This girl is your typical millenial...

Yal really aren't doing the math at all. She could have made it through by taking out small loans but the average 4 year cost of college is around 100K including tuition room and board, books, food, spending money, etc.

As much as you all want to demonize the young folks, she has a point. Part of great parenting is preparing your child to budget their funds. Of course, it is up to the individual to protect what they have but as a young and immature adult, should we expect that of her without guidance.

So the parents should prepare the child BUT the child has to take some responsibility as well.

You're trolling. Even if you aren't taught how to budget, to blow 90K in three years when the only thing you have to do is pay for school is reckless. She went to Europe for who knows how long, kept her wardrobe up to date and used it to keep her afloat during breaks. I'm willing to bet she went on Spring Break with that bread. How can you sympathize with her when she took no responsibility for it and blamed her parents? I don't know where she goes to school, but if she just got grants and a scholarship from the financial aid office, she would have been able to avoid taking out a loan as the 90k would have been more than enough.

Last edited:

Yal really aren't doing the math at all. She could have made it through by taking out small loans but the average 4 year cost of college is around 100K including tuition room and board, books, food, spending money, etc.
I'd say 80K. Unless we talking bout private. If that's the case, ion care. If you're going to a private university, you and your folks prolly loaded.

How is teaching your child budgeting skills trolling? Hell grown Americans can't even budget. And the broad had a 90k college fund I highly doubt she was even eligible for grants. Sure she made some dumb decisions & sounds entitled af but its to be expected from someone her age. You dudes kill me on here never mad a mistake in your lives

How is teaching your child budgeting skills trolling? Hell grown Americans can't even budget. And the broad had a 90k college fund I highly doubt she was even eligible for grants. Sure she made some dumb decisions & sounds entitled af but its to be expected from someone her age. You dudes kill me on here never mad a mistake in your lives
This is beyond her just making a mistake. She's stupid.

:rofl: :rofl:

Man I've been listening to her story unfold on the radio. Never would have guessed a segment from the Bert Show would have made it to NT. :lol:

I'd say 80K. Unless we talking bout private. If that's the case, ion care. If you're going to a private university, you and your folks prolly loaded.
http://trends.collegeboard.org/coll...ublished-undergraduate-charges-sector-2014-15

What is she not gonna eat? Buy books or spend a some money during her 4 years in college? That 80K only covers tuition and room & board.

Not even a meal plan which are like $1400/ semester. Like I said she could have made it through if she worked some or took out some loans.

College isn't cheap easily 100K when its all said and done. This is on the low end.

You can really tell who hasn't been to school yet or either went when it was 1000% cheaper.

Last edited:
Huh man. These dudes just expect young Americans, that come from money, to know how to hustle/struggle and deal with adversity. The girl probably never had to work for much in her life, clearly parents didn't prepare her for this style of humbling. But she is just SUPPOSED to know

You dont report 90K to FAFSA. So she would be as her grandparents saved it for her over a period time until she hit 18. That's 5000 a year.

Her parents shouldn't have to teach her how to budget. Where's the personal responsibility of which she accepted none. I worked in school and in high school, and if I wanted a new outfit, kicks or video games, I had to budget especially in college because those weren't necessities. No one's acting like they're perfect, but to let her skate as if she did nothing wrong is why she's thinks its OK to blame her parents.

And don't use her possibly being from wealth as an excuse. I have friends that are heirs to trust funds who knew how to manage money better than her.

Last edited:
You dont report 90K to FAFSA. So she would be as her grandparents saved it for her over a period time until she hit 18. That's 5000 a year.

Her parents shouldn't have to teach her how to budget. Where's the personal responsibility of which she accepted none. I worked in school and in high school, and if I wanted a new outfit, kicks or video games, I had to budget especially in college because those weren't necessities. No one's acting like they're perfect, but to let her skate as if she did nothing wrong is why she's thinks its OK to blame her parents.
That is YOU. That doesn't mean that is how everyone is going to learn. What aren't you understanding about there?

Again you're excusing her behavior. At what point does it kick in that this money is running out and maybe I should stop spending recklessly?

Cmon lets get real who has a 90k college fund and is still eligible for grants? :rofl:

So caught up in your personal story anything that deviates from that is just absurd. FOH

Again you're excusing her behavior. At what point does it kick in that this money is running out and maybe I should stop spending recklessly?
Dude if you read my FIRST post, I said she has to take some of the blame as well. YOU are choosing to ignore that

http://trends.collegeboard.org/coll...ublished-undergraduate-charges-sector-2014-15

What is she not gonna eat? Buy books or spend a some money during her 4 years in college? That 80K only covers tuition and room & board.

Not even a meal plan which are like $1400/ semester. Like I said she could have made it through if she worked some or took out some loans.

College isn't cheap easily 100K when its all said and done. This is on the low end.
Never took into account room and board. Either way, she deserves no defense at all.

Cmon lets get real who has a 90k college fund and is still eligible for grants? :rofl:

So caught up in your personal story anything that deviates from that is just absurd. FOH

Youre special ed. $5000 a year over 18 years is 90000. That's not hard to save at all. Doesn't mean someone is wealthy because their grandparents saved that for her college fund. You're probably the person that called in over the radio.

She is not a typical millennial, she actually had a college fund.
Haha. Got em.

Not sure what type of school she went to, but I'm sure she could've gone to a decent state school and spend half the cost. My undergrad education ran $40k max. There are good paying jobs on campus too. Library was paying $13 an hour to watch people and check in and out books

Her attitude seems like a lot of the early 20s folks I know. They live on credit and take out money to go on vacations. I just want to enjoy life. I can't take money when I die anyway. That's their reasoning. Modern day hippies.

Last edited:
Haha. Got em.

Not sure what type of school she went to, but I'm sure she could've gone to a decent state school and spend half the cost.

Her attitude seems like a lot of the early 20s folks I know. They live on credit and take out money to go on vacations. I just want to enjoy life. I can't take money when I die anyway. That's their reasoning. Modern day hippies.
Spent half the cost if she stayed at home with her parents yes, besides that no.

The girl is at fault, but it's not like she did anything outlandish that the average college student isn't doing.

I didn't partake in the crazy trips and going out every weekend, but it is the college norm.

Now 90k isn't a lot of money. All my classmates were either in school on loans, grants, or busting their *** at 3 jobs to make ends meet. Tell them 90k isn't a lot of money :rofl: homie is ******ed

Now 90k isn't a lot of money. All my classmates were either in school on loans, grants, or busting their *** at 3 jobs to make ends meet. Tell them 90k isn't a lot of money :rofl: homie is ******ed

Where did I say it isn't a lot of money? I said over an 18 year period, that isn't hard to save. In addition to learning how to manage your finances, learn how to comprehend sentences. I don't care about your homies either. What your personal story got to do with me?

meh...NON STORY

"My boots lace got base and dem white ki's
Bout to cop da convertable crib like Ice-T
And dat ice on ya sleeve, dats light cheese
I spend a hundred gs a year on white tees"

cass :smokin

Back
Top Bottom