**THEEE Official Washington ******** Offseason Thread** Throwbacks unveiled pg. 21...DreC. approves

Originally Posted by Deuce King

For as poorly as Shanahan has handled guys like McNabb/Haynesworth, I can't say I'm too disappointed in how they accumulated draft picks (not trading away) and had some quality low-key FA signings
Personally, I think no FA really wanted to come to DC given the way McNabb and Haynesworth were treated by Shanahan last year (be it right or wrong).  I think the Skins had no choice but to go the draft pick route this year at least.  Meaning, if you were a free agent this year with the way Shanahan was so critical of McNabb and Haynesworth and seeing how neither of those guys are really known as character issues on and off the field you would have to second guess the way they were treated by the coach during the season.

Umm...

GIFSoup

We could have did without doughty... He did make a couple plays on special teams I guess.
eyes.gif

Damn after reading that article from extreme skins I have a lil....just a lil hope that we maybe able to shock some ppl...but I'm prepared for a bad season

My only hope is we don't get blown out from anyone like last year from Vick and company
30t6p3b.gif

The brightside in the event we get blown out is that we only have 2 primetime games this season. 
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

So the late practice today started and the whole team is finally on the field, new signings and re-signed included...and on his first carry, Hightower fumbled per various twitter accounts. 
laugh.gif
grin.gif

RyanOHalloran
Hightower, Moss, Brown, Chester, Cofield, Bowen, Wilson, Doughty with 1s. #********
Also the fan says that Fred Davis came in as the starter...

Doughty with the 1's !?

That guy is terrible. He's Shanny's version of Affirmative Action

Originally Posted by flightman

Doughty with the 1's !?

That guy is terrible. He's Shanny's version of Affirmative Action

Well, Landry is out, so Doughty is just in there to replace him for now. 
It just shows how much Horton has fallen off since his Rookie year 
ohwell.gif

I'm not surprised the attendance is down at training camp. I used to go on the first day every year and get there early and everything, but why would I do that when I know the team isn't any good and I'm really not that excited about seeing any of the players?
laugh.gif
Like, yea I'm curious to see if John Beck is gonna be way better than I think, or really terrible, but I'm not gonna go out of my way to go to training camp to do that especially when I'm broke. Most years I went to training camp I was deluded and actually thought we'd be a good team or at least make the playoffs, or I wanted to get autographs. Now I'm at the age where I kinda would feel awkward trying to get somebody's autograph like that. Maybe I'm weird but it makes me feel like a little kid to aggressively seek another guy's signature
laugh.gif
Plus, whose autograph would I want on the Skins right now? The best I can think of is like Orakpo, maybe Fletcher.

It's all good though; I WANT the team to suck this year. I'm happy with the moves they've made to get rid of the over the hill guys and get under the salary cap. I know they're rebuilding and I'm honestly hoping that we compete in our games but still end up with the worst record in the league or that we trade into the #1 spot. So I'm kinda more excited to see other teams around the league and their new free agent additions than I am to see the onfield product of the Skins this year. Obviously if my assessment of the team is way off and Beck turns out to be really good or our young players really step up and we have a shockingly good season I'll be on board with that, but I am not gonna be happy with a 7-9 or 6-10 season.

Here is a fascinating yet useless question that i want answered.

WHY THE HELL CANT WE MOVE CHRIS COOLEY?

His trade value had to have been a 3rd round pick 2 years ago. I dont understand it, we didn't run a lot of 2 TE formations last year. And Fred Davis' progress is clearly being hindered with the presence of Cooley, who I fear is starting to break down physically anyways. And then we just drafted another TE last year. I don't get it.

Originally Posted by MaxElite

Here is a fascinating yet useless question that i want answered.

WHY THE HELL CANT WE MOVE CHRIS COOLEY?

His trade value had to have been a 3rd round pick 2 years ago. I dont understand it, we didn't run a lot of 2 TE formations last year. And Fred Davis' progress is clearly being hindered with the presence of Cooley, who I fear is starting to break down physically anyways. And then we just drafted another TE last year. I don't get it.
This is why the Pats are so good at what they do....they don't hold on to players for sentimental reasons like the Skins.  Fred Davis (at this point) is a better weapon at TE.  Yeah, I know Cooley gets his catches etc., but I honestly believe that Davis could do the same or BETTER if he got more PT.  I'm actually glad to hear that Davis is getting some burn w. the 1st unit.  Listening to L&D this afternoon, a caller got me so heated.  He was saying that the Skins can't start Davis over Cooley because the fans would be upset.  You know what?????  +$+* THE FANS!!!  Yea, I said it....this is about the future.  Cooley's window is closing (and should have been moved in 2010 or in 09) and if I was in charge, I would have explored trade options.  Maybe that's in the works, but it's time to start clean and give some of these younger guys a shot.  If Cooley was on the Pats, he would have been moved by the time he was 27-28 and gotten a pick in return. 

EXACTLY.

However, I dont think the FO is basing moves off what the fans want instead of what the team needs. Maybe the previous regime did that. But I dont think Shanahan is doing that. But, I dont know what theyre doing regarding Cooley honestly.

I think strides are being made but who knows exactly the result in the long run.

tsk,tsk,tsk...
@granthpaulsen
Grant Paulsen
WR roster hopefuls Malcolm Kelly and Brandon Banks are watching the 9 healthy players at their position practice. #********

@NFLSkins
Ed Sheahin
Watching D Stallworth run pass patterns. The man can cut out of breaks faster than anyone out here.

Mr. DC
From what I've seen Moss & Gaffney have consistently lined up with the 1s, Armstrong with the 2s & Hankerson/Austin rotating with 2s

Kelly is out with an injury...what exactly? Don't know and really, who cares...I'm cool if they cut him and go with Stallworth.

Originally Posted by TheGift23

tsk,tsk,tsk...
@granthpaulsen
Grant Paulsen
WR roster hopefuls Malcolm Kelly and Brandon Banks are watching the 9 healthy players at their position practice. #********

@NFLSkins
Ed Sheahin
Watching D Stallworth run pass patterns. The man can cut out of breaks faster than anyone out here.
Mr. DC
From what I've seen Moss & Gaffney have consistently lined up with the 1s, Armstrong with the 2s & Hankerson/Austin rotating with 2s

Kelly is out with an injury...what exactly? Don't know and really, who cares...I'm cool if they cut him and go with Stallworth.

The word is a sore foot. Cooley is out too. Injuries already coming into play. And is going to have a big hand and who makes the team and who doesn't...

Originally Posted by JAYFIEND

tsk,tsk,tsk...
@granthpaulsen
Grant Paulsen

@NFLSkins
Ed Sheahin
Mr. DC

The word is a sore foot. Cooley is out too. Injuries already coming into play. And is going to have a big hand and who makes the team and who doesn't...

There are gonna be some big-time injuries around the league this year....dudes didn't have access to team facilities for treatment etc. 

MK is as good as gone.  Dude can't catch a break. 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by JAYFIEND

tsk,tsk,tsk...

There are gonna be some big-time injuries around the league this year....dudes didn't have access to team facilities for treatment etc. 

MK is as good as gone.  Dude can't catch a break. 

Yea that's true. I think that's a big reason why Laron not back yet... If he was able to get treatment with the reams it probably would have speed things up...

lifelong fan, 2year season tix holder checking in....

LETS GO, i think we'll be a tough, grind it out kind of team

CB Josh Wilson is trying to convince LB Lofa Totupu to sign with the ********. Wilson and Totupu are good friends from their days with the Seattle Seahawks according to a story in The Washington Times.

Back
Top Bottom