Tim Tebow switched to starter for Denver (1st playoff win) Do you believe?

Originally Posted by onewearz

the youtube comments in these vids have me in tears
laugh.gif

eek.gif
mercy
roll.gif
roll.gif

I dont get the entire thought process either of if you dont think Tebow isn't a very good QB that you are a hater.

It's pretty proven that he's good at rallying his team in the closing moments and has a great leadership qualities although goofy... but a QB good or bad has to have some level of consistency throughout the game not just the last 5 minutes of a game.

I truly believe its come to a point that the folks playing WITH and AGAINST Tebow believe God is on his side and these are impacting the way they play cause the dude is a great athlete but QB is questionable still.

Not sure why that assessment makes people a hater.

*crickets*

Knowing DAMN well or if the Denver Tebows had won, 3 more pages in this thread from his fan club, no doubt.
laugh.gif

Bunch of these prisoners of the moment are sitting in solitary confinement like:

And ESPN, MY GOODNESS. I haven't heard them mention Tim Tebow one time all day, unless it's the actual Patriots/Broncos highlight. That's it. I am amaze.
laugh.gif

I'm still rooting for the guy, but less media coverage will probably be best for him, Broncos, and everyone else in the world

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

*crickets*

Knowing DAMN well or if the Denver Tebows had won, 3 more pages in this thread from his fan club, no doubt.
laugh.gif

Bunch of these prisoners of the moment are sitting in solitary confinement like:

And ESPN, MY GOODNESS. I haven't heard them mention Tim Tebow one time all day, unless it's the actual Patriots/Broncos highlight. That's it. I am amaze.
laugh.gif
What is it that you exactly want people to say? That they lost to a team that was a touchdown favorite? This is only a story because of the improbably way that they were constantly winning after being an underdog in every game that he started, thus far.

Divisive stories like these are the most annoying because people from both sides are over the top reactionary on both sides of the coin because of a perceived abundance of love/hate from the opposing point of view.

First off, the Denver Broncos beat other… no, scratch that… Tim Tebow by himself with no help from anyone else beat other teams that were favored. And yet, despite being underdogs, there was this unheard of, inexplicable 6-game winning streak.

Second, what do I want people to say? Nothing, and that's what they're saying. That's my point. Before, there was tons of chatter about the greatness of Tim Tebow. The fact that there is been less than a half a dozen responses in here since the game ended yesterday is exactly as it should be.
smile.gif

Third, I hope when you talk of 'reactionary over-the-top responses', you're not talking about my previous reply.
laugh.gif

Let yesterday and the misery of the loss that still lingers todday be a reality check to any and all Tebow lovers out there.  He might be good enough to beat the bad teams, but simply NOT good enough to beat the good teams.

Are folks in here still saying Tim Tebow is a better QB than Cam Newton? Anyone bold enough to stand by that today?

He lost, that is a fact. The D didn't show up like it has been and the offense made costly turnovers. But to say he all of sudden sucks now and this is how it should have been is just foolish. The guy is still a quality athlete with tons of potential and the will become a star. He's different and just like in every other aspect of life people don't like different. So of course he's going to garner a lot of hate and speculators. But I know there was a lot of people worried that first quarter and a half because that team looked really strong and capable of taking down a giant. But once again they made mistakes and didn't have their main running back at 100%

So just like everyone said last week, if Chicago would have had Forte and Cutler they would have beat Denver.

Well if Denver hadn't lost McGahee for all that time during the game and hadn't turned the ball over three times they would have beat the Patriots. (statements like that go both ways)

And Ochocinco got his courtesy TD of the year. He'll go back to nothingness next week.

No matter what team it is, you turn the ball over in your territory 3x against the Patriots you're not going to win

It seems two different points are being argued. And neither side is paying attention to what the other is saying. Who does Denver have next week?

Denver will win both of those games.

Tebow didn't even have a bad game, almost 200 yards throwing and almost 100 rushing....fumbles and special teams destroyed them in the 2nd quarter, and they were in their own territory too.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Tebow didn't even have a bad game, almost 200 yards throwing and almost 100 rushing....fumbles and special teams destroyed them in the 2nd quarter, and they were in their own territory too.
He had 80 something yards passing after three quarters. The majority of his passing yards came once the game was out of hand. I don't think his numbers show how much the Patriots Defense dominated after the first quarter.

Don't worry though, just like clockwork our national media for this most part this morning either, a) ignored the game recap altogether or b) propped the "blame" on Tebow's teammates.

Just a shocking I mean shocking thing to see.

I feel bad for the guy and always have.

jc619er:
The D didn't show up like it has been and the offense made costly turnovers.
So someone who is sick of all the Tebow hype points out that Tim Tebow had nothing to do with Barber's fumble, and it wasn't Tebow that kicked the field goal to send it to overtime or the field goal to win the game, that person is quoted and laughed at and labeled a hater. But then when the Broncos lose, now we can point at the D not showing up & the offense's turnovers (and we're not calling them Tebow's turnovers; they were the offense's, together). Got it.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by epox12

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

He had 80 something yards passing after three quarters. The majority of his passing yards came once the game was out of hand. I don't think his numbers show how much the Patriots Defense dominated after the first quarter.
True, I still think they should have gone for it on 4th and short to try to get the 7 instead of the 3 early on.

jc619er:
The D didn't show up like it has been and the offense made costly turnovers.
So someone who is sick of all the Tebow hype points out that Tim Tebow had nothing to do with Barber's fumble, and it wasn't Tebow that kicked the field goal to send it to overtime or the field goal to win the game, that person is quoted and laughed at and labeled a hater. But then when the Broncos lose, now we can point at the D not showing up & the offense's turnovers (and we're not calling them Tebow's turnovers; they were the offense's, together). Got it.
smile.gif

Last I checked Tebow only fumbled once. And yes his D didn't show up in the end and he made a mistake. Like I said in my whole post those statements go both ways on both sides. My point was that now that he's lost everyone wants to jump on that he's the worst thing ever and it's all hype and blah, blah, blah. He's a quality athlete that has amazing potential but once again he's different so people can't figure it out and want to hate it and say that it's bad. That's what I don't get.

*crickets*

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Of course it would have been 3 more pages.  The Broncos won 4 games all of last year, they are not a good team.  It actually humorous to me that they had won all these games in a row.  It was one of the longest win streaks of any team this entire season. 

The Broncos still sit in 1st place in their division.  It was one game, ya'll dudes always overreact, word to people calling the Packers frauds because they lost one game. 

Back
Top Bottom