This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I'd love to have that kits

NBC Sports Soccer Verified account  ‏@NBCSportsSoccer · 29m29 minutes ago
Les Bleus to Red Devils: Thierry Henry to work with Roberto Martinez, named assistant #Belgium coach

Inter Milan is piss poor on the road.

If Sassuolo had the funds like inter or Milan then sassuolo would be a top three team in Serie A.

Could you name 4 Italian teams that deserve to play CL this year? 

This whole new system makes the entire 5-year-assessment complete ridiculous. They killed the entire competition between the best leagues to reach 4 berths for the CL.
What do you think how teams outside of the top four leagues will feel about this?

It's called Champions League for a reason. The new system is more like a "Super-league", they should call it "money-league", because that is what the rule change is about 

Lol okay.

Pigs
Roma
Napoli
Either Milan team and or Fiorentina.

Inter Milan is piss poor on the road.

If Sassuolo had the funds like inter or Milan then sassuolo would be a top three team in Serie A.

I feel the same about Torino, they have a couple players from time to time that have quality. Unfortunately, they always sell.

Shalke's quietly been having an impressive window

@SquawkaNews: Schalke signings 2016/17:

Breel Embolo (£19m)
Benjamin Stambouli (£7.2m)
Coke (£3.4m)
Naldo (free)
Nabil Bentaleb (loan)
Baba Rahman (loan)

Last edited:
Only thing I want this Eroupa league to do is match up MU and Roma. This way Mou sees Radja and signs him.

I don't know about that but the Bdl should be a lot more competitive this season. It's gonna be exciting for sure :smokin

Last edited:
I like the NT kit, but I'd like the red to be more a true red a la "University Red".

Looks like Barca has loaned out Sergi Samper to Granada with specific provisions in the loan deal that he has to play regularly right down to specific minutes in the agreement. Glad he's going to play for Paco Jemez.

Douglas is being loaned out to Gijon. Barca were so desperate to get rid of him they're paying his entire wages. This was the stupidest signing from the rosell era.

I'm glad Samper is being loaned out & not sold. Can't wait to see him play more.

Granada also has signed Toral from Arsenal and Periera from United on loan and two players from Chelsea on loan...among other players on loan from other clubs. Will be interesting to see on they do, I'm gonna try and follow Granada more this season. I wanna see Toral do well. He will prob get sold over the summer. I say that based on the fact that Arsenal's midfield is stacked.

The Douglas signing never made sense.

Speaking of loans

Wenger on if Mustafi will affect Chambers' future: "Future? No. The fact he could go out somewhere & play? Yes."
Apparently these clubs are interested in him. sqwk.at/8Chambers I think going to Spain or Italy could help him tactically, it would def add something different to his game. But obviously the language/culture barrier present an issue and he would have to overcome that to really excel.

@ScoutedFootball new Arsenal signing Takuma Asano has joined VfB Stuttgart on loan. He failed to get a work permit.
View media item 2145278

Asano to Stuttgart is a good move for him. Germany is very good to Asian players, he should learn and grow a lot over this year. Hope Arsenal can get him a work permit next year; can't remember how exactly the Brexit affected that aspect of transfers.

Just glad Inter is getting players in general. Joa Mario inter kit could be copped.

after finishing 8th last year this can go no where but up with these two signing....i hope :lol:

They finished 4th,wouldn't be surprised to see them finish higher once the pieces come together for De Boer

Arsenal should have signed Batshuayi and Embolo but...... ya
Embolo was probably too raw for Arsene's liking, he was shaky during the Euros, but admittedly that was a small sample size. Batshuayi is another story tho, we could've/should've gotten him. But as long as this Perez deal goes thru, I'm not complaining, at least about getting someone in and of itself. The timing of course should've been better.

If we're being honest,Laca should've been a Gunner last season :lol:. Might've won them the league too...

Embolo was probably too raw for Arsene's liking, he was shaky during the Euros, but admittedly that was a small sample size. Batshuayi is another story tho, we could've/should've gotten him. But as long as this Perez deal goes thru, I'm not complaining, at least about getting someone in and of itself. The timing of course should've been better.
Rawer than Asano, Akpom, and Sanogo?

Embolo was £19 and Batshuayi £33

I would have preferred those 2 over a £50 Lacazette

2015-2016
Batshuayi 17 goals
Embolo 9 goals

vs

Lacazette 21 goals

Last edited:
This reminds me, the Toronto Raptors use IBM Watson for Data mining and AI

Arsenal should follow suit if they're about that Money Ball life

Last edited:

Rawer than Asano, Akpom, and Sanogo?

Embolo was £19 and Batshuayi £33

I would have preferred those 2 over a £50 Lacazette

2015-2016
Batshuayi 17 goals
Embolo 9 goals

vs

Lacazette 21 goals
Woah woah woah, slow down now. Lacazette is a class above Embolo or Bats. He only had 21 goals last year, but finished behind the best player to set foot in Ligue 1. Year before? 27 league goals and bested the league. He's got 5 goals in 2 games this year. How many do our strikers have combined? Yeah, 50M might seem like too much, but that's the market these days. I want Arsenal to set a record. **** this penny pinching bull ****. Stan spent hundreds of millions on Texan land, time for him to invest in his teams he says he's so fond of.

Don't say it often but Piers Morgan is right :lol:

@piersmorgan:

Distinctly underwhelmed by Arsenal's 'big signings'.
United buying world class, we're buying tier below despite far richer owner. #afc

You guys should be competing with the likes of Citeh and Chelsea when it comes to big time transfers and players. All the conditions are there but the will isn't,curious to see if that's gonna change once Wenger retires

Last edited:
I mean he hasn't looked the part so far, but Xhaka can grow into that tier right below world-class. Mustafi is a regular on the German national team. Lopez was one of the top scorers in La Liga last year. So the notion that we're buying underwhelming talent is mostly ******** to me. They're not quite Pogba and Zlatan, but we're not buying talent for the sake of appeasing fans either.

so signings are official?! finally...it's not ideal but they're welcomed and will certainly make us competitive :pimp:

piers can **** off and go root for united for all i care :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom