How Sway?!?!

All of that for less than a grand would be a steal :lol: :wow:
Eurostar to Brussels + train to Bruges - £106 + £32 Airbnb

London Gatwick to Copenhagen - £26 return :lol: + Hotel - £52 for the night

London Luton to Porto -£ 80 - Airbnb - £59

Total - £355

Smashed it.

What a joke that four teams of the Serie A will be allowed to play in the CL 
Meh, England have been embarrassing in European competition for the past 4 years, I can't say anything.

It's okay, Leicester will lift that coefficient with a run to the semis, before going out to eventual winners Juventus

^^

They changed the coefficient thing now its no longer a league coefficient but an individual one essentially.
  • A new system for the club coefficients: clubs will be judged on their own records (deletion of the country share for individual club coefficient unless that coefficient is lower than 20% of the association's coefficient).
  • Historical success in the competition will also be acknowledged in coefficient calculation (points for previous European titles with a weighted system for UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League titles)
The second part is really 
mean.gif
 to me. But even with this change the top leagues get 4 spots into the group stages automatically so it's obvious what want this competition to become.

Last edited:
I was under the impression that Fonte was only an option if Rojo/Jones were sold. Hoping for both :lol:. The squad should be good though until the Afcon and once it begins,Mou could just dip into the winter market. Still holding out hope that the Fabinho rumors come to fruition,him and Shaw on both flanks would be a dream. Darmian can provide adequate cover at LB.

the likes of Vidic are hard to come by nowadays...plus,clubs are less likely to let go of their players halfway into the season...
I hear you though, if they're not getting anyone then I don't expect any of the players to leave...

anyway, just caught up with the UEL draw...
RvP should get a warm welcome from two of his former clubs...

View media item 2145193
View media item 2145194
UEL 2016-17 Group Stages:

View media item 2145202

Lol, okay.
Could you name 4 Italian teams that deserve to play CL this year? 

This whole new system makes the entire 5-year-assessment complete ridiculous. They killed the entire competition between the best leagues to reach 4 berths for the CL.

What do you think how teams outside of the top four leagues will feel about this?

It's called Champions League for a reason. The new system is more like a "Super-league", they should call it "money-league", because that is what the rule change is about 

The UEFA should have done something for the smaller leagues, e.g in the Netherlands, Scotland, Croatia etc. instead. CL teams from those countries should get more of the earnings from the CL, so that they can improve, get more attractive, more sponsors and grow. At one point those teams would be able to compete with the other teams in the CL again and not help Ronaldo to score more and more goals. 

Until now smaller clubs were not able to compete with top clubs anymore and what does the UEFA? They improve this problem dramatically.

Rich leagues will get richer and the smaller leagues will become even more irrelevant.

If you would look at principles of the UEFA on their homepage and see what this organization stands for originally, this new system is just a joke.

I was under the impression that Fonte was only an option if Rojo/Jones were sold. Hoping for both :lol:. The squad should be good though until the Afcon and once it begins,Mou could just dip into the winter market. Still holding out hope that the Fabinho rumors come to fruition,him and Shaw on both flanks would be a dream. Darmian can provide adequate cover at LB.

the likes of Vidic are hard to come by nowadays...plus,clubs are less likely to let go of their players halfway into the season...
I hear you though, if they're not getting anyone then I don't expect any of the players to leave...

I don't think the club is in the market for a Vidic type though,Smalldini and Bailly are more than solid and Blind has proved himself to be pretty reliable. Reliable enough to become a mainstay even under new management.

They're in the market for a good backup. Fonte wasn't really a Vidic type,just a solid and experienced option to come off the bench or step in during injuries.

If nothing changes over the last week of the window as Mou's hinted,this is still a pretty deep squad tbh

View media item 2145218
*You can add Timbo to that :lol:,he got left out for some reason :smh:

Last edited:
looks like Jose Fonte's happy to stay at Soton...I was hoping Utd could get him...
they're certain to miss Bailly to the African Cup of Nations in January and if rumours of Rojo and/or Jones leaving the club turns out to be true, then Utd could be a little short on defensive cover during that period...

i'm happy we aren't after fonte, 32 going on 33, minimum three year deal for him. Rather we save the money and go after Virgil Van Dijk before Pool gets him. Not worried about AFCON. Blind rarely gets hurt, if he does and Rojo/Jones unfit, we have the best worst case scenario in Williams and Tuanzebe.

i'm happy we aren't after fonte, 32 going on 33, minimum three year deal for him. Rather we save the money and go after Virgil Van Dijk before Pool gets him. Not worried about AFCON. Blind rarely gets hurt, if he does and Rojo/Jones unfit, we have the best worst case scenario in Williams and Tuanzebe.
We have a great business relationship with Southhampton so its more likely that we would get than United. Plus you guys prefer the big money front cover signings whereas we like the quiet right under your nose types.

Last edited:
Boufal will be a 'Pool play in a few years :lol:

Inter closing out the window with a bang :smokin

@Inter: It landed @gabigol, also coming to Milan #JoaoMario #ForzaInter #FCIM

In other news

@SquawkaNews:
OFFICIAL: Andreas Pereira will join Granada from Manchester United on a season-long loan.

Good move for his career,better getting regular playing time in La Liga than continue wrecking the U-21's :lol:

Last edited:

'cos he's not a meathead like Jones... :lol:

who is that Williams kid you're talking about? I know Tuanzebe is a good young prospect, much like Fosu-Mensah...

The reported figures...

@SkyKaveh: Inter Milan announce they are signing Sporting Lisbon midfielder Joao Mario (€45m) and Santos striker Gabriel "Gabigol" Barbosa (€25m)

After these 2 additions along with Candreva and Banega,De Boer has a pretty decent squad to work with all of a sudden...:nerd:

Last edited:
Sevilla signed Sirigu on a loan. Thought he might move back to the Serie A.

I like the NT kit, but I'd like the red to be more a true red a la "University Red".

Looks like Barca has loaned out Sergi Samper to Granada with specific provisions in the loan deal that he has to play regularly right down to specific minutes in the agreement. Glad he's going to play for Paco Jemez.

Douglas is being loaned out to Gijon. Barca were so desperate to get rid of him they're paying his entire wages. This was the stupidest signing from the rosell era.

I'm glad Samper is being loaned out & not sold. Can't wait to see him play more.

Man, I hope those Inter transfer rumors are true...

Ro- That shirt is awesome!!!! I would actually get that shirt for my son. How can one get that???

Glad you Gooners finally got that defensive signing,the situation around the club was getting toxic :x

7bo_Xn1_V.gif

:tongue:

Man, I hope those Inter transfer rumors are true...

Ro- That shirt is awesome!!!! I would actually get that shirt for my son. How can one get that???

:rofl:

I'm not too sure,Iirc they got that at the team store but you might be able to order at the online store. I've had friends order custom kits before

Last edited:
The reported figures...
After these 2 additions along with Candreva and Banega,De Boer has a pretty decent squad to work with all of a sudden...:nerd:

De Boer got his fingers on the panic button since they lost 2-0 to Chievo on the opening day...
good squad on paper, but I think it's gonna take a bit of time for all those new players to gel on the field...

^ That Inter squad really doesn't look good on paper though. Not to me. That's why I was so dead set against de Boer going there. I dvr'd that game & watched it a couple of days later. It's amazing how poor Inter looked against Chievo no less.

I like Joao Mario, but not too impressed with what I've seen from Gabigol. I was excited to see him play at the Olympics but I felt like Ralphie in A Christmas Story after he decoded the Ovaltine message. I was like really? Dis it? He's 19 so hopefully he develops more.

Speaking of young Barca pivots, remember the name Jandro Orellana... He plays for the U16s (Cadet A).

Check out the pass he drops at 2.07... It's a thing of beauty...

Last edited:
Can we make this reality?View media item 2080779

I like the NT kit, but I'd like the red to be more a true red a la "University Red".
FLASH-LS-10-TOP-EL-725868_011_E_PREM.jpg

The one on nike.com is university red and has a red stripe on the side. The first concept photo is a darker red for photoshop reasons. It's $100, but if we could get swoosh.com prices and a way to do crests, sponsors, and numbers it might be feasible for less than $150
@Methodical Management
What say you?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom