There will be Finish Lines inside Macy's stores.

Macy's opening Finish Line shops in 450 department stores
Business Courier
Date: Friday, September 28, 2012, 11:38am EDT
Enlarge Image

More than 450 Macy's department stores will have Finish Line athletic footwear shops by fall 2014.

Sponsored Links
Launch Your Business Idea Successfully
Learn to Research, Finance & Market your Entrepreneurial Idea with a MS Degree!
www.fullsailuniversity.com
Intel[emoji]174[/emoji] Cloud Computing
Learn How to Deploy, Maintain & Optimize Cloud Infrastructure. Learn More Today!
Intel.com/CloudComputing
Get Listed Here
Macy’s Inc. will open Finish Line-branded athletic footwear shops in more than 450 Macy’s department stores in the U.S. and online at macys.com. The deal is expected to result in additional sales to Finish Line of $250 million to $350 million annually.
The leased departments, which will be operated by Finish Line Inc., will start opening in spring 2013 with completion expected by fall 2014. For about 225 other Macy’s stores that carry footwear, Finish Line will manage the athletic footwear assortment and inventory starting in spring 2013.
Macy’s (NYSE: M) will be the exclusive host for Finish Line-branded in-store shops and Finish Line will be Macy’s exclusive partner for men’s, women’s and children’s athletic footwear.
“Finish Line is a widely recognized expert in athletic footwear for men, women, and kids including the best brands, newest technology and most current styles. We believe the enhanced footwear assortment they will bring to our customers at every full-line Macy’s store nationwide, as well as on macys.com, complements our rapidly developing offering of activewear merchandise,” Jeff Gennette, Macy’s chief merchandising officer, said in a news release.
Some Cincinnati stores will be among the 450 where Finish Line departments are added, according to a Macy’s spokesman, but the store list has not be finalized yet.
Cincinnati-based Macy’s operates about 840 department stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico under the names of Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s, as well as the macys.com and bloomingdales.com websites. The company also operates 11 Bloomingdale’s Outlet stores.
http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2012/09/28/macys-opening-finish-line-shops-in.html

CLIFFNOTE: There's gonna be Finish Lines that will take up a section of Macy's shoe departments that will carry retros and stuff; at malls that don't already have Finish Lines, of course. Similar to how you walk past JCPenney's makeup department, and there's a Sephora in there.
The first store that comes to my mind: Downtown Seattle.

Last edited:
no idea how this is gonna generate money for finishline if its going to take away from their own stores

Macys usually have crappy shoes, usually just the crappiest Nike shoes they make so maybe Macys is paying them Finishline to provide them with their stock and in then end help each other out with sales? Macys reaches the younger demographics that doesn't usually go to Macys for shoes and Finishline gets the older crowd that shops at Macys but doesn't really enter shoe stores?

It really is about the traffic in the store and the number of possible customers. This joint venture might help both get more customers that they do not attract by themselves.

Plus there are giant Macys' that are their own store. Isn't the giant Macys in NY all by itself like Barneys?

Last edited:
From what I hear, I believe that Macy's will be renting out a section of their shoe department for Finish Line to use.

PG Plaza in the DMV doesn't have a Finishline, there are like there are like 10 stores in that mall that sell sneakers but no Finishline.

Nearly every mall I've been to has a Finish Line.

pretty much

what mall doesnt have a finishline? :lol:

the mall i usually go to didn't have a finish line, then when I went there yesterday, they had a brand new finish line on the second floor. I haven't been to that mall in months though so It was probably there for a couple months now.

Will I be able to ring my sneakers up in the cologne section?

Can I bogo a new suit and get Jordans for free?

Now even more maniac's will camp, knowing they'll be cozy indoors.
Got dibs in the mattress dept.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom