Tim Hardaway's crossover the GOAT?

I'm an old head, so I always saw Iverson's cross as a carry, and can't stand to see young cats rocking it on the court now. it looks like cheatingto these old eyes. Hardaway FTW, IMO.

That AI cross on Jordan was def. a carry.... lol.
But if I was reffing that game I wouldn't have called it either.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jolyonwagg

I'm an old head, so I always saw Iverson's cross as a carry, and can't stand to see young cats rocking it on the court now. it looks like cheating to these old eyes. Hardaway FTW, IMO.

Co-sign. I go with Hardaway as well just because there's no doubt its a legit, legal move.

UTEP 2 Step
pimp.gif

TBug was my cousin's favorite player back when he was with the W's...That crossover was his go-to move also
laugh.gif

I'm an old head, so I always saw Iverson's cross as a carry, and can't stand to see young cats rocking it on the court now. it looks like cheating to these old eyes. Hardaway FTW, IMO.

I agree with you...... AI carries all the time with that cross
Tim Hardaway's cross was a thing if beauty...... My favorite move to use when hooping

The real knowledgeable cats know that Iverson was actually taught that crossover by a bench player from Washington DC while atGeorgetown. DC guys have one of the wickedest crossovers, like Louis Bullock who is from that area. I seen him in person cross a guy so bad that the guy fellflat on his chest.

I'm not from DC but I played all around the nation and when I think of DC I think of that extra wide sick crossover.

Iverson's crossover isn't even legal; it's easy to see that he palms the ball like he's in an And 1 commercial while Tim Hardaway'scrossover is actually performed within the rules of the game.

Timmy #1 by a mile!

Id say it is the goat. on a fast break if someone could do it that quick its damn near impossible to stay infront of them.

Tim definitely the first; Iverson definitely the most revolutionary. I don't think in today's game Tim's would work well, though; same move everytime, and IMO it's hard to beat people just with pure speed without deception (off the bounce)...at least against people who can play D, anyway.

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

Tim definitely the first; Iverson definitely the most revolutionary. I don't think in today's game Tim's would work well, though; same move every time, and IMO it's hard to beat people just with pure speed without deception (off the bounce)...at least against people who can play D, anyway.
Wait, I think you have it backwards. Speed always wins; deception can be overcome. I admit, some people with ridiculous crosses get me the first fewtimes, but after a while it's just a set-up. I'm definitely not saying it's easy to defend, but tricks are tricks; raw speed or strength can'tbe beat. Give me Timmy's crossover-- yes, again and again-- over Iverson's quasi-carry any day. Just my opinion.

tim's killer crossover is more impressive to me than iversons. everybody and they momma tries to do iverson's syle but most just end up palming theball without realizing it. tim's takes more skill. on the other hand, iverson can do any move and make it look nice cause dude is quick as hell.

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

Tim definitely the first; Iverson definitely the most revolutionary. I don't think in today's game Tim's would work well, though; same move every time, and IMO it's hard to beat people just with pure speed without deception (off the bounce)...at least against people who can play D, anyway.

You seem to forget that in Hardaway's prime days defense was playd about 2.3 million times better than it is today. And he still blew by dudes likethey were standing stil.

my top 5 cross's in no order are all about the same to me...each of these players could catch just about anyone....AI prolly the best though...

AI
Shamgod
White Choclate
Crawford (the slink slow *#+ left to right cross is devastating)
Hardaway

Originally Posted by Guppetto

Iverson's crossover isn't even legal; it's easy to see that he palms the ball like he's in an And 1 commercial while Tim Hardaway's crossover is actually performed within the rules of the game.

Timmy #1 by a mile!
Originally Posted by lawdog1

Co-sign. I go with Hardaway as well just because there's no doubt its a legit, legal move.
smh.gif
smh.gif
The real knowledgeable cats know that Iverson was actually taught that crossover by a bench player from Washington DC while at Georgetown. DC guys have one of the wickedest crossovers, like Louis Bullock who is from that area. I seen him in person cross a guy so bad that the guy fell flat on his chest.

I'm not from DC but I played all around the nation and when I think of DC I think of that extra wide sick crossover.

Co-sign....On everything....

But sometimes....Them dude try to cross too much....

But yeah....Timmy's cross was
sick.gif

Tim Hardawy had the best cross ever no question.

Others have had nice looking ones but Tim's was the most in game effective

Originally Posted by M00DSWING7

That AI cross on Jordan was def. a carry.... lol.
But if I was reffing that game I wouldn't have called it either.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom