This year unbeatens compared to 2008 Patriots..

Why isn't the Colts & Saints unbeaten seasons so far getting not nearly as much news & hype as the 07-08 Pats? I'm not a fan of either of theseteams (Broncos Go Hard
pimp.gif
) but i remember that this time in the year, allyou heard about was the Pats & their season. JMO.

who cares... we dont need all the hype/attention.. Peyton gets enough of that on his own..
laugh.gif

but to answer your question.. i think its due to the fact that when the patriots were on the verge of doing so... only 1 other team had done it before..(Bears).. now that its been the Bears and Patriots to do so... guess its no longer as exciting..

oh and BTW.. Colts will go undefeated.. best believe were taking it all the way to the SB as well..
pimp.gif

Personally I think that the 2008 Pats are on a whole 'nother level than these teams. But that's just me.

I think it's because the Patriots were destroying their opponents weekly. Were there more than two games in which the Pats were pushed to the brink?

I think the first reason is because a 16-0 regular season HAS been done before. Obviously not the 19-0 season, but neither team has set the record yet.

Second, the Pats were DESTROYING teams. The Colts and Saints have each had their close games.

you got brady and moss breaking personal records and they were the only team doing it that year

this year 2 teams are undefeated

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

I feel the same way too, when it should be more hype with 2 teams doing it.
That's what I'm saying, like you hear the Saints & Colts talked about time to time & theirs still a chance their could be a SB ft.2 undefeated teams!
pimp.gif

the Pats dominated the league, ran up the score, etc. Plus since 16-0's been done already the feat doesn't seem AS tough anymore (Even tho it def. is)

Originally Posted by JCH3

I think the first reason is because a 16-0 regular season HAS been done before. Obviously not the 19-0 season, but neither team has set the record yet.

Second, the Pats were DESTROYING teams. The Colts and Saints have each had their close games.
Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

you got brady and moss breaking personal records and they were the only team doing it that year

These two posts answer OP's question.

BTW, it's the '07 Patriots...'08 Pats were Cassel and co.
Originally Posted by illmatic34

Personally I think that the 2007 Pats are on a whole 'nother level than these teams. But that's just me.
I agree. That team would have beat the Colts in their game this year.

Yeah but remember their was a couple games when they really Should've lost, like for Ex. The Ravens game when J. Gaffney arguably didn'tmake that catch inbounds. Not hating but just saying.

A recent article I read talked about seeing the Pats match the Dolphins on the perfect regular season, it makes the feat less special, therefore... This timeit isn't as big a deal? I mean that's just one person's theory but we'll see if either team finishes, which the Pats of course failed to do.

They broke out the Mercury Morris freestyle on Sportscenter today so it's gotta be getting some well known recognition.
laugh.gif

the 2007 patriots dominated teams most of the season, besides the ravens, eagles, and week 17 giants game they really weren't challenged at all that seasonaside from the super bowl.

like others said prior to 2007 the closest a team had ever got as 13-0 so once the patriots got to 14-0 they were the first team since the 1972 dolphins toeven do that.

if either of these teams goes undefeated and wins the super bowl i guarentee you it will be talked about and it will be hyped up and that team will get therecogintion it deserves but as of now with what happened with the patriots in 2007 i guess you can say everyones taking a wait and see approach with how thesaints and colts finish.

i think its because the pats went undefeated during the regular season just a little bit ago....

Originally Posted by DSK aka iLLoQuent

Personally I think that the 2007 Pats are on a whole 'nother level than these teams. But that's just me.
No question about it. The ONLY weakness that team might have had would've been RB.
Originally Posted by jerseymizzle

Originally Posted by RoOk

That's what I'm saying, like you hear the Saints & Colts talked about time to time & theirs still a chance their could be a SB ft. 2 undefeated teams!
pimp.gif
but there isn't any hype to that at all, because you know somebody's going undefeated at that point.
I agree with this as well. I do NOT want to see both teams go undefeated. I think ESPN handicapped this happening (NO and IND undefeated in SuperBowl) around 3% or something like that. Too many hurdles for each team to get over IMO.

Yeah but remember their was a couple games when they really Should've lost, like for Ex. The Ravens game when J. Gaffney arguably didn't make that catch inbounds. Not hating but just saying.
I remember watching that game very vividly. Didn't one of the Ravens throw one of the penalty flags in this game? I don't know why iremember that, but I can't find a vid anywhere.
laugh.gif

I hope both teams go undefeated into the Super Bowl. Like others said, it's 2 teams and perfect regular season just happened not long ago.

Originally Posted by DSK aka iLLoQuent

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

These two posts answer OP's question.

BTW, it's the '07 Patriots...'08 Pats were Cassel and co.

cosign all this

Imo, same reason why Barry Bonds' chase for the hr record wasn't as hyped as McGuire and Sosa's run for the record, because it had already beendone in recent memory.

Originally Posted by Frank 7he T4nk

Imo, same reason why Barry Bonds' chase for the hr record wasn't as hyped as McGuire and Sosa's run for the record, because it had already been done in recent memory.

you said excactly what i was going to type

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

I think it's because the Patriots were destroying their opponents weekly. Were there more than two games in which the Pats were pushed to the brink?

Agreed. The Ravens had them tho...damn PI call SMH...

Originally Posted by ClevelandsPrince23

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Agreed. The Ravens had them tho...damn PI call SMH...
off the top of my head, it was the ravens, eagles, and giants who took us to the brink during the regular season

Because the Saints' D is getting ran by mediocre/low level teams and the Colts are winning by 3-4 every week.
laugh.gif

Yeah but remember their was a couple games when they really Should've lost, like for Ex. The Ravens game when J. Gaffney arguably didn't make that catch inbounds. Not hating but just saying.

Wasn't that like week 15?

Back
Top Bottom