Tips to avoid drowsiness while driving?

i know a dude who's a truck driver and he said when he drives across the country sometimes he'll go 26 hrs straight. he said coffee and no lie, he smothers his junk in vaseline :lol:

he said the being uncomfortable keeps him awake ... up to u on that one :D
:rofl: nah man that dude comfortable

After long hours in the library or at work I've found myself driving drowsy all the time now. Usually sipping water or chewing gum helps me stay awake long enough to get home :smh:

I was driving back to Tucson after going to a wedding in Scottsdale and I damn near crashed into the median of the 101 loop because I was so tired that night. I ended up pulling into an IHOP parking lot and slept in my car for about 4 hrs.

pull over and sleep

i was a turnpike king...

ive fell asleep at the wheel TWICE and crashed once, over train tracks, flipped up, blow out tires, literally thought my passenger was dead...

What helps me is talk radio. Just try to find some mess to casually drop your ear on. I'll put it on Catholic radio and be like, "werd? Werrrrrrd?"

Window down, volume up, with some caffeine. Or get some rest. Even 30 mins can make a big difference.

Adderall/NoDoz/RedBull.
Crack a window.
Listen to loud music.
Call a friend.

Or just pull over for a 15 minute power nap.
Being sleepy while driving is putting yourself in danger but more importantly the other innocent drivers.

Be careful out there b.

Adderall is terrible advice on so many levels.

For one its an amphetamine, so if you get into a serious accident and they draw blood your life is over. You're going to prison for a litany of charges.

Secondly it doesn't work when you're already tired. If anything you're going to crash even harder.

That's why so many students **** up on test day. They stay up for days last minute studying, cramming, popping Adderall and then day of the big test they crash hard.

Their brain is just buzzing, they're tired, they can't recall ****.

Supposed to get a full nights sleep and eat well/drink lots of water. Only way that adderall works.

Last edited:
Adderall/NoDoz/RedBull.
Crack a window.
Listen to loud music.
Call a friend.

Or just pull over for a 15 minute power nap.
Being sleepy while driving is putting yourself in danger but more importantly the other innocent drivers.

Be careful out there b.

Thread/.

Back
Top Bottom