This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
03ffd8eb60cf0fbcb17b750cf396df0eda514af0.jpg

images
If this is your serious response then cool. 
There's also the fact that Cristiano won Ballon D'or and CL in 2 different leagues, most CL goals ever, most goals in a season (EPL)

-Messi has little control over the fact that he's only played for only one club

He could go to the EPL and challenge himself like Ibra. Hand in a tranfer request etc.

-Messi has more CL wins

For now

-Messi has more Ballon d'Ors

For now

-Only reason Ronaldo has more CL goals is because he's older and has been playing longer than Messi.

For now Ronaldo has the record, you can bring up the discussion when Messi surpasses him

Challenge himself? You can't be serious :lol:

Ronaldo played in the EPL because that was the best option available to him at the time. Why on God's green Earth would Messi ever downgrade from an elite club that gave him a chance, paid for his growth hormone treatment, and developed him as a player to go to a EPL club?

That has to be the dumbest argument against Messi that I've ever heard.

All I know is that if Messi and Ronaldo were to ever team up, they would go undefeated

There's also the fact that Cristiano won Ballon D'or and CL in 2 different leagues, most CL goals ever, most goals in a season (EPL)
Ok. 
-Messi has little control over the fact that he's only played for only one club
-Messi has more CL wins
-Messi has more Ballon d'Ors
-Only reason Ronaldo has more CL goals is because he's older and has been playing longer than Messi.
Not good enough reasons here. 
The Messi v Cristiano debate can go either way

But at the end of the day, Ronnie still taller
laugh.gif
Which is why Ronaldo will forever be a better player to have in the box when it comes to set pieces. And he has some serious bounce. 
Can it really though?

I know there's the whole career/legacy thing but it's unfathomable to me how someone watch the 2 players play for 5 minutes and come to the conclusion that Ronaldo is better at football.
laugh.gif
Yeah I'm with you here it makes me laugh. 

HATTY FOR THE GAWD

1 good goal
1 offside
1 that was all Marcelo

I'll give credit for only one of those three
missed the entire second half, come in here and read the summary of the game

mans proceed to D-ride Ronaldo like always....never change

Bayern got robbed

UEFA loves Spanish clubs, I'll never forget how badly Liverpool got robbed against Sevilla in last year's Europa League final.
fax

looks like Ramos is wearing the Tiempo's from the Air Max Icons pack :nerd:
Sergio+Ramos+Real+Madrid+CF+v+FC+Bayern+Muenchen+qZDPvOgOe4ix.jpg
haha knew you would come thru :pimp:

The Messi v Cristiano debate can go either way

But at the end of the day, Ronnie still taller :lol:
incredulous.gif

Last edited:
How on a day of 2 important CL ties do we still manage to discuss Man U and have a YouTube comments style Messi vs Ronaldo debate :lol:

Last edited:
I watch both play all the time. Literally all the time. Ronaldo is a goal scoring animal. Fast. Tall and physical. Can't dribble the ball well. Free kick game isn't the best. Could be much better at creating chances. 

Messi could score just as many goals as Ronaldo in a season. I will give Ronaldo the edge on speed but with a ball at your feet Messi is the man for that. After all in football you always have a ball at your foot. The chances Messi create just doesn't seem human like. 

Overall I see both play and I just don't see how Ronaldo is better than Messi. 

I watch both play all the time. Literally all the time. Ronaldo is a goal scoring animal. Fast. Tall and physical. Can't dribble the ball well. Free kick game isn't the best. Could be much better at creating chances. 

Messi could score just as many goals as Ronaldo in a season. I will give Ronaldo the edge on speed but with a ball at your feet Messi is the man for that. After all in football you always have a ball at your foot. The chances Messi create just doesn't seem human like. 

Overall I see both play and I just don't see how Ronaldo is better than Messi. 
But we only judge on goals and trophies an entire team wins...

I love Cristiano and glad I got into the sport to witness two of the best ever play but I have to give a slight nod to Messi for his overall ability, skills and talent.

Messi is my guy, but

View media item 2408933
That low center gravity ain't balancing an international trophy

Cristiano has achieved more to be the better player in my eyes.

Messi has better ability, yes. But its evident that when outside the comfort of a blaugranes shirt he can't get it done.

That said, just because I prefer Ronnie to Messi doesn't mean hell is freezing over and Messi is trash. Dude literally shares status as the top player on the planet with Ronnie. I would take either on any day. The things I've witnessed Messi do in my short time following the game is mind blowing.

I'm not one to bash one or the other like cats on youtube. Both are appreciated, but I just prefer Ronnie a tad bit more.

I've come to realize that I enjoy watching both teams play, but I watch Real Madrid for Ronnie. I don't necessarily watch Barca for Messi alone. I like Barca as an entire unit.

Can't wait to watch them play this weekend

besides... We all know who the GOAT is..

ZlatanvsEngland.gif

Last edited:
Don't wanna debate either but if we gonna nit pick.. cr7 had little to nothing to do with Portugal winning that final.. but nobody wants to speak on that.

I always feel like dude's ride Cr7 so hard cuz they low key attracted to mans.. and wanna justify it some how lol 

Last edited:
The whole "Messi doesn't play well and hasn't won for Argentina, therefore Ronaldo is better" narrative is so overstated.

Messi was a few Higuain misses away from being a WC and multiple Copa America champion. He's also Argentina's all-time leading goal scorer. These WC qualifiers have shown that we don't know how to win without him.

Meanwhile, Portugal didn't even need CR7 to win the Euro Cup. Y'all keep posting pictures of him with the trophy knowing full well that he went out there as a full kit wanker like John Terry to hold the trophy up and celebrate with the guys that put it on his resume.

Last edited:
I'm not a Messi/Argentina fan but it's getting harder to say whose the better player. Both have their pros and cons. I can admit Messi is an amazing footballer, but CR7 is better too me. Doesn't help that he played for United.

Ronaldo that dude in a group project where everyone in the group does all the work and contributes while he writes his name on the paper to get credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom