This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
i still aint buying his adapting because he's willing to play multiple formations.. he did that at bayern as well..

If he still doesnt have the right players to play his type of football, then why doesnt he ADAPT his style to his current team? Why insist on playing out the back when your GK and CB's seem to be really nervous on the ball? Why play such a highline when you have aging fullbacks and two slow CBs that constantly leave you exposed to the counter and your missing your engine in midfield who can get back and cover them...
It's more than just changing formations, he has tried several different tactics as well to see what works best with what we have i'll just quote what I said a few pages back.
He has tried different tactics all season long. we have tried attacking with width, focusing the attack through the middle of the pitch, tucking in the fullbacks, have them come down the wings for support, 3 at the back etc. He has been trying to adapt at certain point which is the point City is at it is just some of the players.

How else would you want him to change the way the team plays do you mean playing out the back? Cause as I pointed out earlier Chelsea, Spurs and especially Liverpool all play out the back and are doing just fine. 
And playing out the back isn't out issue. Bravo, Otamendi and Stones are fine on the ball plus he has and Bravo, Otamendi and Stones to find someone long more often after the second or third pass. I've noticed that situations we would have tried to play out of (usually when the next ball would have to go to one of the fullbacks or say Fernando if he is playing) we have been going long now instead of passing short to players who actually are not good on the ball like Fernando and our fullbacks when under pressure, so he has even changed how he wants the team to play when it comes to playing out the back. 

Now he can finally be revealed, welcome to the club Jesus 
smokin.gif

web-Gabriel%20Jesus%20signs%20for%20Manchester%20City%20Final-A19U9443.jpg

Bayern have identified Marco Verratti as Xabi Alonso's replacement in the summer. PSG will ask for €80m if the player wants to leave [Bild]

@LovellLowdown: TRANSFER. Carlo Ancelotti hasn't spoken with Marco Verratti for 3 months. "No chance - Forget it. #psg

Damn :lol:,they are kinda stacked already at MF. You could also say that they already have a Xabi replacement in the wings with Sanches.

If Veratti really wants to leave,hope Mou does his due diligence and entertains the idea cause I doubt there'd be a better Carrick replacement than him :nerd:

Last edited:
Now he can finally be revealed, welcome to the club Jesus :smokin

web-Gabriel%20Jesus%20signs%20for%20Manchester%20City%20Final-A19U9443.jpg
:pimp:
What do you think this means for Iheanacho then? You think he'll want to stay and fight for a spot? I think competition is healthy for a club, but not where it leads to egos being more than the team. I can see Jesus being moved around a lot especially since he can play both wings and as CF. We need to see if he is clinical enough to finish in the BPL.

I dont doubt his talent and ceiling, but right now I would still keep Iheanacho as our main backup and see what Gabriel Jesus can bring to the table.

Now he can finally be revealed, welcome to the club Jesus 
smokin.gif

pimp.gif

What do you think this means for Iheanacho then? You think he'll want to stay and fight for a spot? I think competition is healthy for a club, but not where it leads to egos being more than the team. I can see Jesus being moved around a lot especially since he can play both wings and as CF. We need to see if he is clinical enough to finish in the BPL.

I dont doubt his talent and ceiling, but right now I would still keep Iheanacho as our main backup and see what Gabriel Jesus can bring to the table.
I think this more speaks to us preparing for a future without Aguero then it does for Iheanacho. Aguero will probably be at the club maybe 2-3 more years if I had to guess there's been rumors of him wanting to go back to Argentina after the 2018 world cup and play for Independiente again. 

i personally think its dope more american companies buying into the sport... that was the best part about Orlando city was how much the local community was involved with the club :pimp:

It's more than just changing formations, he has tried several different tactics as well to see what works best with what we have i'll just quote what I said a few pages back.

And playing out the back isn't out issue. Bravo, Otamendi and Stones are fine on the ball plus he has and Bravo, Otamendi and Stones to find someone long more often after the second or third pass. I've noticed that situations we would have tried to play out of (usually when the next ball would have to go to one of the fullbacks or say Fernando if he is playing) we have been going long now instead of passing short to players who actually are not good on the ball like Fernando and our fullbacks when under pressure, so he has even changed how he wants the team to play when it comes to playing out the back. 

would have to disagree.. ive seen Ota play horrible balls due to the press he faces, stones as well. Wasn't the lukaku goal this weekend a direct result of failure to play out the back?

would have to disagree.. ive seen Ota play horrible balls due to the press he faces, stones as well. Wasn't the lukaku goal this weekend a direct result of failure to play out the back?

Everyone makes mistakes more times than not they are fine on the ball and they both at times this season have also made passes that lead to breaks for us to create chances and score. Lukakus goal was a result of a poor pass from Clichy giving away possession that lead to an Everton break

Last edited:

I dont' trust any of City's backs on the ball in pressure situations. I used to trust stones but dude has looked like he doesn't really care what happens recently

Hoping they put out the same effort this weekend as they did vs barca and arsenal. Got a few Tottenham fans come out to the bar with us saturday for the game

Last edited:
Just saw Jose Fonte got scooped by West Ham, weren't some of the bigger clubs looking at him as well? Looks like a £8M fee which seems somewhat cheap?

had to be motivated by money right.. why leave the saints for that ?

i can just imagine them running around with a huge bullseye on their chests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom