This girl is your typical millenial...

Don't categorize all millenials like that. We got it harder than any other generation.
roll.gif
indifferent.gif

no.

I was born in 1991 and didn't have no damn college fund :smh: still went to school though (public)

Btw what years constitute being a millenial?

Generally 1980 to 1999 are the dates. You're missing the point; because of 30 years of neoliberalism, America's Middle Class has been weakened to the point that the parents of millennials have not been able to save up College funds. That fact combined with skyrocketing costs of higher education been that big student loan debts are the norm for college graduates.

This is why I started running $chemeTeam only on foreigns..

Take it from another millennial, this next generation of American females are for anybody.

Too many of them like the chick in that interview.

Last edited:
I too had college paid for due to a trust fund and I did not turn out like that at all. My issue was that I had to use it on education, if I could have invested what I spent on school I'd be a millionaire by now. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:

I too had college paid for due to a trust fund and I did not turn out like that at all. My issue was that I had to use it on education, if I could have invested what I spent on school I'd be a millionaire by now. 
laugh.gif

or you could've lost it all

when i saw this thread i initially thought about the niketalker millenial.

he needs to come in here and post justifying the spending because she took a trip to europe    

I had a college fund. Only 10k tho. **** was gone in my first semester man

But saving money aint hard. You get money then save it

Or you get money, blow it, then realize u shoulda saved it. And learn ya lesson

:smh:

I've seen way too many of my peers in college not understand the value of there parents money and how to properly budget

Girl is completely at fault but parents are equally as stupid that they did not provide any sort of guidance. Cannot give an 18 y/o fresh outta high school ninety THOUSAND dollars and expect her to not be reckless.

System of checks and balances with her on that. Money should've been brought to a financial planner..

oh well....**** that now :lol:

Don't understand why people are pulling statistics and doing math when it's pretty simply.

She made it three years before the funds ran out and she admitted to using the money to go to Europe and live off of on breaks.

So that's a vacation in Europe and a couple of jobless summers, winter breaks, and spring breaks. If she only used the 90k for college, she most likely would have had enough money.

Also no her parents don't get any of the blame in my eyes. It's called a College Fund. Nobody should have to be told that it should only be used for college. 

As much as you all want to demonize the young folks, she has a point. Part of great parenting is preparing your child to budget their funds. Of course, it is up to the individual to protect what they have but as a young and immature adult, should we expect that of her without guidance.

So the parents should prepare the child BUT the child has to take some responsibility as well.

/Thread

when i saw this thread i initially thought about the niketalker millenial.

he needs to come in here and post justifying the spending because she took a trip to europe    
Umm I had $0 help for college.  I didn't even go to college until I was 4 years out of HS and saved up the money in those 4 years to go so get your facts straight.

Read the title immediately knew what it was...I wouldn't say its a typical millennial I'm a millenal and I know the world don't owe me a damb thing. I try to grind legally to get what I want.

90k in the hole and this Kim is kinda mad

She's a red bottom bum dirty shirt, fake a** bag

She's a no money getta, don’t have a card, or keep a tab

Dont even send mail to her house, duck the bank and mail man

Thumbing through no bands she be feenin for a check, uh! x4

Last edited:
I feel bad for her.

I too realize the faults in my upbringing.

But I won't blame her.

Moms did what she could with 3 boys, she wasn't perfect to no fault of her own.

I didn't know what credit was until I was 19

I didn't learn how to write a check until 21.

The majority of the blame falls on the people responsible for educating our youth, but we won't invest in our teachers. 

mean.gif

It took me up until about 25 to figure out how money worked.

Not gonna lie I've blown through a couple G's of Fafsa bread once everything (classes, books, etc.) were paid....but 90 G's and she still has 1 more year to pay??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

As much as you all want to demonize the young folks, she has a point. Part of great parenting is preparing your child to budget their funds. Of course, it is up to the individual to protect what they have but as a young and immature adult, should we expect that of her without guidance.

So the parents should prepare the child BUT the child has to take some responsibility as well.

/Thread

Man at a certain point you just have to assume a base level of responsibility and simple intelligence.

My parents never taught me budgeting but damn its common sense and simple math.

This co-signing this girl's idiocy and irresponsibility is what's wrong with America.

This is the information age man. No one has excuses to be totally ignorant to major life changing situations.

Last edited:
From UA? Same here man its crazy what they take these loans for 

The worst mistake some of these OC girls make is going out of state for no reason. I know sooooo many girls that went to ASU/ UA and make like 35k, but owe like 50 from school. Better marry rich, and that's still taking YEARS to pay off.

I seen it all, people buying cars with their student loans, spending it at the bar/club, snorting it up their nose.  Thats why i always said they shouldn't offer student loans period

Back
Top Bottom