This Frank Ocean still goes hard.....*Official Thread*

Nikes without the screwed down voice >>>

U.N.I.T.Y. is [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

The first time I listed to Nostalgia Ultra, I knew I was listening to something great. 

The first time I listened to Sweet Life and Super Rich Kids, I knew I was listening to something great. 

Listening to these two albums has been a real struggle. 

You shouldn't have to work hard or be "in the know" to be able to tell if something is great. 

These two albums don't do it for me at all... and I probably won't be listening to them again. 

Sucks for you.

nerd.gif

where can I hear that version of nikes
nerd.gif
PM'd you

No voice over version of nikes is on Blond. 

Last edited:
Thanks..I thought a version with just his normal voice. Just seent the video with the voiceover :x no thanks

Favorite track is Self Control. You ever have past lovers that you had to let go of for one reason or another but still hope that they keep a place for you in their hearts? This is the perfect soundtrack to that feeling. 

Last edited:
You need to think about heart break and relationships to play this thing [emoji]128514[/emoji] will have you in your feelings :lol:

The first time I listed to Nostalgia Ultra, I knew I was listening to something great. 

The first time I listened to Sweet Life and Super Rich Kids, I knew I was listening to something great. 

Listening to these two albums has been a real struggle. 

I feel the exact same way.

Frank fulfilled his Def Jam contract by releasing Endless making Blonde an independent release
http://www.thefader.com/2016/08/23/frank-ocean-def-jam-blond-blonde-independent-release

Bruh really trolled Def Jam by giving them a woodworking video

Parent company Universal is REAL hurt about it. :lol:

Universal Ending Streaming Exclusives After Frank Ocean’s Self-Released Blonde

Frank Ocean’s new Endless visual album, available exclusively via Apple Music, may be the last release of its kind for Universal Music Group. Yesterday, a source familiar with the situation told Pitchfork that Endless, which came out on August 19, fulfilled Ocean’s obligation to Universal and Def Jam. Ocean’s other new album, Blonde, which arrived on August 20, was self-released, the source said. Endless was released only as a video stream; Blonde is a 17-song album available as a stream or paid download exclusively from Apple. Now, Billboard reports that UMG chairman/CEO Lucian Grainge followed Ocean’s moves by telling his label executives that Universal would no longer do single-platform, global streaming exclusives. It was unclear whether Ocean’s actions directly precipitated Grainge’s decision. A source also told Billboard that UMG could potentially have a legal case against Ocean.

http://pitchfork.com/news/67775-uni...ives-after-frank-oceans-self-released-blonde/

I'm curious about the legal action. I don't know what deal Frank had. If it was two albums, then he did it. No reason why he can't release another album. Def Jam should get the physical out ASAP before Frank does. The hype is so high, get it out quick and it's gonna fly off the shelves. Get the CD in the store now, vinyl in a few weeks.

I'm curious about the legal action. I don't know what deal Frank had. If it was two albums, then he did it. No reason why he can't release another album. Def Jam should get the physical out ASAP before Frank does. The hype is so high, get it out quick and it's gonna fly off the shelves. Get the CD in the store now, vinyl in a few weeks.
I don't get how they can sue Frank if they greenlighted the release in the first place lmao these execs are in their feelings

the Billboard piece delves a bit deeper:

In July, Billboard reported that Def Jam had spent as much as $2 million on recording costs for Ocean's album, at the time thought to be called Boys Don't Cry. Now it appears that Ocean, perhaps through an advance via his new deal with Apple (though one source suggests a separate, private benefactor), paid that amount back to Def Jam, absolving him of any recoupable claims from Def Jam/UMG and essentially buying Ocean his own recordings back. Ocean delivered Endless instead, fulfilling his deal and severing his contractual ties to the major.

But to release another full-length, fully-realized album outside the label's purview just 24-hours later is controversial, to say the least, and a source tells Billboard that while UMG hasn’t taken any legal action against Ocean or his team — yet — the label group may have grounds to do so.

For one, many record contracts are based on minimum-delivery clauses, meaning that if Ocean's deal was just for two albums, he typically would have had to deliver them within a set time frame, and at a label-acceptable level of quality, in order to fulfill his contract. In addition, most recording contracts stipulate that a window of time during which an artist can't release music on any other label, so as not to compete with the current project — in this case, DefJam's Endless. By delivering Blond within just 24 hours, it raises the question of whether Universal even knew it was coming -- and what they could have done about it regardless.

the Billboard piece delves a bit deeper:
In July, Billboard reported that Def Jam had spent as much as $2 million on recording costs for Ocean's album, at the time thought to be called Boys Don't Cry. Now it appears that Ocean, perhaps through an advance via his new deal with Apple (though one source suggests a separate, private benefactor), paid that amount back to Def Jam, absolving him of any recoupable claims from Def Jam/UMG and essentially buying Ocean his own recordings back. Ocean delivered Endless instead, fulfilling his deal and severing his contractual ties to the major.

But to release another full-length, fully-realized album outside the label's purview just 24-hours later is controversial, to say the least, and a source tells Billboard that while UMG hasn’t taken any legal action against Ocean or his team — yet — the label group may have grounds to do so.

For one, many record contracts are based on minimum-delivery clauses, meaning that if Ocean's deal was just for two albums, he typically would have had to deliver them within a set time frame, and at a label-acceptable level of quality, in order to fulfill his contract. In addition, most recording contracts stipulate that a window of time during which an artist can't release music on any other label, so as not to compete with the current project — in this case, DefJam's Endless. By delivering Blond within just 24 hours, it raises the question of whether Universal even knew it was coming -- and what they could have done about it regardless.
he finessed the hell outta them 
laugh.gif

I ain't mad at Frank but damn Universal so mad they're ending streaming exclusives 
roll.gif

Good guy and Close to you are so good, I wish they were longer but I think what makes them special is the briefness of it all. Kind of like Acura integurl, joint is fire but when I heard him perform a 2nd verse live it just didn't feel the same

We know you're sweet like a suckaaaaaa

Damn near every song on here is relatable to some point of my life.

Solo & Reprise :x
Nikes
Self Control
Pretty Sweet
Close To You :x :x :x
White Ferrari
Pink + White
Futura Free

Need that Endless CDQ so I can make the perfect compilation [emoji]128064[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom