Tips of travelling USA for a Aussie.

When you come to NYC u gotta hit the pick houses and da south bronx 

trust me

But on the real let me break down the West Coast aspect of your trip.

Fly into San Francisco, get a rental. Hit the hipster market, walk around the city. They have all sorts of organic foods. You won't be disappointed. Hit the bridge. Don't go to a Giant's game.

Depending on the guap you can either fly into LA or take a train. I don't know how you fellas down under roll but you can't loose doing either.

As soon as your in LA you wanna start at the top. Hit Malibu, get some dinner by then beach, Then go to Santa Monica,

walk the pier. Then hit Beverly Hills after, get a little window shopping done. Hit Venis Beach and get your medical marijuana card for $40 and get on Piffy's level. Mad hoodies in Venis too. Go to a club in Hollyweird. Catch a Laker/Clipper game. Catch a Dodger game. Stay away from Anaheim or the OC in general. You can catch hepatitis Z at an Angels game.

must do:

Inn N Out

Roscoes Chicken N Waffles

Prosti**** on Long Beach Blvd.

Experiment Rhino

Sam's Hofbrau (trust me)

Bro, your reply is the best one so far, i like everything you stated. Thanks, now that sounds like a holiday haha

When you come to NYC u gotta hit the pick houses and da south bronx 

trust me

I do love my hip hop so i would like too, are my jays safe? i am white....lol
roll.gif

On a serious note someone made a thread akin to this one and think my response to him is applicable to you as well

So here it goes  
Come to da Bronx 
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Srsly though 

Hit Central Park for sure

Try to use the subway system as much as possible for the experience as well as to save money.

Word to HOV

Yellow cab,  gypsy cab,  dollar cab,  holla back
For foreigners it ain't fair, they act like they forgot how to add

Taxi drivers can smell tourists from a mile away dont get raped b

Also try to make it out to places beyond 96th street to really catch the multicultural vibe.

Also hit flightclub just to look its kind of like a museum in its own right even though the prices are outrageious 

Take a ferry

Get you some good street meat 

Last edited:
been to the usa 3 times in the last 3 years. Best thing to do is wing it.

LA, well downtown LA is a waste of time. Like others said go to San Fran.

Texas is great, spent 7 days in Austin and loved every minute there, the food is amazing!!

Most time you need is for NYC. 4 days is not enough and you don't want to be rushed. I spend at least a week if not more each time i've been and still continue to discover more sights.

Someone mentioned Nebraska, I actually went there (Lincoln & Omaha), fun times. Great college town where you will have heaps of fun.

Being an aussie, everyone will love you!! If you're single, even better! You'll have a smorgas board of choices.

I fly southwest when going across the USA, cheap and baggage is included. If you want to be extra cheap, try Megabus. 

Depending on your availability and if you like thrill rides, make sure you hit up a theme park. Theres Six Flags parks around the whole country. ***** all over what we have in the Gold Coast. Best theme park is Cedar Point in Sandusky. Out of the way but worth the visit!!

If you stuck on accommodation, try Couchsurfing. Its all I do when i'm there, get to meet locals and they can show you the best sights, bars etc. Nothing better than local knowledge.

Also remember to tip!!

If you want to know anything else, let me know. I'll help where i can

Just found out i need too apply for a temporary visa due too a conviction on my record. Il get the visa cos its hardly anything serious but the waiting period can be up too 6 mths so may as well lock the thread up

been to the usa 3 times in the last 3 years. Best thing to do is wing it.

LA, well downtown LA is a waste of time. Like others said go to San Fran.

Texas is great, spent 7 days in Austin and loved every minute there, the food is amazing!!

Most time you need is for NYC. 4 days is not enough and you don't want to be rushed. I spend at least a week if not more each time i've been and still continue to discover more sights.

Someone mentioned Nebraska, I actually went there (Lincoln & Omaha), fun times. Great college town where you will have heaps of fun.

Being an aussie, everyone will love you!! If you're single, even better! You'll have a smorgas board of choices.

I fly southwest when going across the USA, cheap and baggage is included. If you want to be extra cheap, try Megabus. 

Depending on your availability and if you like thrill rides, make sure you hit up a theme park. Theres Six Flags parks around the whole country. ***** all over what we have in the Gold Coast. Best theme park is Cedar Point in Sandusky. Out of the way but worth the visit!!

If you stuck on accommodation, try Couchsurfing. Its all I do when i'm there, get to meet locals and they can show you the best sights, bars etc. Nothing better than local knowledge.

Also remember to tip!!

If you want to know anything else, let me know. I'll help where i can

Thanks bro. That is great help. I keep tellin ppl i just want too wing it n only have accommodation booked, u just made me decide thats how ill do it.

Thanks bro. That is great help. I keep tellin ppl i just want too wing it n only have accommodation booked, u just made me decide thats how ill do it.
that's the thing, if you plan too much you will be disappointed when you cant go somewhere or do something cause you have to stick to your schedule.

Thats how i ended up in Nebraska. Met some people from there the first day in the USA in San Fran and kept in contact during my trip. 5 weeks later i was staying with them in Lincoln. Total strangers prior to meeting them and now they are one of my best friends.

Sorry to hear bout the conviction and visa stuff. Friends have had the same troubles and Canada is worse, they won't allow you in if you've had a DUI. You don't realise how much that stuff comes back to haunt you years down the track. Hope all goes well and you can get to the USA.

Last edited:
Thanks mate. Yeh it def came back too haunt me. Il get there though. Sounds like my real home. All my interests are American

where you from in australia?? i lived in sydney for a while... get use to reall bad american coffee lol, sydney food and the variety is also way better than american food.  THe only thing we have up here thats better is mexican and BBQ, also there are no lebos lmao

Didn't read everything,

but Colorado is BEAUTIFUL. I passed by on my way to cali last summer and i wish i could've stayed to explore the nature.

Grand canyon is also a must. Breathtaking.

My brother stayed a couple of weeks in SF last month and it's one of his favorite cities.

Yosemite national park in Cali is also very beautiful if you like outdoor / mountain type of life.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom