, to the point where they actively reported the wrong things in hope that they would break the news of him signing there, and how much ESPN is basically Lebron Sports Programming Network anyway??

I ain't say nothing about the Lakers being a underdog. It's the Lakers, they're always held to high standard. It don't matter to me either way but dude was wrong about the Clippers not being hyped by the media.

He didn’t say they weren’t hyped. They were picked as a favorite to win the title, but that’s different from anyone was putting them in a completely different tier as all other teams. That’s the point he was making and I agree.

Most media people I heard talk about it in the Summer said they considered the two LA teams and Philly to all have a shot. Then teams like Denver and Boston. I believe Vegas has the Lakers as the favorites preseason.

Though the Clippers have been hyped, are people forgetting how much ESPN tried to will Kawhi to the Lakers, to the point where they actively reported the wrong things in hope that they would break the news of him signing there, and how much ESPN is basically Lebron Sports Programming Network anyway??

It is....And I haven’t forgot. let’s not forget Kyrie, Klay, AD, Kawhi, KD, PG etc to the Lakers.

Oh....but when I was saying this....I was “making stuff up”. Y’all see what I been saying, clear as day. But imma be quiet and let the thread cook.

It is....And I haven’t forgot. let’s not forget Kyrie, Klay, AD, Kawhi, KD, PG etc to the Lakers.

Oh....but when I was saying this....I was “making stuff up”. Y’all see what I been saying, clear as day. But imma be quiet and let the thread cook.

Well after LeBron and AD make it clear they want to be Lakers and become Lakers of course most of the media are gonna assume another star wants to go. :lol:

Point is a lot of the media picked the Clippers like they was bout to go 70-12 and easily win the chip. It's ok y'all a super team. Best defense and duo since MJ and Pip. :Hat

And it look like the Lakers scrambled and filled out that roster pretty good.

tenor.gif
Who's media in here?

Like I said...it's to the point where laker fans get more joy out of the Clippers losing than the Lakers winning.

Truth be told, y'all are becoming jilted lover obsessed and we clipper fans don't really talk about the Lakers that much.

Long season to go and believes it or not, every Clippers fan is actually excited about what they saw last night.

Maybe y'all seen it too, and that's why y'all are in full on hate mode right now?

Either way, let us do us.

Who's media in here?

Like I said...it's to the point where laker fans get more joy out of the Clippers losing than the Lakers winning.

Truth be told, y'all are becoming jilted lover obsessed and we clipper fans don't really talk about the Lakers that much.

Long season to go and believes it or not, every Clippers fan is actually excited about what they saw last night.

Maybe y'all seen it too, and that's why y'all are in full on hate mode right now?

not even worth your time bro. Some dudes really overreact to the first 15 games of the season as if it’s indicative of what to expect in may/june.

There were quite a few outlets jumping on the Clipper bandwagon early, there were even some today lauding PG13’s return even though they got beat by a short handed Pelican team.

Just the way it goes I guess

Who's media in here?

Dawg majority of this thread are obsessed with the Lakers. :lol:

Sound like y'all Clipper fans are just use to not having anything so y'all don't know how to handle being talked about.

On some "hey leave us alone". :lol:

Y'all got the new Mike and Scottie and deepest team ever so y'all gotta deal with the new spotlight and jokes if y'all come up short.

There were quite a few outlets jumping on the Clipper bandwagon early, there were even some today lauding PG13’s return even though they got beat by a short handed Pelican team.

can’t say im surprised at all by clippers hype. coach with a championship pedigree + a team that took the warriors to six games in the playoffs just added the finals mvp and an elite two way player. I understand why the media was quick to crown them, and they’ll probably be proven right in 7 or 8 months time

I mean, PG had an efficient 33, 9 and 4 in 24 minutes, so it’s fair to say he had a pretty impressive return despite the loss.

can’t say im surprised at all by clippers hype. coach with a championship pedigree + a team that took the warriors to six games in the playoffs just added the finals mvp and an elite two way player. I understand why the media was quick to crown them, and they’ll probably be proven right in 7 or 8 months time
Not if they carry on like this they won’t

Dawg majority of this thread are obsessed with the Lakers. :lol:

Sound like y'all Clipper fans are just use to not having anything so y'all don't know how to handle being talked about.

On some "hey leave us alone". :lol:

Y'all got the new Mike and Scottie and deepest team ever so y'all gotta deal with the new spotlight and jokes if y'all come up short.
Twist reality into any form you need to so that it may fit your narrative. Either way, the Clippers are good and we don't concern ourselves with the Lakers.

You do realize that buyouts generally happen in order to appease agents, correct?

The salary matching is what makes a trade for him difficult. Tristan is making 18 million dollars. Most playoff teams don't just have $18M in contracts that they can spare in order to match salary, without drastically changing their team. Same situation applies to both Favors and Iguodala. Try playing with the trade machine. It's really tough to put together something that makes sense.

Veterans with expiring contracts on bad teams typically are the candidates that get bought out, and all 3 of these guys fit the bill. All hypothetical though for now.

Bro you’re acting like this is Vince Carter trying to chase a ring before retirement. Tristan Thompson is 29 years old chillin in the last year of his deal not making a peep about being in Cleveland. Derrick Favors just turned 28, was excited to be on the Pelicans and hasn’t even gotten the chance to play with Zion yet. Pelicans aren’t trading any of those veteran dudes til they at least see what happens when Zion is out there on the court with them.

The same ESPN that swore for months the Lakers had the Worst AD trade package?
The same ESPN who then claimed the Lakers got robbed in the Trade?
The Same ESPN that claimed Rob Pelinka didn't know the cap & therefore wouldn't even have the cap space to sign Kawhi?
The same ESPN who claimed that Kawhi never had interest despite Clippers officials literally saying they gave up so much in the PG trade, because THEY thought Kawhi was gonna sign with the Lakers if they didn't get it done?
The same ESPN who claimed the Lakers don't have good supporting players & don't have much outside of Bron/AD

This is the network that is on our side huh? lmaoo The Lakers get as much hate as they do support... it comes with the territory :lol:

I do love that the L.A Zunes fanbase is acting as if Laker fans are so pre occupied with they're team... meanwhile their teams first night debuting a new team & "plan"

Grit Over Glam, Street Lights Over Spotlights, Squad Over Self, L.A. Our Way.

This the NBA version of Microsoft trying to down Apple in their commercials instead of just hanging their hat on their product #Rentfree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom