**THEEE Official Washington ******** Offseason Thread** Throwbacks unveiled pg. 21...DreC. approves

So what happened to the consensus (at least on ES) that Gibbs 2.0 set the franchise up for future success, now that we're (or "they're") "rebuilding?" Is Zorn the scapegoat or was it just the emotions (for Gibbs) speaking?

Thoughts? Opinions?

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

So what happened to the consensus (at least on ES) that Gibbs 2.0 set the franchise up for future success, now that we're (or "they're") "rebuilding?" Is Zorn the scapegoat or was it just the emotions (for Gibbs) speaking?

Thoughts? Opinions?
Up until this year the philosophy was to bring in big-name FAs, players via trade, and DISREGARD draft picks.  !+@* always backfired.  100% of the blame falls on Dan Snyder and Vinny Cerrato, IMO.  Gibbs did the best he could with what he had to work with and that was 2 playoff appearances in 4 seasons.  For the expectations folks have here in DC, that wasn't good...nor was it bad.  We've ALWAYS had older rosters.  Gibbs 2.0 didn't set this team up for future success because of the lack of development of younger players and also the philosophy of trading away picks.  I don't blame Zorn one bit because he should have never been hired in the first place.  You can't win a Super Bowl by buying a ring.  We were offseason champs every year for a reason, but obviously that yielded little success.  Maybe Shanahan will get it right....but who knows.  This season is going to be rough, but I don't mind it one bit.  For once, it seems like there is an actual plan for how to shape this franchise.  The youth-movement is in, and I couldn't be happier.  It's only a matter of time before the Skins figure it out.  Just gotta be patient. 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

Thoughts? Opinions?
Up until this year the philosophy was to bring in big-name FAs, players via trade, and DISREGARD draft picks.  !%@$ always backfired.  100% of the blame falls on Dan Snyder and Vinny Cerrato, IMO.  Gibbs did the best he could with what he had to work with and that was 2 playoff appearances in 4 seasons.  For the expectations folks have here in DC, that wasn't good...nor was it bad.  We've ALWAYS had older rosters.  Gibbs 2.0 didn't set this team up for future success because of the lack of development of younger players and also the philosophy of trading away picks.  I don't blame Zorn one bit because he should have never been hired in the first place.  You can't win a Super Bowl by buying a ring.  We were offseason champs every year for a reason, but obviously that yielded little success.  Maybe Shanahan will get it right....but who knows.  This season is going to be rough, but I don't mind it one bit.  For once, it seems like there is an actual plan for how to shape this franchise.  The youth-movement is in, and I couldn't be happier.  It's only a matter of time before the Skins figure it out.  Just gotta be patient. 

I hope you are right man. I don't know how my health will hold up this season. My football team shouldn't ruin my sundays dammit.
tired.gif

Now Im born and raised in the city, I have seen everything from Hogs to Grossman...

Let me tell you the Skins are REALLY gonna suck this year.

Not only because we have no playmakers on offense.

Not only because we're playing the wrong defense.

Not only because we have no chemistry from the front office down.

Not only because everybody in the division will be better than us.

But most importantly, because Coach Shanahan has lost the trust and respect from everyone on the team!

After everything that happened last year, nobody wants to play hard for Shanahan. He has shown that he does not care about any of the players and everyone is expendable. He has disrespected everyone on the team, letting go of our best players, and the ones he re-signed, brought in multiple players at the same position. No one will go to war with a Coach like that in December. Everyone is not playing for their team, they are playing for themselves or whomever they will play for next year. This year will be worse than last. Don't be surprised if they do worse than 4-12. I am letting you know now before you see it for yourselves in December. This team is one of the worse Skins teams in a long time, and it starts with the Coach. There is a reason why he got kicked out of Denver after 15 years.

Originally Posted by illwill24

Now Im born and raised in the city, I have seen everything from Hogs to Grossman...

But most importantly, because Coach Shanahan has lost the trust and respect from everyone on the team!

After everything that happened last year, nobody wants to play hard for Shanahan. He has shown that he does not care about any of the players and everyone is expendable. He has disrespected everyone on the team, letting go of our best players, and the ones he re-signed, brought in multiple players at the same position. No one will go to war with a Coach like that in December. Everyone is not playing for their team, they are playing for themselves or whomever they will play for next year. This year will be worse than last. Don't be surprised if they do worse than 4-12. I am letting you know now before you see it for yourselves in December. This team is one of the worse Skins teams in a long time, and it starts with the Coach. There is a reason why he got kicked out of Denver after 15 years.

Who are these "best players" that he let go? I think he is doing things right. Everybody wants to point out has he treated Albert but don't bring up the fact that Albert fat @## was laying down own plays. And Donovan was throwing balls at wide open players feet. I'm not hurt that either one is gone.If you don't do your job you should be expendable. That is how things should be ran.

McNabb...Carlos Rogers...and say what you want about Haynesworth when Skins ran 4-3 both our DEs were pro bowlers. Chris Cooley a blocking tight end...

I mean if you think Grossman and Beck throwing to one of the 13 receivers is the answer then to each his own

Originally Posted by illwill24

And you know this, how? 

McNabb NEEDED to go. It's a trade you make 10x outta 10 in retrospect, but both sides refused to make it work.

Haynesworth is a cancer. I'm sure he's gonna ball out in NE, but that FA signing should have NEVER happened.

Carlos Rogers....he's a good CB, but he can't catch.

Too many of those over the years....seen more than enough from him where he could have iced a game, but dropped the ball. You wanna pay him top dollar? Nah....Josh Wilson > Los. I'm cool w. D.Hall/Wilson/Barnes/Buchanon as the CBs next year

As far as Cooley...blocking TE? Huh? He had 77 catches...I do think he should be moved ASAP while he still has value. I'd like to see Fred Davis get the starting nod because he has youth on his side and I think he could come close or go over the #'s Cooley put up last year.

In THIS system, Grossman > McNabb > Beck. We'll live/die with the Grossman/Beck combo for this year, and I'm cool w. it. This team is going to have its ups and downs and truthfully, NO ONE is expecting much from the squad. All I want to see is the young guys develop and this team built the RIGHT way....stay away from the flashy FA signings, giving away draft picks etc.....I'm pretty sure we'll have a top-10 pick next year, so we can look at guys like Luck/Barkley/Jones/etc as the franchise QB to build around.

ascdkhasjf
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Carlos. Tell me why I saw the "Up next" video was "Carlos Rogers 53 yard interception return for a TD" and eagerly clicked on it. Shoulda known it would be from a video game
laugh.gif

One of the very few times I truly believe that I could do a better job out there than the professional athlete could. I definitely wouldn't be able to do anything else that he does as a corner
laugh.gif
, but I feel like if you put any grown man in the spot to catch the ball that many times he's gonna get more of them than 'Los did or else he should be embarrassed.
laugh.gif

I am interested to see our RBs and how the Rookie from nebraska Helu looks.

Other then that....i hope we just have a decent showing.

I'm ready! ******* football! 
pimp.gif
a9b35efee3ba93ab8b70ea778552004e3aa4663.gif
a9b35efee3ba93ab8b70ea778552004e3aa4663.gif

PS : I'm fine trading CC, but I would like a draft pick and a player (not WR) in return.

Too late Evans to the Ravens...

But I can honestly say I like what Shanahan did got rid of the old and brought it the new...McNabb wasn't gonna do anything with us and Haynesworth was the biggest FA bust in history so they parted ways *shrugs*

Originally Posted by retro330

Were gonna win at the minimun 8 games.
I agree. Looking at the schedule there are a lot of winnable games. And out of the 6 divisional games we will win at least 3...

Whose their QB again? Man this franchise like the 49ers just ain't doing so well like those days.

Is portis still around?

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

Whose their QB again? Man this franchise like the 49ers just ain't doing so well like those days.

Is portis still around?

Put it this way....as of right now, Josh Portis is the only Portis in the league. 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

Is portis still around?

Put it this way....as of right now, Josh Portis is the only Portis in the league. 
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Did not think it would end that way...

Back
Top Bottom