THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m honestly not sure what they can do or what the players are hoping/asking for. Also, keep in mind that July 30/31 is when they want to restart. Here are the key dates leading up to that.
  • June 15: International players return to markets
  • June 21: All players report
  • June 22: Coronavirus testing begins
  • June 30: Beginning of training camps
  • July 7: Travel to Orlando
  • July 30: Beginning of restarted 2019-20 season
Players are expected to report and begin testing a week from now. Training camp is supposed to start a week after that. But there’s still no concrete deal in place?!? The suggested timelines vs where they appear to be in negotiations seem to be very far off.
Damn ain’t even know the players supposed to be back this week basically...It would be telling if the international cats are back in a few days or not how serious they are bout starting up soon...If we still see skinny Jokic and Fat Luka in their countries chillin this week then we know what it is :lol:

Imo, a stronger move by him would be to cancel the season. And it's BECAUSE he's heavily favored to win, that the move would be so powerful. He is favored, no doubt about it. But if he were to say this is bigger than that, that'd be a loud statement. I think that decision would be less scrutinized that saying let's play regardless of the distraction to the protestors and regardless of what's happening in the world. I know what he says, but he can't actually do both, protesting and playing. You actually do have to pick a side in this situation.

Any NBA owners spoke up at all?

Besides Dolan saying a bunch of nothing.

Bron aint gonna do anything he hasnt already if he just didnt play. Nor do I expect him to do anything. We havent heard him on headlines about anything BLM.

Silver and NBPA and Owners probably working hard RN to some compromise where they play but also NBA takes some initiative in terms of social reform that pleases the disgruntled

$2B revenue loss if no season from what I’ve seen
nobody is going broke or starving if nba is coming back. billionaires and millionaires will be fine
this is bigger than the games like stephen jackson said, "now aint the time"

Shoutout to Solomon Hill for his take. I respect it. Being a free agent in the 2016 NBA offseason, gotta be the biggest lick, since *****s bought bitcoin early, and cashed in :lol:

98944F28-DE96-4CD8-AF08-A1DBB5702327.jpeg

“Label owners hate me, I'm raising the status quo up
I'm overcharging ****** for what they did to the Cold Crush
Pay us like you owe us for all the years that you ho’d us
We can talk, but money talks, so talk mo' bucks”

🔥🔥

28FEA571-E8F9-484F-BC88-E062A1516BE7.png

Bron aint gonna do anything he hasnt already if he just didnt play. Nor do I expect him to do anything. We havent heard him on headlines about anything BLM.

Which is why he's a part time activist. Sometimes activism, sometimes business man IMO. Sure he's done a lot in the community. But it's safe stuff like building a school. Or tweeting the president is a bum. Even the helping with voters, from what I read is supposed to take place mostly through social media.

Not even saying he could or should do more. But I'm saying, he does the safe activism. Avoiding saying stuff where you may turn off some fans to speak on a greater issue. None has been controversial. See his scolding of Daryl Morey to keep the Chinese money rolling in.

Again, not saying he could or should. I don't think it's fair that the responsibility falls on him. But when you speak on things, you take the baton. When you speak on some things and not others, it's noticeable.

I’m honestly not sure what they can do or what the players are hoping/asking for. Also, keep in mind that July 30/31 is when they want to restart. Here are the key dates leading up to that.
  • June 15: International players return to markets
  • June 21: All players report
  • June 22: Coronavirus testing begins
  • June 30: Beginning of training camps
  • July 7: Travel to Orlando
  • July 30: Beginning of restarted 2019-20 season
Players are expected to report and begin testing a week from now. Training camp is supposed to start a week after that. But there’s still no concrete deal in place?!? The suggested timelines vs where they appear to be in negotiations seem to be very far off.
Well damn you rig to it looking grim

Them agents committed fraud in 2016 :lol:. They went to the table, and successfully argued that Evan Turner and Allan Crabbe Are worth $18 Million dollars $USD a year to an NBA franchise :rofl:

Simmons has tried to bring back the atrocious GM Summit for years, but he knows it will kill his access. It's really too bad.

Allen Crabbe deal never made ANY sense...They were giving cats 16+ mil just to be warm bodies that summer :lol: :smh:

Was listening to Will Barton on a yahoo pod the other day. He was happy for them dudes....and got good relationships with Crabbe/Turner and other guys that cashed out, but he admittedly said he was SICK about the timing :lol:. .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom