Thinking of buying a 2seater car vol problems?

Well right now i own a 2000 Bmw 323i.
Im planning to upgrade my car in Jan-Feb.

So before i was planing to get a 330ci 04 model.But as i looked i found i could afford a 350z or s2000 and ive always had a week spot in my heart for a truesports car.

Now my question for you guys on NT who own a 2 seater what problems do you have not having a back seat?have you guys had issues whencarrying more than 1 passenger, or how do you guys deal with it. or opinions?

Background info on me 19 in college and most of my friends dont drive.Only time i have people in my car is on weekends.But majority of the time its just me andmaybe one other person.

So any insight would help I'm not buying a new car til Jan or feb and no i cant afford a 335i the insurance alone would kill me no baller status
laugh.gif

also anyone with a 350z feel free to tell me about the car more.

most of your friends dont drive? so why you gettin a 2 seater? hella inconsiderate
laugh.gif
smh.gif

and you only 19.. not 45
grin.gif

my boy got a 350z, he said there was a mean blind spot on it. that's just what i heard. you in college thinking about getting a two seater? you should slapyourself and deduct 5 cool points. what are you gonna do, strap your boys to the roof?
smh.gif

Originally Posted by SEMLOH M

most of your friends dont drive? so why you gettin a 2 seater? hella inconsiderate
laugh.gif
smh.gif

and you only 19.. not 45
grin.gif

Well most do drive just alot of them dont have their own car yet.Alot of them just started working not like me been working since 16 so.

But reason i want i kinda want a 2 seater too is I'm tired of having to give rides to people after we leave a party at 4am. It $%^&$ by the time imheading home with the girl shes falling asleep
eyes.gif
tired.gif

maybe i should just look into the g35 or back to the 330ci.

^ You just answered you're own question when it came to having a 2 seater. That's the great thing about having one, not being able to offer rides toothers. Pretty much your valid excuse not to offer rides. Look into a 350z or a G35, but also keep in mind the insurance. It's a tough call between the twoNissans and the S2k. I know at the time, I was looking at the S2k and a 350z but the insurance was going to kill me. Both were along the same line when it cameto insurance, so best research on that issue.

also anyone with a 350z feel free to tell me about the car more.
i drive a 350z. blast to drive. yes it does have a blind spot but that will really only affect you if u suck at driving. I dont know about thefriend thing because most of my friends have cars. When i bought mine i was comparing it to a g35 coupe. i came really close to buying the the g35 but in theend i got the z because i always wanted a two-seater. I dont know where your from, but i'm from the bay area. There are alot of z's here and i stillget looks and compliments on my car. i drive an 06 but from what i hear the 07's have even more power plus there is the nismo edition.

also a good place for research is my350z.com it should answer any questions that i didnt.

lol dudes in here are calling him inconsiderate because he wants to get a car for himself and his girl, not for his boys. Stop freeloading rides.

I've had 6 different cars, each of which has been a 2 seater (well one has a small backseat that was removed for goodies). I've never had a problemwith it at school. If it's something where a group of people need to go, usually someone else can drive without a problem. It's also nice to not haveto worry about people monkeying around in the backseat. I doubt you would regert getting one.

Both the S and Z have similar, pretty expensive insurance, so that can't be helped. But......

If you want a choice of auto or 6spd, raw power, pretty good trunk size and cabin, option of power seats, option of HID's, option of leather, and morerefined features, go with the Z.

If you want a 6spd, high-reving, soft-top convertible, digital gauges, stock HID's, small and tight cabin, push button start, slick short-throw shifter,great handling, better gas mileage, a VERY reliable car, go with the S.

Only thing I dislike about the Z is the various trims....base, enthusiast, track, touring, grand touring and now the nismo version.
Touring and GT come with the power seats, leather and HID's though. Track has brembos. Base and enthusiast are crap imo. Only notable ifference is thatenthusiast has Viscous LSD, while touring and gt have that and more.

Don't get any chics pregnant.

You'll have to trade it in for a mini van or four seater for the baby seat.

Unless of course you abandon her with your kid..but you don't want to be a DEAD BEAT DAD do you???
smh.gif

Originally Posted by SEMLOH M

laugh.gif
smh.gif

and you only 19.. not 45
grin.gif
remember, you're getting a car for you. I never realized how much I was asked for rides when I owned my truck. Sometimes, I wished they couldmake an affordable one seater car.

At the end of the day, whether not having a backseat being a pain is something only you can answer based on your needs. Yes it will be incoveinient, but youlllive with it, depends whether its likely to bother you greatly. Id go for it, S2000 and 350Z are both dope cars.

at that age man, go for a regular car. when you and ur friends wanna go hang out, it would look really weird with 4 guys smashed into one front seat. lol.

Not to threadjack.......but can anyone give me a little insight on the last gen Mercedes CL?

Im really close to buying an 03/04 CL500. Ive read nothing but good reviews but some info from personal experience would be nice.

im a SR in HS and i drive a 2-seater and its the best because EVERYONE asks you for rides but i always got an excuse plus i drive my little sister home too soyeah...its nice too cause girls love 2 seaters cause its BALLIN ahahah

i say get an S2000....its a fun nice little car to drive..

i would trade my mustang for a two seater and i love my mustang!! i hate having to give everyone a ride all the time. especially since my back seat is so smalland its usually big basketball players that want a ride:smh:

i was in your same position. i'm 19 and in college and i wanted to buy a MR2. your insurance will be through the roof, and bein in college, you'll haveno room in your car for anything. don't do it.

Originally Posted by RedMan

You're buying the car for yourself not for your friends.
exactly. What the hell are all these people who are saying "what bout your friends?" thinking? So whenever someone buys a car, you have tothink about giving your friends a ride? get outta here

dont worry bout the blind spots. It doesnt really affect you

get the car that you can afford. the 350z is righteous. and you not a soccer mom don't worry about driving other people around. those people not gonna bearound when its time to pay the note or the insurance. do you homeboy

Back
Top Bottom