Tips On How To Move On From A Relationship? Sad Single Life Here

Originally Posted by Ecook0808

Crazy man I'm going through the same thing...3 years also.

Started working out again hard but it can be tough. Realized that I walked all over her the entire time and truly did treat her like crap.

Go out and just be ruthless. Last weekend met up with my boys and already got a new one for tomorrow night
pimp.gif

Same. My ex and I were just truly incompatible. Stop stalking her. Stay away from emo music. No Adele or Drake, PERIOD. Go hang out with your boys as much as possible and keep yourself occupied. That means work out and play a sport, even if you have to do it alone. Don't give yourself the time to reflect on the relationship or dwell on the break up. Just stop thinking about her, its that easy and you will get over her eventually.

-go out and play sports since its getting nicer out
-work out/get in shape
-get money/job
-never think about how happy she is that you're not together
-think about what you can do tomorrow to become successful and do it.

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

How old are you? Just give it time. If there's anything you didn't really get to do while you were in a relationship, go ahead and do it. It's not like you won't find someone else if that's what you're looking for and that you won't be just as happy. Unfortunately, your relationship ended for some reason and no break up is the end of the world, no matter how you feel right now.

Don't look through Facebook or anything like that. It won't do you any good, she may be enjoying herself but she could just as easily be putting on a front and it'll bother you either way. It's not gonna make your life any better.

22 years old.

I know ya gonna say yeah im young go party, but 3 yrs is very hard to just let it go by when we just broke up last week.
Nah, not even about just partying and %@%+%%% other girls (you should probably do that too) but just realize that it's only bad while you're going through that and it really won't last that long unless you let it.

Originally Posted by cap1229

Block her on all social networks. Instagram, Facebook, twitter everything. Out of sight out of mind and delete the text conversations and her number.
+ time , Friends, and eyecandy AT LEAST. Just walk around downtown and all that and just look at ALL THE PROSPECTS bruh. Try to be down for anything that will result in u having fun. Dont be a bore and a party pooper. Go out and kick it and do SOMETHING.

How old are you? Just give it time. If there's anything you didn't really get to do while you were in a relationship, go ahead and do it. It's not like you won't find someone else if that's what you're looking for and that you won't be just as happy. Unfortunately, your relationship ended for some reason and no break up is the end of the world, no matter how you feel right now.

Don't look through Facebook or anything like that. It won't do you any good, she may be enjoying herself but she could just as easily be putting on a front and it'll bother you either way. It's not gonna make your life any better.

22 years old.

I know ya gonna say yeah im young go party, but 3 yrs is very hard to just let it go by when we just broke up last week.
Nah, not even about just partying and %@%+%%% other girls (you should probably do that too) but just realize that it's only bad while you're going through that and it really won't last that long unless you let it.

What IF I can't move on?

Not going to lie... the first months are going to be tough cuz the yambs can sense your desperation.

First off, time heals all wounds. If you really cared/loved her it will take some time. Find another chick and/or hobby to fill in the time you spent with her. Every time you're thinking of her, she's damn sure not thinking about you. With as many white knights there are in our society nowadays, it's easy for girls to get guys unless they're ugly. 
btw, pics?

Just ended mine of a year and a half. Got back with her ex right away smh, finding that out just ripped right through me. I was lucky enough to have a backup chick and just try to go out as much as possible. I cheated on her and it was my fault but after it all I realized how much she meant to me, really miss her
tired.gif
I just try my best not to think about it and keep myself busy. Someone else will come along bruh don't worry.

It has been 4 months for me bro, she moved to another state and that was it. I pretty sure I know what you are feeling, I got so depressed for a month and I even took antidepressants, but i said fu** it and stop the pills and been hitting the gym hard ever since. Girls tell me that i look different and ask me if I have been working out, I smile
happy.gif
and say yeah (it lifts your confidence up). Bro Its hard and i know that trust me, I was with her for almost 7 years and she is not going away. Sometimes the pain does not go away so you got to make room for it. Stay strong Fam and I promise that it will get easier with time. GOD BLESS
wink.gif

its hard bros, its crazy, playing 2k right now and somehow it just reminded me of her, she watched games with me

its hard bros, its crazy, playing 2k right now and somehow it just reminded me of her, she watched games with me

Since yall were together for a while pretty much anything its going to remind you of her cause its recent...been there
ohwell.gif

22 years old.

What IF I can't move on?
Why?  Man, I'm trying to be sensitive to your situation but give you a dose of reality but if you're gonna only focus on having a "woe is me" attitude, I quit.  Take a step back and ask yourself if it was you best friend in the same situation, what would you objectively tell him?  Then follow your own damn advice.

I went through the same situation when I was your around your age with the first girl I was truly in love with...right before I found out my dad was dying.  I have sympathy for you and would like to help but if you want to ask for advice and can only dwell on the negative, I don't want to waste my time.  I'm telling you to get out and at least work towards moving on because IT WILL come but if you don't make an effort and instead stalk Facebook, you're just making things worse. 

What IF I can't move on?
Why?  Man, I'm trying to be sensitive to your situation but give you a dose of reality but if you're gonna only focus on having a "woe is me" attitude, I quit.  Take a step back and ask yourself if it was you best friend in the same situation, what would you objectively tell him?  Then follow your own damn advice.

I went through the same situation when I was your around your age with the first girl I was truly in love with...right before I found out my dad was dying.  I have sympathy for you and would like to help but if you want to ask for advice and can only dwell on the negative, I don't want to waste my time.  I'm telling you to get out and at least work towards moving on because IT WILL come but if you don't make an effort and instead stalk Facebook, you're just making things worse. 

Completely understand you, I was just stating a IF situation. This weekend will hopefully break me outta my shell.

This weekend will break you out of your shell, just let it. I'm not saying it's easy but it's not impossible so there's no need for what ifs or hopefullys, don't dwell on something that will just continue to bring you down. It sucks but most relationships don't last and you have to move on.

Whether it's that first time you go out and have fun, that first girl you meet and click with, or whatever else, you'll see you can enjoy life without her, trust me. I mean, you're a Knicks fan...you've been through hell and you're still standing.

Originally Posted by fresh2deff

Hit the gym hard bro. When me and my girl of 4 years broke up, I hit the gym everytime I got mad from thinking about the past. Helped me alot. Got in better shape and released sooo much stress.

This weekend will break you out of your shell, just let it. I'm not saying it's easy but it's not impossible so there's no need for what ifs or hopefullys, don't dwell on something that will just continue to bring you down. It sucks but most relationships don't last and you have to move on.

Whether it's that first time you go out and have fun, that first girl you meet and click with, or whatever else, you'll see you can enjoy life without her, trust me. I mean, you're a Knicks fan...you've been through hell and you're still standing.

low-key jab
laugh.gif

Change is hard because people overestimate the value of what they have and underestimate the value of what they may gain by giving that up.

Go forth and enjoy life fellow brethren.

What IF I can't move on?

First off my NT fam needs to remember that IF and CAN'T should never be in a mans vocabulary
But op just be positive an try to think of it this way. Your time with her was well spent the same way 4 years is spent to acquire a degree, you could try to go back to school but the truth of the matter is you're tenacious now and progression is what you need. As much as you feel you need her triple that and that's how much better off you are without her, play the field hard and loose, aim to fail but fail to exceed(try for every female and you'll surely bag acouple), like most people say it's a numbers game, i was down on my ex(never made a thread) but I've recently started balling like d.rose on these females.

Arrogance will be acquired and with that comes confidence, but at the end of the day you won't be prepared for the next great thing in your life if you're focused on the past. Just think of love as smoke, you create it, inhale it, exhale it, and can trap it, but you can never grasp and hold it barehanded. It dissipates when you try to capture it and you might think your holding it but it's actually an illusion, smoke is what you make it but at the end of the day it's just dense air. 

By definition smoke is something unsubstantial, evanescent, or without result. The same can be said of relationships, especially with exes.

Hitting the gym really works then go out and find some chicks to smash that'll be the best cure, just make sure you don't fall in love again because your problem more succeptable to that right now.

Date other people, stay busy (gym, hobbies, volunteer work, etc.), hang out with friends, and give it time. Of course, don't forget to cut off communication, at least for a while (6 months or longer).

erase her
STOP SWEATING HER
get more money
get more fit
women will come later

until then enjoy your relationship... this type of relationship never fails. Never feel sad about. lol

Spoiler [+]
Mayor-Adam-West-gets-married-family-guy-1239873_350_393.jpg

Back
Top Bottom