This $100 Million ATM receipt will make you hate yourself.

laugh.gif
why would this make anyone hate themselves?

Originally Posted by jordanhendrix

@polo lax, its DAVID TEPPER, dude runs a hedge fund!
and why would he take out 100 mil at any time?
why are you assuming thats all the money he has?

he needs a place to store SOME of his cash homie, plus you can pay for the money to be insured past 250k

You need to do more brain work, youre not a hater, youre just simple.
One. It's not David Tepper, as he stated that wasn't his.

Secondly, if you run a hedge fund, you're most likely financially savy, and to put $100 million in a Savings account is not being financially savy, you could make way more money with that 100 mill than having it sit in a savings account. There is never a time when you need $100 mill cash, never.

Also  I never once assumed that was all his money so I don't know why you stated that.

And to your comment about he needs a place to store his cash, you don't store 100 mill in a savings account, it's honestly worthless. You can have billions of dollars, doesn't mean you take 100 mill and put it into a bank account.

I did my brain work, now it's time for you to do yours.

he needs a place to store SOME of his cash homie, plus you can pay for the money to be insured past 250k

Secondly, if you run a hedge fund, you're most likely financially savy, and to put $100 million in a Savings account is not being financially savy, you could make way more money with that 100 mill than having it sit in a savings account. There is never a time when you need $100 mill cash, never.

Also  I never once assumed that was all his money so I don't know why you stated that.

And to your comment about he needs a place to store his cash, you don't store 100 mill in a savings account, it's honestly worthless. You can have billions of dollars, doesn't mean you take 100 mill and put it into a bank account.

Originally Posted by PoloLax

where should someone put the money than?

where do you think rich people keep their CASH?

Why are you assuming he doesnt ever need access to that amount of cash, what if he wants to buy two mansions in the Hamptons? you think hes gonna take a loan or sell off stock to do it?
laugh.gif

Rich people keep cash on hand, they put in safe places and insure it. 

100mil at 1% = 1 million a year, no one would call that worthless, def not the best way to grow the money but if you got 3.4Billion working hard somewhere else its not unreasonable to keep a % of your net worth liquid. That does make sense to you right?

Why are you assuming he doesnt ever need access to that amount of cash, what if he wants to buy two mansions in the Hamptons? you think hes gonna take a loan or sell off stock to do it?
laugh.gif

100mil at 1% = 1 million a year, no one would call that worthless, def not the best way to grow the money but if you got 3.4Billion working hard somewhere else its not unreasonable to keep a % of your net worth liquid. That does make sense to you right?

laugh.gif

let it go, you're losing this one/already lost this one.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kiendienn

laugh.gif

get a life dude and learn about finance while youre at it
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

get a life dude and learn about finance while youre at it
roll.gif
roll.gif

So you financial experts ...

Where the hell do you keep a 100 million at? ..

nerd.gif

So you financial experts ...

Where the hell do you keep a 100 million at? ..

nerd.gif

laugh.gif

That's not necessarily a savings account. It's most likely some type of brokerage account linked with an ATM card. 
Just because Tepper denied it doesn't mean it's not Tepper. If I was him, I'd deny it too. There's no upside to admitting this. Especially in today's environment.  

If that's one of his personal accounts then 3% of his net worth in some type of brokerage account is not out of the question.  It could also be one of the accounts of his hedge fund. 

Back
Top Bottom