THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bron joining The Show is absolutely the driver of those favorite odds. I just think it’s funny because during the dark times of Lakers History last decade the running joke was about how they were going to sign all these free agents but struck out only to end up with Mozgov, Deng and a bunch of #2 picks to show for it. They finally ended up getting a star FA, handled the horrible contracts, ended up flipping their picks for AD and are back in the drivers seat. Just goes to show it’s different for some franchises/markets.

rob-289x300.png

the GOAT. In Rob We Trust.

they knew it wouldn’t end well
Bron was def the catalyst.

And AD. Majorly AD.

Yeah and that’s the point I’m getting at. I think the whole thing is impressive because not many franchises could pull that off (luring a top 3 player in free agency and flipping assets for a Top 5-10 guy. The Clippers performed a similar feat with Kawhi+PG13 but even they were a 50+ win team most of last decade (on pace for 50 in lockout season, 42 wins in 17-18 and 48 wins in 18-19). Lakers came from the mud quick. Any other bottom feeder in the league, like the Lakers were at the time, are done for 5-10 years after those Deng and Mozgov contracts.

Bruh...erase this. Your sarcasm is trash juice and you're coming off as just disrespectful and ugly. Go wash your face and rethink life.

Look at you fuming, FUMING because I can constantly come up with multiple historical examples of athletes making a difference BY playing, whereas you can come with zero arguments as to why not playing would make a difference. Your only argument for ending the season is that it would have 0% of LeBron winning his fourth championship. And I gotta admit, if you're an avid LeBron hater like yourself whose posts are directly or indirectly about hating LeBron 90% of the time, that's one compelling argument.

Look at you fuming, FUMING because I can constantly come up with multiple historical examples of athletes making a difference BY playing, whereas you can come with zero arguments as to why not playing would make a difference. Your only argument for ending the season is that it would have 0% of LeBron winning his fourth championship. And I gotta admit, if you're an avid LeBron hater like yourself whose posts are directly or indirectly about hating LeBron 90% of the time, that's one compelling argument.
You're so cringe. Block me.

Come up for air, man.

And be careful with the teeth. He doesn't like that.

Here's another black athlete who is remembered for sitting out:

16084112_303.jpg

Jesse Owens, Jackie Robinson, Tommie Smith, John Carlos, all the other black athletes who decided to perform and dominate... None of them have anything on all the black athletes who weren't there. They are the real heroes. They are the ones who are remembered for making a difference.

Last edited:

No one has said that they want the season canceled so that LeBron doesn’t win his fourth ring. It is has just been stated that would an effect of the cancellation. Do you not see the difference?

Most posters have stated that this is a complex issue and they see the validity of the either side. In this current moment, why is returning to play the primary option you entertain as a means to raise awareness? Why do you continually mention LeBron an his fourth ring in discussions about how NBA players can maintain the positive momentum of the movement?

Here's another black athlete who is remembered for sitting out:

16084112_303.jpg

Jesse Owens, Jackie Robinson, Tommie Smith, John Carlos, all the other black athletes who decided to perform and dominate... None of them have anything on all the black athletes who weren't there. They are the real heroes. They are the ones who are remembered.

You’re posting images from the past which is great. Those were undoubtedly significant contributions to the movement. However, you’re looking at the each of those moments in a vacuum and failing to recognize the varying situational aspects. Just because playing through social injustice and using participation in athletics was effective in the 40s, 50s, 60s, etc. doesn’t mean it’s the most effective method in 2020.

Athletes of today are fortunate to have other avenues they can explore to make an impact which is the heart of Kyrie’s message. The fact that simply starting the dialogue has triggered you and others is alarming.

Just when I thought you couldn’t get worse....you do it.

That's cool. Just like you probably don't think that it's possible for you to hate LeBron more than you currently do either. But if he wins a 4th championship in October, you'll be even more :angry: @ him than you are now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom