This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getrich is on some Trump **** trolling to distract people from talking about Arsenal and you dudes took the bait

Son derailed the thread in the laziest way, a Messi/Ronaldo debate, and it worked :lol:

Last edited:
Getrich is on some Trump **** trolling to distract people from talking about Arsenal and you dudes took the bait

Son derailed the thread in the laziest way, a Messi/Ronaldo debate, and it worked
laugh.gif
I fell for it 
laugh.gif

You guys said it well. Cr7 performance that whole euro wasn't good and they won without him. Yet he gets all this credit? Messi that whole copa America straight killed really fun to watch. I will forever hate higuain. Messi could've had 3/4 Argentina trophies smh.

If this is your serious response then cool. 
There's also the fact that Cristiano won Ballon D'or and CL in 2 different leagues, most CL goals ever, most goals in a season (EPL)

-Messi has little control over the fact that he's only played for only one club
-Messi has more CL wins
-Messi has more Ballon d'Ors
-Only reason Ronaldo has more CL goals is because he's older and has been playing longer than Messi.

Players have left big clubs for new challenges. Messi can leave Barca is he really wanted. Naturally Chelsea, City and United are probably the only clubs who can afford to buy him, but it's not impossible.

More over, the fact is this the greatest players have done it for club and country. Every single time we've seen Messi outside of that precious little Barca system we've seen little to no magic from him.

The whole "Messi doesn't play well and hasn't won for Argentina, therefore Ronaldo is better" narrative is so overstated.

Messi was a few Higuain misses away from being a WC and multiple Copa America champion. He's also Argentina's all-time leading goal scorer. These WC qualifiers have shown that we don't know how to win without him.

Meanwhile, Portugal didn't even need CR7 to win the Euro Cup. Y'all keep posting pictures of him with the trophy knowing full well that he went out there as a full kit wanker like John Terry to hold the trophy up and celebrate with the guys that put it on his resume.

Liverpool was one slip away from the league, but the reality is, it didn't happen. So let's not talk about "misses away from being a...". It's either you won, or you didn't.

Also, Ronaldo actually played in matches leading up to the final and in the final, not for long, but he can't help he was injured. Dude tried to go on. Went off, got treated and came back and motivated his team from the side line. Don't front like he was in the box sipping Moscow Mule's and then came down in his kit for the photo op...

The fact that Ronaldo went out in that final against France actually shows just how valuable he was to Portugal. Portugal started playing better after Ronaldo went out, but this was because France's game plan was so centered around Ronaldo and stopping him that after he went out, it all fell apart and France got so confused and had no idea what to do.

Last edited:
Players have left big clubs for new challenges. Messi can leave Barca is he really wanted. Naturally Chelsea, City and United are probably the only clubs who can afford to buy him, but it's not impossible.

I already addressed this, see my quote below:

Challenge himself? You can't be serious :lol:

Ronaldo played in the EPL because that was the best option available to him at the time. Why on God's green Earth would Messi ever downgrade from an elite club that gave him a chance, paid for his growth hormone treatment, and developed him as a player to go to a EPL club?

That has to be the dumbest argument against Messi that I've ever heard.

More over, the fact is this the greatest players have done it for club and country. Every single time we've seen Messi outside of that precious little Barca system we've seen little to no magic from him.

The "Messi doesn't perform for Argentina" argument is just plain wrong at this point. Anyone who is still trying to push that narrative isn't watching the games. I've watched every competitive match Argentina has played since Messi made his debut for the national team and there has been plenty of "magic." Enough magic to make him Argentina's top goalscorer ahead of players like Batistuta, Crespo, and Maradona. You saying you've seen "little to no magic from him" tells me that you've seen little to no Argentina matches and just blindly follow what his detractors like to say.

Also, Ronaldo actually played in matches leading up to the final and in the final, not for long, but he can't help he was injured. Dude tried to go on. Went off, got treated and came back and motivated his team from the side line. Don't front like he was in the box sipping Moscow Mule's and then came down in his kit for the photo op...

As to this last point, I watched all of Portugal's matches during the Euro Cup. Ronaldo played well in that ONE match against Hungary. Aside from that he was unclinical. Nani played a better tournament for Portugal than CR7 did. Revisionist history is going to portray CR7 as Portugal's hero in their lone major tournament win, but that's far from what really happened.

You guys said it well. Cr7 performance that whole euro wasn't good and they won without him. Yet he gets all this credit? Messi that whole copa America straight killed really fun to watch. I will forever hate higuain. Messi could've had 3/4 Argentina trophies smh.

Cmon Seriously

As to this last point, I watched all of Portugal's matches during the Euro Cup. Ronaldo played well in that ONE match against Hungary. Aside from that he was unclinical. Nani played a better tournament for Portugal than CR7 did. Revisionist history is going to portray CR7 as Portugal's hero in their lone major tournament win, but that's far from what really happened.

Nah don't agree. Only thing I'll agree with is the Nani statement and add In Pepe.

Last edited:

The "Messi doesn't perform for Argentina" argument is just plain wrong at this point. Anyone who is still trying to push that narrative isn't watching the games. I've watched every competitive match Argentina has played since Messi made his debut for the national team and there has been plenty of "magic." Enough magic to make him Argentina's top goalscorer ahead of players like Batistuta, Crespo, and Maradona. You saying you've seen "little to no magic from him" tells me that you've seen little to no Argentina matches and just blindly follow what his detractors like to say.

When I say little to no magic, I mean what trophies are won.

When I have this convo with people the majority of the time, I even say take Ronaldo out of the equation and look at them individually. Messi has a stellar career, he's really been something amazing to watch. I won't even go into detail about the honors of his amazing career. However, as I said before, the greats have done it for club (ideally more than one club in a different league but even if not, so be it) and country.

View media item 2409236
So proud of the boys. We absolutely dominated the second half. Gave one of the best teams in Europe one hell of a game and had them genuinely rattled after Vardy scored.

Feel like last night was the end of an era though, like this team of the last 4 years will break up in the summer. We'll see. It's been incredible though, witnessing the last 4 years in particular. Championship to Premier League Winners to CL QF in that time. Amazing.

:lol: at challenging himself, he's at Barcelona. Y'all want him to sign for Everton or something to prove a point?

Hate that we can't appreciate the 2 otherworldly talents of our time without always comparing one with the other :lol:. Just don't take either one for granted cause they'll both be missed once they're gone.

One is the GOAT goal scorer ever and the other is in the convo for GOAT all around player,they both have different roles on their respective squads. Don't get the need for the constant tearing down of one to praise the other. Kinda like the whole "LeBron vs Kobe" debate :lol:

Would I like to see Messi in the premier league eventually? Sure but I won't knock him for staying at one club his whole career.

Last edited:
I feel like Messi had done everything possible in a Barça shirt and has nothing else to prove. Why not give his boy Pep a call and go to Citeh in the summer.

messi is at barcelona and people want him to move to england for ****** weather and ****** food and a bunch of xenophobes so he can challenge himself for the keyboard critic's sake. FOH  
laugh.gif

and people say messi doesn't perform for argentina but he's their top goal scorer. some of yall's man crush's for ronnie are making you sound dumb as hell 

ronnie is a machine.  one of the best i've ever seen play.  unstoppable. 

but messi is better. 

there is a reason why fellow players rank him among the goats but only fanboys call CR7 the goat. 

Last edited:
I feel like Messi had done everything possible in a Barça shirt and has nothing else to prove. Why not give his boy Pep a call and go to Citeh in the summer.
beacuase it's manchester city.  

messi has grown up in the club of his dreams why the **** would he want to move to manchester from barcelona?

obvious football reasons aside where barca is clearly the better club for all reasons... have yall even been to england?

outside of london i wouldn't want to live in any of those little towns. 

barcelona is absolutely beautiful.  

Last edited:
Mou wants to sign Aurier this summer? :nerd:

How's he been this season @PRIME?

Didn't he have beef with Ibra at P$G?

Last edited:
It's all been said....but...my 2 cents

Messi has more talent...but thats why i like Ronaldo more. Hardest worker on the planet. Even when his dribbling ability has deteriorated he has changed his game and basically become a true #9 using his physical stature to be a heading machine. He also has real good spacial awareness/soccer IQ, and has incredible shooting ability in both feet. But the things messi can do on the ball....unmatched.

Also we act like if Argentina wins a trophy and Messi is on the team he won't get credit even if he got hurt in the final. Sorry but if you are the face of your national team...and your national team wins a trophy you get the credit. I don't care how bad or if you played. You take the blame when the team fails...and you get the credit when they win.

Last edited:
As a Barca fan, it was hard watching Ronaldo win. That being said, I am blessed to have witnessed two of the goats. No point in discrediting other's success / greatness to make a point for your favorite player. let both be great 

id like to talk about marcelo though. 

an amazing performance by him. 

i've never seen someone control a game from the LB position. it was crazy to see. 

easily the best player on the pitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom