This is your brain on Fortnight

How much is too much? Test could show the effect of gaming on your kid’s brain
e54716b07b47204f6bc091d7fc9c92a7

How much is too much? Test could show the effect of gaming on your kid’s brain.originally appeared on goodmorningamerica.com

Cash, a 10-year-old boy who lives in Los Angeles, is obsessed with the game Fortnite, his mother Rusti says.

Fortnite represents the current pinnacle of game theory and player engagement. It's filled with bloodless violence, intensity and it's peppered with random surprises.

It's constantly being updated with pop-culture add-ons and it's filled with silly victory dances that delight the player. Because it can be played on a console, a tablet or a phone, it can travel with a player anywhere they get cellular data or Wi-Fi.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/much-too-...ct-gaming-120653070--abc-news-topstories.html

Internet addiction as well?

I thought you shoot people in Fortnite. I know a lot of people have gotten away from it, but at its core, its a shooting game.

nothing diff then the Halo days, the duty days, the WoW days, GTA days

its all the same and something kids let alone adults will never give up

im a huge gamer and here i am at 28 still completely fine lol and i been gaming since prolly since i was 8

nothing diff then the Halo days, the duty days, the WoW days, GTA days

its all the same and something kids let alone adults will never give up

im a huge gamer and here i am at 28 still completely fine lol and i been gaming since prolly since i was 8

I'm 36 and been gaming since I was about 5-6.

Forgot the name of that guy who always blames shootings on video games.

Can't stand his ***.

Fortnite doesn't even remotely come close to something like this. I'm sure most people who have been playing console shooters for years remember this mission.
In short, it was a kind of intro mission that briefly had you take on the role of a terrorist shooting up an airport full of civilians. You could refrain from shooting but you could also mow down every civilian in sight.
3059da29714f92942e36d284fdac0be0.gif

I am sure the same could have been said about us playing too much NBA Live 95.

The kids that are "supposed to be fine" will end up fine.

The kids that aren't "supposed to be fine" won't end up fine.

That simple
Yeah If you're inclined to be that way, who knows what will take you over the edge. It's deeper than what game you play.

Fortnite doesn't even remotely come close to something like this. I'm sure most people who have been playing console shooters for years remember this mission.
In short, it was a kind of intro mission that briefly had you take on the role of a terrorist shooting up an airport full of civilians. You could refrain from shooting but you could also mow down every civilian in sight.

Damn I could've sworn I finished this game, don't remember this at all.

You know, I never understood what the fuss was about regarding this. Like people didn't do this in GTA at their leisure.

When you first loaded the game up, you had to opt in to doing this part. That was the only time it was asked and if you opted out, you skipped this part.

It was one of the first missions I believe. I clearly recall shooting the civilians, perhaps that's why it stuck by me. Modern Warfare 2 came out in 2009 so I would have been 15 at the time.

If I recall correctly the game gave you a warning that you could skip it entirely or just refrain from shooting.

I remember this. Imagine the controversy behind trying to do that in 2019.

I played and watched some ****ed up stuff as a kid, y'all remember Manhunt? lol

"pretty sure i shot the ones crawling away"

I would think playing video games is better than watching movies and netflix all the time. Improves hand eye coordination and decision making.. maybe im bugging out

I hate to be like an old head but kids should be outside playing ball and wiffleball or w/e else. That was way more fun than video games for me as a child and better for you in the long run too.

Back
Top Bottom