Thoughts on Non-Blacks Using the N Word (Video) - feat LowKeyUHtn

Im black and that *+# has never bothered me. It doesn't mean the same thing. It's plain as day  ga' and ger' 

Im black and that *+# has never bothered me. It doesn't mean the same thing. It's plain as day  ga' and ger' 

Originally Posted by wHo NicE as HiM

well i actually shot this video about a month ago, i was intrigued by the surety of v-nasty's tone.
i had a convo with her the other day, and she got DEEP...i had to respect what she said

video 

233 posts in less than 6 days tho
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by wHo NicE as HiM

well i actually shot this video about a month ago, i was intrigued by the surety of v-nasty's tone.
i had a convo with her the other day, and she got DEEP...i had to respect what she said

video 

233 posts in less than 6 days tho
eek.gif
laugh.gif

A friend of mine, Astrologer Ken Dickerson who passed away in January and was a columnist for a magazine wrote a article in the  magazine on this topic. THe article is also online . It turns out he thinks some people who are called the N - Word by others but are not black get overjoyed and excited about it.In my opinion I think he's right .Here in  NY every race uses that word I hear mostly spanish people using it all the time , including blacks and some whites. THey seem to like it and they seem to like being acknowledged as a N - Word. Part of Ken's article listed below.

[h2]The N-Word! How Things Have Changed[/h2]
Boy how things have changed it seems like we in society today have gone from the sublime to the ridiculous or is it the other around. At one time a certain race was known as the N-word race and they did not like being called the N-word. But things have changed check this out and we see it every where in young people today. Check this out, it’s something we see everywhere in young people today.

I saw about 4 or 5 young white boys walking down the street here in Manhattan one evening. One of the boys pealed off to the right starting to cross the street and he said to the others “Man I’m going homeâ€

A friend of mine, Astrologer Ken Dickerson who passed away in January and was a columnist for a magazine wrote a article in the  magazine on this topic. THe article is also online . It turns out he thinks some people who are called the N - Word by others but are not black get overjoyed and excited about it.In my opinion I think he's right .Here in  NY every race uses that word I hear mostly spanish people using it all the time , including blacks and some whites. THey seem to like it and they seem to like being acknowledged as a N - Word. Part of Ken's article listed below.

[h2]The N-Word! How Things Have Changed[/h2]
Boy how things have changed it seems like we in society today have gone from the sublime to the ridiculous or is it the other around. At one time a certain race was known as the N-word race and they did not like being called the N-word. But things have changed check this out and we see it every where in young people today. Check this out, it’s something we see everywhere in young people today.

I saw about 4 or 5 young white boys walking down the street here in Manhattan one evening. One of the boys pealed off to the right starting to cross the street and he said to the others “Man I’m going homeâ€

I hear it so much from the Asians and Hispanics in NYC. Me and my $*+$*! be shocked. To the point we occasionally use the word.

I'm of the mindset that people should ignore the social stigma attached and say it if they feel like it. This topic is more about how do you feel and react to non-blacks saying it cuz aint nobody stopping non-blacks from saying the word or thinking it in a malicious way after a black person gets violent because they heard a non-black use it.

EDIT

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ dude in the fitted saying he don't like ppl who uses the word and then slips it in between all those curse words. Ol ignorant hypocritical %+# !!*%#.

I hear it so much from the Asians and Hispanics in NYC. Me and my $*+$*! be shocked. To the point we occasionally use the word.

I'm of the mindset that people should ignore the social stigma attached and say it if they feel like it. This topic is more about how do you feel and react to non-blacks saying it cuz aint nobody stopping non-blacks from saying the word or thinking it in a malicious way after a black person gets violent because they heard a non-black use it.

EDIT

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ dude in the fitted saying he don't like ppl who uses the word and then slips it in between all those curse words. Ol ignorant hypocritical %+# !!*%#.

I'm not black, but growing up, i would say about 90% of my CLOSE friends were. And from hanging out with them to hooping, the word was always heard and one day i started using it and they were cool with it. As i grew up, i used it a lot in my vocabulary, because i was so used to it being ok to say. But now that i'm older, i try rarely use it if i'm not in a closed environment with my close friends, maybe when listening to a song and going a long with it.

I stopped using it in public because i know other people view it in different ways as i do, and i don't want to offend anyone or make them feel awkward, just as i wouldn't want to feel.

I'm not black, but growing up, i would say about 90% of my CLOSE friends were. And from hanging out with them to hooping, the word was always heard and one day i started using it and they were cool with it. As i grew up, i used it a lot in my vocabulary, because i was so used to it being ok to say. But now that i'm older, i try rarely use it if i'm not in a closed environment with my close friends, maybe when listening to a song and going a long with it.

I stopped using it in public because i know other people view it in different ways as i do, and i don't want to offend anyone or make them feel awkward, just as i wouldn't want to feel.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

!@%% ain't a term of endearment.  Sounding extremely ignorant when trying to explain how the word has been turned around.  You got folks still alive today who went through some tough times back in the 20's, 30's, 40's etc and were degraded to the 1000th degree and treated like !@%% due to their skin color.  Ask them how they felt to be called the N' word....but nah, since the ending changed there's nothing wrong w. it....There's no respect for yourself or anyone who came before you if are saying this on the regular but getting offended when someone of another race says the same thing.
QFT & QFE !!! 
Yep. I think it's disrespectful.

I hate this word more than the c-bomb... (replace the first letter of aunt lol).

It pains me to say it; the only time I do say it is when I'm rapping along to some song.
ohwell.gif
And even then it's only when I'm alone and I still feel gross about it. I need a good replacement word.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

!@%% ain't a term of endearment.  Sounding extremely ignorant when trying to explain how the word has been turned around.  You got folks still alive today who went through some tough times back in the 20's, 30's, 40's etc and were degraded to the 1000th degree and treated like !@%% due to their skin color.  Ask them how they felt to be called the N' word....but nah, since the ending changed there's nothing wrong w. it....There's no respect for yourself or anyone who came before you if are saying this on the regular but getting offended when someone of another race says the same thing.
QFT & QFE !!! 
Yep. I think it's disrespectful.

I hate this word more than the c-bomb... (replace the first letter of aunt lol).

It pains me to say it; the only time I do say it is when I'm rapping along to some song.
ohwell.gif
And even then it's only when I'm alone and I still feel gross about it. I need a good replacement word.

"Me and my people earned the right to say NWord"

indifferent.gif

Goodnight. I'm out.

The word shouldn't be used my anyone period. All this "term of endearment" garbage is bull. I know I'm guilty of using it, but after watching these idiots speak I'm going to make a concerted effort to eliminate the word from my vocabulary.

"Me and my people earned the right to say NWord"

indifferent.gif

Goodnight. I'm out.

The word shouldn't be used my anyone period. All this "term of endearment" garbage is bull. I know I'm guilty of using it, but after watching these idiots speak I'm going to make a concerted effort to eliminate the word from my vocabulary.

As a black man, I never was a fan of the word. I might throw it around in reciting some of my favorite raps tho *shrug*

As a black man, I never was a fan of the word. I might throw it around in reciting some of my favorite raps tho *shrug*

I swear this debate is so stupid.

We fight and argue over a derogatory word that literally means nothing.

There are emotions tagged along w/ the word and that's what causes problems.

When people realize how silly it is to fight over the exclusivity or use of this word, hopefully it'll go away.

I got so many problems, why would I give one damn cause you called me a N?

I swear this debate is so stupid.

We fight and argue over a derogatory word that literally means nothing.

There are emotions tagged along w/ the word and that's what causes problems.

When people realize how silly it is to fight over the exclusivity or use of this word, hopefully it'll go away.

I got so many problems, why would I give one damn cause you called me a N?

Can someone post up that WSHH video of that little white @+!*% going off on some kind of youtube video? He was in the garage talking about he stays in the hood, then proceeds to pan the camera to show that he lives in a cul de sac neighborhood??
laugh.gif

Can someone post up that WSHH video of that little white @+!*% going off on some kind of youtube video? He was in the garage talking about he stays in the hood, then proceeds to pan the camera to show that he lives in a cul de sac neighborhood??
laugh.gif

I can't take a guy with dreads and a lip ring serious. White people shouldn't use the N word, because no matter what it's racist I don't care where you're from, who you know or how many times you've listened to a Lil Wayne album.

I can't take a guy with dreads and a lip ring serious. White people shouldn't use the N word, because no matter what it's racist I don't care where you're from, who you know or how many times you've listened to a Lil Wayne album.

oUIRO.gif
 at this topic. 
laugh.gif

I didn't read any posts yet, so I'll go back after this.....

My stance, if you're (read: Black People) going to degrade yourself and others by using the N-word (in all its forms), then by all means others (read: non-blacks) should be able to do the same. It makes absolutely NO sense for you to be offended when you throw around the word so freely. Why are you offended when a non-Black calls you a N-word or says what's up my N-word? 

You don't walk around with a noose on claiming it's a fashion piece or you're making a cultural statement. 
pimp.gif

*Edit: Have I used the term before? I slip up rarely but when I do I immediately apologize; I also correct those who use it towards me.

oUIRO.gif
 at this topic. 
laugh.gif

I didn't read any posts yet, so I'll go back after this.....

My stance, if you're (read: Black People) going to degrade yourself and others by using the N-word (in all its forms), then by all means others (read: non-blacks) should be able to do the same. It makes absolutely NO sense for you to be offended when you throw around the word so freely. Why are you offended when a non-Black calls you a N-word or says what's up my N-word? 

You don't walk around with a noose on claiming it's a fashion piece or you're making a cultural statement. 
pimp.gif

*Edit: Have I used the term before? I slip up rarely but when I do I immediately apologize; I also correct those who use it towards me.

Back
Top Bottom