Thoughts on the Lizzo twerking at NBA game vol. This Why Rikishi trending

Seeing Lizzo always makes me conjure up the thought that Rikishi had a daughter with a Sister based on her body type and appearance.

Somewhat similar to how Mannie Fresh looks like the result of Bolo Yeung having a son with a Sister.

Given we see her trying, exercising and trying to eat vegan, what's the internet health experts issue with her? That she didn't lose weight instantly?

Typically that's unfair to pick that one scenario and make it the whole, and essentially folks should just admit her fatness bothers you for some reason, but that **** is so egregious i'll allow it.

But then she trolls herself. Cause soon after she's posting a video crying talking about why people keep talking about her weight.

Assuming she is acting in good faith....

Lizzo strikes me as a very smart person that is aware of the jokes made about her. She seems to want to be in on some of the jokes too.

Even if the jokes do get to her sometimes, she wouldn't be able to stop it unless she covered up 100% of the time, and changed her personality

Giving into the critics at too high a cost, so to me it seems like she is doing things she knows that piss off the people that will say **** about her

If they are getting to her, that is her way to get to them

Assuming she is acting in bad faith....

She just wants attention and is it is all a performance online to keep the attention on her

Either way, Lizzo has control of the situation, and the emotions of the people that hate her, way more than they realize.

Because she is a troll

Even if she is a troll that gets her feelings hurt from time to time

Because it's fun to drag on Black women... especial fat Black women. She's an easy target.

She makes herself an easy target.

There have been dozens of fat women in the limelight over the last 40 years that haven't gotten that level of reaction.

She prevents herself as a JOKE and people treat her as such.

She knows what she's doing man.

Last edited:
Becides Lizzo, what other overweight black women get dragged because of their weight?
Nope. Back up. Before we ask that question, we have to recognize that there isn't a large pool of of overweight black celebrity women for us to reference getting dragged.

Roseanne is accepted for what Lizzo gets dragged for.

And I can't stand Lizzo. I'm not caping for her here. But when I saw that question, I can't help but think of someone similarly asking "How many black football coaches get dragged for going for it on 4th and 1? It's not a lot." Right, it's not a lot, because there's not a large pool to pull from.

-foe

Eh - Rosanne doesn't do what Lizzo does.

Matter of fact...I cant think of a single White woman in the history of Whiteness who personifies the worst tropes and stereotypes of White women and presents this caricature to Black folks for personal profit.

This has nothing to do with "Black Women".

"Black Women" have NOTHING to do with this.

Last edited:
She makes herself an easy target.

There have been dozens of fat women in the limelight over the last 40 years that haven't gotten that level of reaction.

She prevents herself as a JOKE and people treat her as such.

She knows what she's doing man.
I mean she loves to shake her *** and eat weird foods? So what? There's plenty of celebs that do dumb **** on the internet.

I just don't get the fascination with constantly belittling her just cause she's fat.

Nope. Back up. Before we ask that question, we have to recognize that there isn't a large pool of of overweight black celebrity women for us to reference getting dragged.

Roseanne is accepted for what Lizzo gets dragged for.

And I can't stand Lizzo. I'm not caping for her here. But when I saw that question, I can't help but think of someone similarly asking "How many black football coaches get dragged for going for it on 4th and 1? It's not a lot." Right, it's not a lot, because there's not a large pool to pull from.

-foe
Actually, there is a large (no pun intended) pool to pull from. Oprah, Nell Carter, Monique, Octavia Spencer ( one of my favorite actresses), Danielle Brooks, Gabourey Sidibe, Aretha Franklin, Queen Latifa, and Amber Riley ( those are the ones off the top of my head). I've heard discussions about Gabourey's weight but I was not in the same context as Lizzo. Furthermore none of those celebrities that i named carry/carried themselves as Lizzo does. Lizzo makes the issue of her weight front and center and is apart of the "body positivity" movement. Her wounds are self inflicted.

And the Roseanne comparison is a reach. One is a "comedian" and the other is a musician. Two very different lanes.

Back
Top Bottom