Those Are Some Strong Words

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

this is a dope thread in the making...i'll try and find something to contribute later...
Did you find anything?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

this is a dope thread in the making...i'll try and find something to contribute later...
Did you find anything?
laugh.gif

I am a Patriots fan but I have to give credit where credit is due. This was a great post game interview.

I am a Patriots fan but I have to give credit where credit is due. This was a great post game interview.

Bill Clinton and John Stewart just killed them. Always fun to watch.

I know this is from a movie but I always enjoyed it:

Bill Clinton and John Stewart just killed them. Always fun to watch.

I know this is from a movie but I always enjoyed it:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000093/
Lt. Aldo Raine:My name is Lt. Aldo Raine and I'm putting together a special team, and I need me eight soldiers. Eight Jewish-American soldiers. Now, y'all might've heard rumors about the armada happening soon. Well, we'll be leaving a little earlier. We're gonna be dropped into France, dressed as civilians. And once we're in enemy territory, as a bushwhackin' guerrilla army, we're gonna be doin' one thing and one thing only... killin' Nazis. Now, I don't know about y'all, but I sure as hell didn't come down from the goddamn Smoky Mountains, cross five thousand miles of water, fight my way through half of Sicily and jump out of a freakin' air-o-plane to teach the Nazis lessons in humanity. Nazi ain't got no humanity. They're the foot soldiers of a Jew-hatin', mass murderin' maniac and they need to be dee-stroyed. That's why any and every every son of a b we find wearin' a Nazi uniform, they're gonna die. Now, I'm the direct descendant of the mountain man Jim Bridger. That means I got a little Injun in me. And our battle plan will be that of an Apache resistance. We will be cruel to the Germans, and through our cruelty they will know who we are. And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered, and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us. And the German won't not be able to help themselves but to imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands, and our boot heels, and the edge of our knives. And the German will be sickened by us, and the German will talk about us, and the German will fear us. And when the German closes their eyes at night and they're tortured by their subconscious for the evil they have done, it will be with thoughts of us they are tortured with. Sound good?
The Basterds:YES, SIR!
Lt. Aldo Raine:That's what I like to hear. But I got a word of warning for all you would-be warriors. When you join my command, you take on debit. A debit you owe me personally. Each and every man under my command owes me one hundred Nazi scalps. And I want my scalps. And all y'all will git me one hundred Nazi scalps, taken from the heads of one hundred dead Nazis. Or you will die tryin'.
[h3]Matrix Reloaded: Purpose Speech by Agent Smith[/h3]
Agent Smith: Mr Anderson! You get my package?

The One: Yeah.

Agent Smith: Well good. Surprised to see me?

The One: No.

Agent Smith: Then your aware of it.

The One: Of What?

Agent Smith: Our Connection.
I don’t fully understand how it how it happened.
Perhaps some part of you imprinted on to me, something overwritten or copied.
It is at this point irrelevant. What matters is that whatever happened happened for a reason.

The One: And what reason is that?

Agent Smith: I killed you Mr. Anderson, I watched you die. With a certain satisfaction I might add.
And then something happened, something that I knew was impossible, but it happened it anyway.
You destroyed me, Mr. Anderson.
Afterward, I knew the rules, I understood what I was supposed to do. But I didn’t. I couldn’t.
I was compelled to stay. Compelled to disobey.
And now I here stand, because of you, Mr. Anderson.
Because of you I am no longer an agent of the system.
Because of you I’ve changed, I’m unplugged, a new man, so to speak.
Like you, Apparently Free.

The One: Congratulations.

Agent Smith: Thank You.

But, as you well know, appearances can be deceiving.
Which brings me back to the reason why we’re here.

We’re not here because we’re free, we’re here because we’re not free.
There’s no escaping reason. No denying purpose.
Because as we both know, without purpose … we would not exist.

It is purpose that created us.
Purpose that connects us.
Purpose that pulls us.
That guides us.
That drives us!
It is purpose that defines us.
Purpose that binds us.

We are here because of you Mr. Anderson.
We’re to take from you what you tried to take from us.
PURPOSE!
Morpheus: I believe it is our fate to be here. It is our destiny. I believe this night holds, for each and every one of us, the very meaning of our lives. This is a war and we are soldiers. What if tomorrow the war could be over? Isn't that worth fighting for? Isn't that worth dying for?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000093/
Lt. Aldo Raine:My name is Lt. Aldo Raine and I'm putting together a special team, and I need me eight soldiers. Eight Jewish-American soldiers. Now, y'all might've heard rumors about the armada happening soon. Well, we'll be leaving a little earlier. We're gonna be dropped into France, dressed as civilians. And once we're in enemy territory, as a bushwhackin' guerrilla army, we're gonna be doin' one thing and one thing only... killin' Nazis. Now, I don't know about y'all, but I sure as hell didn't come down from the goddamn Smoky Mountains, cross five thousand miles of water, fight my way through half of Sicily and jump out of a freakin' air-o-plane to teach the Nazis lessons in humanity. Nazi ain't got no humanity. They're the foot soldiers of a Jew-hatin', mass murderin' maniac and they need to be dee-stroyed. That's why any and every every son of a b we find wearin' a Nazi uniform, they're gonna die. Now, I'm the direct descendant of the mountain man Jim Bridger. That means I got a little Injun in me. And our battle plan will be that of an Apache resistance. We will be cruel to the Germans, and through our cruelty they will know who we are. And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered, and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us. And the German won't not be able to help themselves but to imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands, and our boot heels, and the edge of our knives. And the German will be sickened by us, and the German will talk about us, and the German will fear us. And when the German closes their eyes at night and they're tortured by their subconscious for the evil they have done, it will be with thoughts of us they are tortured with. Sound good?
The Basterds:YES, SIR!
Lt. Aldo Raine:That's what I like to hear. But I got a word of warning for all you would-be warriors. When you join my command, you take on debit. A debit you owe me personally. Each and every man under my command owes me one hundred Nazi scalps. And I want my scalps. And all y'all will git me one hundred Nazi scalps, taken from the heads of one hundred dead Nazis. Or you will die tryin'.
[h3]Matrix Reloaded: Purpose Speech by Agent Smith[/h3]
Agent Smith: Mr Anderson! You get my package?

The One: Yeah.

Agent Smith: Well good. Surprised to see me?

The One: No.

Agent Smith: Then your aware of it.

The One: Of What?

Agent Smith: Our Connection.
I don’t fully understand how it how it happened.
Perhaps some part of you imprinted on to me, something overwritten or copied.
It is at this point irrelevant. What matters is that whatever happened happened for a reason.

The One: And what reason is that?

Agent Smith: I killed you Mr. Anderson, I watched you die. With a certain satisfaction I might add.
And then something happened, something that I knew was impossible, but it happened it anyway.
You destroyed me, Mr. Anderson.
Afterward, I knew the rules, I understood what I was supposed to do. But I didn’t. I couldn’t.
I was compelled to stay. Compelled to disobey.
And now I here stand, because of you, Mr. Anderson.
Because of you I am no longer an agent of the system.
Because of you I’ve changed, I’m unplugged, a new man, so to speak.
Like you, Apparently Free.

The One: Congratulations.

Agent Smith: Thank You.

But, as you well know, appearances can be deceiving.
Which brings me back to the reason why we’re here.

We’re not here because we’re free, we’re here because we’re not free.
There’s no escaping reason. No denying purpose.
Because as we both know, without purpose … we would not exist.

It is purpose that created us.
Purpose that connects us.
Purpose that pulls us.
That guides us.
That drives us!
It is purpose that defines us.
Purpose that binds us.

We are here because of you Mr. Anderson.
We’re to take from you what you tried to take from us.
PURPOSE!
Morpheus: I believe it is our fate to be here. It is our destiny. I believe this night holds, for each and every one of us, the very meaning of our lives. This is a war and we are soldiers. What if tomorrow the war could be over? Isn't that worth fighting for? Isn't that worth dying for?

Thanks for reminding me about that scene from The Pursuit of Happiness.
Such an amazing movie and book. I'm still kicking myself for missing out on the opportunity to meet Chris Gardner

Thanks for reminding me about that scene from The Pursuit of Happiness.
Such an amazing movie and book. I'm still kicking myself for missing out on the opportunity to meet Chris Gardner

Back
Top Bottom