This Frank Ocean still goes hard.....*Official Thread*

We know you're sweet like a suckaaaaaa

Damn near every song on here is relatable to some point of my life.

Solo & Reprise
sick.gif

Nikes
Self Control
Pretty Sweet
Close To You
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

White Ferrari
Pink + White
Futura Free

Need that Endless CDQ so I can make the perfect compilation [emoji]128064[/emoji]
Pink+White relatable too??

I like the album. Not a classic but its good. It definitely is poorly structured though. He should have scraped all of the interludes besides good guy and scrapped the outro. Besides that the only other qualm I have is that certain songs he uses a voice changer too much i.e. the first half of Nikes.

There's no beats on half the album. A lot of it sounds borderline acoustic or accapella.

He rarely sings on it, like real singing and hitting notes.

I don't like the voice changer he uses. He's also using other people's flows at times.

The skits are so damn worthless and its like a third of the album.

I liked his previous two but he missed with this one. I don't care who made it, it's a dud. Doesn't sound like Frank.

I heard two songs from Endless and it sounded better than Blond off just two songs. I won't play it until they release the official on iTunes, if they do.

Last edited:
"Blonde" is a great album. It's not upbeat at all. It's all mellow and calm music. Frank really has his own sound. I like it. Definitely recommend listening to this album.

There's no beats on half the album. A lot of it sounds borderline acoustic or accapella.

He rarely sings on it, like real singing and hitting notes.

I don't like the voice changer he uses. He's also using other people's flows at times.

The skits are so damn worthless and its like a third of the album.

I liked his previous two but he missed with this one. I don't care who made it, it's a dud. Doesn't sound like Frank.

I heard two songs from Endless and it sounded better than Blond off just two songs. I won't play it until they release the official on iTunes, if they do.

Sounds like you just don't like it in general more so than it really being a dud :lol:

ie: it's not for you

I'm sure some people do like it but I don't like it because it's dud in my opinion. I think some people like it because it's Frank Ocean. If this was a Lloyd or Bobby Valention album, it would be a completely different reaction. I think it's so different than his lost tapes, Nostalgia and Channel Orange, which makes me wonder why? Was he heavily influenced by someone else or is this considered progression? The songs and theme are all over the place. Again, the production is almost nonexistent and he's not even singing like his previous projects.

There's around 20 minutes of skits on the album, the album is like 50-55 minutes. None of these are exact numbers, just an estimate but that's like a quarter of the album or something. I'm good off that.

I hope Wither is a rough demo. The vocals him and Jasmine delivered have to be heard in clarity. A longer more produced version would be dope if Frank can deliver the same raw vocal. It's on repeat tho.

You must have the other version.

Be Yourself - 1:26
Good Guy (at the end) - 15 seconds (
Facebook Story - 1:08
Futura Free - 5 mins. to close the album.

about 8 min.

I get not liking it, but you're reaching with how much time these skits take. But when I don't like something, it seems like a forever task, too. I get it.

Last edited:
Be Yourself 1:27
Good Guy 1:07
Pretty Sweet 2:39
Facebook Story 1:09
Close to You 1:26
Godspeed 2:58
Futura Free for five minutes ish

They're skits and interludes. Then a few songs got their own little 20-40 seconds of nothing. So it's 15-20 minutes of useless ****.

I like interludes but when the full 3-5 minute songs sound like interludes, I don't need a minute or two minute interlude along with it.

Voodoo was a great "interlude" and Acura Integral was a great "interlude"

I've heard people call this great elevator music. Is that a compliment? Most of the music in elevators or dull and boring.

And just for the hell of it, what genre would you guys categorize this under?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom