!!***Thieves Grab $100K Worth Of iPhone 5's!!!** Keep a eye on craigslist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMEI/ESN will get blocked. Thieves should just saves themselves the trouble and sell them internationally.

no they wont. apple does not allow any stores or biz to get invloved nor can or will they block imei/esn and regardless they can use a sim card if it get blocks

I have a feeling they bit off more than they could chew. Once they find the missing SKUs and those phones get turned on, its a wrap...then again, they'd have to retrieve individual phones.

The "find my iphone" wouldn't be activated because the accounts wouldn't be set up...maybe then did make off cleanly. 

Nope something this big? All those IMEI of the phones are in the est buy system, iPads as well.

They'll get caught eventually.

Doesn't matter if they sell them... I doubt they're keeping these for themselves. they were smart enough to be in n out on the break in, they'll be smart enough to sell them without a trace back to them.

Store manager was in on the heist.  Do I still do a meet up tomorrow with a Craiglist poster? 
laugh.gif

3 minutes? they knew exactly where to get it, definitely and inside job.

not as smooth as those other kids who bricked the window and copped iphones, mbps, ipods, and ipads in new jersey

them cats in houston trying to Mission Impossible into the Champs need to take notes from these guys...

thieving from the man...

:pimp: :pimp:

IMEI/ESN will get blocked. Thieves should just saves themselves the trouble and sell them internationally.

bad ESN still sell for a good amount and a lot just like a normal phone, especially if its a iphone 5. they can still be jailbroken and unlocked for tmobile and what not

FS: Iphone 5, just picked up :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

I have a big feeling they'll slip up selling a huge load all at once :lol:

way too many people involved. They better have a good avenue and get rid of them through one channel only.

Because if not and they just split the phones up between 8 people....well once the first person gets pinched, it's a wrap for everybody.

There gonna be some happy people in Never Heard Of Ya, Tennessee.

I remember a similar situation happened to someone that knows someone who happened to know 30 other people who happened to know me and they were able to get a iPad on the low low. :evil:

This was so clean that I'd be willing to bet they already sold the entire stolen inventory to one overseas buyer. One heist, one transaction, clean.

A few sales floor employees with 5 figures under the floorboards, including the store manager that was behind it all.

Last edited:
This was so clean that I'd be willing to bet they already sold the entire stolen inventory to one overseas buyer. 
You sincerely overestimate the intelligence and connections of one or two nefarious best buy employees and a handful of their boys.  This was a crime of inside knowledge and opportunity.  That's it.  These dudes aren't master thieves.

Dudes probably still have the boxes lying in somebody's living room right now.

Back
Top Bottom