This Frank Ocean still goes hard.....*Official Thread*

Best Frank Ocean song IMO...dude is 
pimp.gif

^Agreed... Both have great sound to their music, but Frank's music lyrically makes it that much better. That definitly gives him an advantage with other comparisons.

^Agreed... Both have great sound to their music, but Frank's music lyrically makes it that much better. That definitly gives him an advantage with other comparisons.

Kind of iffy about doing this here but I swear people underrate/overrate the two's lyrical abilities.

"they see my brain melting,
and the only thing I tell em is i'm living for the present and the future don't exist..."

there's meaning in that.

Maybe some of yall just don't like the content but I just don't see how Frank is even noticeably superior to Weeknd lyrically.
ps The Lonny Breaux Collection is piff.

Kind of iffy about doing this here but I swear people underrate/overrate the two's lyrical abilities.

and the only thing I tell em is i'm living for the present and the future don't exist..."

there's meaning in that.

Maybe some of yall just don't like the content but I just don't see how Frank is even noticeably superior to Weeknd lyrically.

Does anyone else feel that being affiliated with Odd Future will ultimately be holding Frank back?

U Got It is
pimp.gif

Does anyone else feel that being affiliated with Odd Future will ultimately be holding Frank back?

U Got It is
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

there's meaning in that.

Both are great lyrically imo, but Frank wins out barely. Songs like "Wicked Games" proves that Weeknd isn't weak at all lyrically. Far from it, actually. The emotion he puts into his lyrics are deep. Son painted a picture of pain and loneliness in 'Wicked Games' that I havent heard in a while.
"Tell me you love me/only for tonight (even though you dont love me)
  I'll give you what I need/even though you dont love me"

That line pulled on some heart strings when I heard that first for a couple reasons.

Again though, Frank is better imo. Weeknd needs to stray out of the drug/party scene before I can consider him as good or better. Songs like 'American Wedding' and 'Novacane' give F.O. that edge for me. Yeah Novacane is a song about drugs, but he did it better.

Weeknd paints a picture, Frank Ocean writes a movie.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

there's meaning in that.

Both are great lyrically imo, but Frank wins out barely. Songs like "Wicked Games" proves that Weeknd isn't weak at all lyrically. Far from it, actually. The emotion he puts into his lyrics are deep. Son painted a picture of pain and loneliness in 'Wicked Games' that I havent heard in a while.
"Tell me you love me/only for tonight (even though you dont love me)
  I'll give you what I need/even though you dont love me"

That line pulled on some heart strings when I heard that first for a couple reasons.

Again though, Frank is better imo. Weeknd needs to stray out of the drug/party scene before I can consider him as good or better. Songs like 'American Wedding' and 'Novacane' give F.O. that edge for me. Yeah Novacane is a song about drugs, but he did it better.

Weeknd paints a picture, Frank Ocean writes a movie.

That Hotel California sample, i think its named American Wedding (correct me if im wrong) is AMAZING! Great production, great lyrics, and a very creative expressive artist...i could see him go FAR!

That Hotel California sample, i think its named American Wedding (correct me if im wrong) is AMAZING! Great production, great lyrics, and a very creative expressive artist...i could see him go FAR!

Back
Top Bottom