This year unbeatens compared to 2008 Patriots..

Originally Posted by YO GetOFFmyKickZ

who cares... we dont need all the hype/attention.. Peyton gets enough of that on his own..
laugh.gif

but to answer your question.. i think its due to the fact that when the patriots were on the verge of doing so... only 1 other team had done it before.. (BEARS).. now that its been the BEARS and Patriots to do so... guess its no longer as exciting..

oh and BTW.. Colts will go undefeated.. best believe were taking it all the way to the SB as well..
pimp.gif
Try again.

who cares... we dont need all the hype/attention.. Peyton gets enough of that on his own..
laugh.gif

but to answer your question.. i think its due to the fact that when the patriots were on the verge of doing so... only 1 other team had done it before.. (Bears).. now that its been the Bears and Patriots to do so... guess its no longer as exciting..

oh and BTW.. Colts will go undefeated.. best believe were taking it all the way to the SB as well..
pimp.gif
Where in the hell did you come up with the Bears going undefeated? The only team to do that before the Patriots was the Dolphins, and they wentall the way and won the Super Bowl.

The reason I think the Patriots got alot more attention is simple, they were the new hot team to root for at the time. They had the glamore boy QB, the hardnosed coach, basically by that point after they had won a few super bowls, alot of fairweather fans jumped on the bandwagon. I am not trying to take anythingaway from them saying they weren't deserving, but they became like the Cowboys of old were. This year I am surprised the Colts aren't getting alot ofhype, but I don't think many people have hoped on either of these teams bandwagon just yet like the hype was surrounding the Patriots.

Originally Posted by DangerousG

laugh.gif

but to answer your question.. i think its due to the fact that when the patriots were on the verge of doing so... only 1 other team had done it before..
(BEARS).. now that its been the BEARS and Patriots to do so... guess its no longer as exciting..

pimp.gif
Try again.

Yea i was hoping i wasnt the only one that caught this
smh.gif
dude said it twice with confidence

But yea back to the subject, I noticed this as well.. But I feel like New England was just so much more dominating... Moss is/was the best receiver in the gameplus he set the record for TDs... Brady is/was the best QB in the game and he also set the record for Tds...

It was also the first time we have seen something like that since 1972..... I believe both the Saints and Colts can be beaten before the superbowl... that yearthe Pats were pretty much a lock for the superbowl

It's mostly what you guys said.. but you're a bit crazy if you think Boston being a better market to sell than Indy or NO isn't a part of it also.

Like others have said, the Patriot's drive for a perfect season got a lot of attention because it had not been done since 1972 and it had never beendone in a 16 game season.

In sports, the older the record that is broken the more noteworthy it is (unless it is by a wide margin).

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

Like others have said, the Patriot's drive for a perfect season got a lot of attention because it had not been done since 1972 and it had never been done in a 16 game season.

In sports, the older the record that is broken the more noteworthy it is (unless it is by a wide margin).
hit the nail on the head

laugh.gif

but to answer your question.. i think its due to the fact that when the patriots were on the verge of doing so... only 1 other team had done it before.. (Bears).. now that its been the Bears and Patriots to do so... guess its no longer as exciting..

pimp.gif
The BEARS?! Clueless, pathetic, and a disgrace to sports fans.

Originally Posted by DangerousG

laugh.gif

but to answer your question.. i think its due to the fact that when the patriots were on the verge of doing so... only 1 other team had done it before.. (BEARS).. now that its been the BEARS and Patriots to do so... guess its no longer as exciting..

pimp.gif
Try again.
roll.gif
roll.gif

Avy + reply made a great combo.

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
The Bears never went undefeated, I think you meant to say the Dolphins. You also have to take into account the Pats accomplished this feat just 2seasons ago, there isn't the same typle of novelty when it happens so soon again. Remember when Barry Bonds hit 73*? It didn't draw as much media chaosas McGwires 70*.

All the reasons above but if either if these two finish the job and win it all undefeated they will be seen as better than the 07 Pats, even though that teamwas a top 5 of all time in my opinion. All about getting that ring

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

the 2007 patriots dominated teams most of the season, besides the ravens, eagles, and week 17 giants game they really weren't challenged at all that season aside from the super bowl.
Colts only lost by 4 and were ahead most of the game.

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

I think it's because the Patriots were destroying their opponents weekly. Were there more than two games in which the Pats were pushed to the brink?

Yup, the Colts and Saints squeak by opponents.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
Where in the hell did you come up with the Bears going undefeated? The only team to do that before the Patriots was the Dolphins, and they went all the way and won the Super Bowl.

The reason I think the Patriots got alot more attention is simple, they were the new hot team to root for at the time. They had the glamore boy QB, the hard nosed coach, basically by that point after they had won a few super bowls, alot of fairweather fans jumped on the bandwagon. I am not trying to take anything away from them saying they weren't deserving, but they became like the Cowboys of old were. This year I am surprised the Colts aren't getting alot of hype, but I don't think many people have hoped on either of these teams bandwagon just yet like the hype was surrounding the Patriots.
pimp.gif

Because, they arent destroying EVERYBODY except the G Men
pimp.gif
(im a Giants fan,btw)

cause the pats were breaking records left and right...but too bad they didnt break none in the superbowl where it mattered
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

it would be nice to see both undefeated teams in the superbowl for the battle of the unbeaten

Frank 7he T4nk wrote:
Imo, same reason why Barry Bonds' chase for the hr record wasn't as hyped as McGuire and Sosa's run for the record, because it had already been done in recent memory.

The Pats were smashing teams right? These 2 teams have had a couple of lucky Wins..

Originally Posted by illmatic34

Personally I think that the 2008 Pats are on a whole 'nother level than these teams. But that's just me.

I couldn't agree more. Neither the Colts or Saints have been accused of cheating.

The 07/Undefeated Pats werent the team accused of Spygate. The previous teams, specifically the first Super Bowl team in the AFC Title game was. That storycame out like week 1 or before week 1 of the 07 season, I believe.

Originally Posted by bjm5295

The 07/Undefeated Pats werent the team accused of Spygate. The previous teams, specifically the first Super Bowl team in the AFC Title game was. That story came out like week 1 or before week 1 of the 07 season, I believe.
you can excuse him, bjm. he's blinded by some misplaced sense of anger/ignorance

The 07/Undefeated Pats werent the team accused of Spygate. The previous teams, specifically the first Super Bowl team in the AFC Title game was. That story came out like week 1 or before week 1 of the 07 season, I believe.

They got caught by the Jets after week 1. They had been doing since Belichick got there.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

you can excuse him, bjm. he's blinded by some misplaced sense of anger/ignorance
Brady must have fingered his sister or somethin', with the way he brings that agenda everywhere...

Back
Top Bottom