THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was about 15 I coached a team of 7 year olds in Biddy Basketball. I did a pretty bad job. I basically just told the kid on the team who was good to do whatever he wanted and told everyone else to get out of his way or go for rebounds. But I don’t specifically recall any parents complaining, so mission accomplished. :lol: (I never coached again)

My little brother and his team (they kept the main core together for 4/5 years) were pretty good, their coach asked me to join him when I graduated hs/was done playing since I was doing my GE locally since I was always active at practices/helped with books at the games and I had a blast :lol:
Coach was kind of a huge functioning alcoholic though so I had to pull more weight than I probably should of at time (especially in the Vegas/Reno tournaments :lol: ) but it was a dope experience to do that for a couple years and the team was good and won some big tournaments so it was rewarding to be a part of it.

Nothing makes me laugh more than has-beens (former HS or college players, I guess I gotta watch out for dem aau coaches now too lmao) who think that their sports opinions are more valuable than others who didn't play. I guess using that logic their opinions outside of sports ain't worth ish since they haven't amounted to anything in life haha.

Last edited:
Nothing makes me laugh more than has-beens (former HS or college players, I guess I gotta watch out for dem aau coaches now too lmao) who think that their sports opinions are more valuable than others who didn't play.

Anyone who played/coached at a competitive level definitely sees the game differently if they continue to follow it as they age.

Nothing makes me laugh more than has-beens (former HS or college players, I guess I gotta watch out for dem aau coaches now too lmao) who think that their sports opinions are more valuable than others who didn't play. I guess using that logic their opinions outside of sports ain't worth ish since they have amounted to anything in life haha.

Wonder how the parents of this AAU coach's team would feel seeing what he's posted in here
Bet he ain't got the cajones to say it in real life in a black dominated sport where young black children probably help him win games/make him look better and are supposedly supposed to look up to him as a mentor. It's pretty sad actually.

Anyone who played/coached at a competitive level definitely sees the game differently if they continue to follow it as they age.

In some cases for sure. But it varies a lot by individual, in my experience. And what competitive level they actually got to makes a difference as well.

In some cases for sure. But it varies a lot by individual, in my experience. And what competitive level they actually got to makes a difference as well.

Definitely. In my experience, those who never played a game of HS/AAU or college basketball all have the same barbershop talks. Casual fans I'm saying. Not the nerds.

Its funny, sometimes I'll look back at old HS games or college practices and holy **** I had serious tunnel vision. Now i'm trending washed category, but basketball IQ on the court is 100x better. Kinda wish I understood the game as much as I do now combined with my 16-21 year old wiggle/quickness/athleticism/etc. I got Curry range though so still effective :lol:

Kuz paying homage to the 🐐

giphy.gif

Sure there's no denying that. What I don't like is how they come off holier than thou & not respeking diversity of opinions of others. How does one belittling another's opinion because he didn't play JUCO/Varsity/D2/etc like you??

Sure there's no denying that. What I don't like is how they come off holier than thou & not respeking diversity of opinions of others. How does one belittling another's opinion because he didn't play JUCO/Varsity/D2/etc like you??

Nah I agree, sometimes even the ex players dont know wtf they're talking about. No need to belittle someone due to some basketball takes though. Mainly talking about the casual ESPN/TNT only fans in general. I know plenty of nerds who are trash on the court, but definitely respect their basketball opinions. Works both ways.

Definitely. In my experience, those who never played a game of HS/AAU or college basketball all have the same barbershop talks. Casual fans I'm saying. Not the nerds.

Its funny, sometimes I'll look back at old HS games or college practices and holy **** I had serious tunnel vision. Now i'm trending washed category, but basketball IQ on the court is 100x better. Kinda wish I understood the game as much as I do now combined with my 16-21 year old wiggle/quickness/athleticism/etc. I got Curry range though so still effective :lol:

Feel you 100 percent on that. My peak feel for the game and basketball IQ came way after my athleticism had diminished significantly. Put my 30 year old brain in my 18 year old body and I might have been a legitimate problem. LOL.

When I was about 15 I coached a team of 7 year olds in Biddy Basketball. I did a pretty bad job. I basically just told the kid on the team who was good to do whatever he wanted and told everyone else to get out of his way or go for rebounds. But I don’t specifically recall any parents complaining, so mission accomplished. :lol: (I never coached again)

A friend asked me to be an assistant on a team of 13-year-olds. I was right out of college, and I knew I could help out with some things. He accidentally signed the team up for the top level of the age bracket, so this team got smoked every game by 30+. They had one decent player who could score at will, but everyone else was useless. A few games into the season, the head coach decided he was going to re-connect with his family roots...in Asia. So, he peaced out after three games.

I got guilt tripped into coaching the rest of the season. A head coach, I am not lol. I had two players quit on me because I dared to ask them to run a drill. The parents felt bad for me. I used my parks department connections to get group tickets to Sonics games, so all was forgiven lol. They got to see Iverson. Sure, it was in a Nuggets uniform, but those little ****s got to see AI thanks to me.

“If MJ knows something else and knows Horace’s motive, then tell us how Horace did it for my sake, because I’m your teammate brother, just like they are, and I’m kind of salty how everybody got interviewed but me,” Hodges said.

“How long ago did they do this and it’s coming out right now?” Hodges said. “Just the timing. It’s impeccable as a marketer. You got everybody sitting at the crib. You got the No. 1 icon in black America at a time when black people are dying in untold numbers. Why now? Why now? Somebody’s got to explain that to me.”

:lol:

Craig Hodges was allowed to compete in a three-point contest while he was out of the league. He had his moment of glory.

Can someone please hire Mark Jackson so I don't have to listen to him anymore.

Heard him on First Take this morning...It sounded like ESPN/SAS threw him a bone and gave him a platform to campaign about his impact of GSW, how he wants to come back and that he'll be back if it's in God's plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom