These Popeye's commercials....vol. Annie the Chicken Queen

yall know who I'm talking about....

anniethechickenqueen.jpg

These commercials always bothered me....but they took it to a whole new level in the most recent ad, where they have her dancing at a picnic waving some drumsticks in the air...

c'mon Popeye's
30t6p3b.gif

yall know who I'm talking about....

anniethechickenqueen.jpg

These commercials always bothered me....but they took it to a whole new level in the most recent ad, where they have her dancing at a picnic waving some drumsticks in the air...

c'mon Popeye's
30t6p3b.gif

If she doesn't do the ad, someone else will. Whatever black actors need to do to get on, they'll do for the most part even if they perpetuate negative stereotypes.

I shake my head every time I see these commercials.

If she doesn't do the ad, someone else will. Whatever black actors need to do to get on, they'll do for the most part even if they perpetuate negative stereotypes.

Originally Posted by Furrell

I wouldnt say the problem so much is the actors, but whoever is coming up with these commercials

always wondered if black people get uncomfortable when they see commercials like that.

always wondered if black people get uncomfortable when they see commercials like that.

Originally Posted by Furrell

I wouldnt say the problem so much is the actors, but whoever is coming up with these commercials

As per request...

tumblr_lhvcmod4ol1qdyty7.gif

But yeah, this %%+! is getting out of hand. I'm just waiting on the day that they introduce the Watermelon Juice thirstbuster. You know it's come up at a board meeting...

As per request...

tumblr_lhvcmod4ol1qdyty7.gif

But yeah, this %%+! is getting out of hand. I'm just waiting on the day that they introduce the Watermelon Juice thirstbuster. You know it's come up at a board meeting...

chicken-annie-590.jpg

I Know Annie the Chicken Queen holdin that Mass, all that Fried Chicken and Shrimp.

I'd Smash Raw.
ohwell.gif

chicken-annie-590.jpg

I Know Annie the Chicken Queen holdin that Mass, all that Fried Chicken and Shrimp.

I'd Smash Raw.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Cfranchise26

chicken-annie-590.jpg

I'd Smash Raw.
ohwell.gif
sick.gif
She looks like Corey Maggette

Originally Posted by Cfranchise26

chicken-annie-590.jpg

I'd Smash Raw.
ohwell.gif
sick.gif
She looks like Corey Maggette

been smh at these for a good min now... remember when they had her actually lookin like she worked at popeyes when these first started...no makeup or nutin lol

been smh at these for a good min now... remember when they had her actually lookin like she worked at popeyes when these first started...no makeup or nutin lol

Back
Top Bottom