Tips to make your life at home that much easier Vol.1

Originally Posted by MZBLUE2U

Originally Posted by SCOfoshO

Just a few tricks I have used:

~Take your bananas apart when you get home from the store. If you leave them connected at the stem, they ripen faster.

~Store your opened chunks of cheese in aluminum foil. It will stay fresh much longer and not mold

~Peppers with 3 bumps on the bottom are sweeter and better for eating. Peppers with 4 bumps on the bottom are firmer and better for cooking.

~Add a teaspoon of water when frying ground beef. It will help pull the grease away from the meat while cooking.

~Add garlic immediately to a recipe if you want a light taste of garlic and at the end of the recipe if your want a stronger taste of garlic.

~PIZZA: Reheat leftover pizza in a nonstick skillet on top of the stove; set heat to med-low And heat till warm. This keeps the crust crispy. No soggy micro
pizza. I saw this on the food channel

~To warm biscuits, pancakes, or muffins that were refrigerated, place them in A microwave next to a cup of water. The increased moisture will keep the food
Moist and help it reheat faster.

~Before you pour sticky substances into a measuring cup, fill with hot water. Dump out the hot water, but don't dry cup. Next, add your ingredient (peanut butter, honey, etc.)

~ Not really for the house, but buy a chalkboard eraser and keep it in the glove box of your car when the windows fog, rub with the eraser.

~If you seal an envelope and then realize you forgot to include something inside, Just place your sealed envelope in the freezer for an hour or two

~To get rid of fruit flies, take a small glass, fill it 1/2 with Apple Cider Vinegar and 2 drops of dish washing liquid; mix well. You will find those flies drawn to the cup and gone forever.

~To get rid of Ants put small piles of cornmeal where you see ants. They eat it, take it 'home,' can't digest it so it kills them. It may take a week or so, especially if it rains, but there are no chemicals beings used.

Every tip
pimp.gif
some of these are really 
pimp.gif

~Take your bananas apart when you get home from the store. If you leave them connected at the stem, they ripen faster.

~Store your opened chunks of cheese in aluminum foil. It will stay fresh much longer and not mold

~Peppers with 3 bumps on the bottom are sweeter and better for eating. Peppers with 4 bumps on the bottom are firmer and better for cooking.

~Add a teaspoon of water when frying ground beef. It will help pull the grease away from the meat while cooking.

~Add garlic immediately to a recipe if you want a light taste of garlic and at the end of the recipe if your want a stronger taste of garlic.

~PIZZA: Reheat leftover pizza in a nonstick skillet on top of the stove; set heat to med-low And heat till warm. This keeps the crust crispy. No soggy micro

~To warm biscuits, pancakes, or muffins that were refrigerated, place them in A microwave next to a cup of water. The increased moisture will keep the food

~Before you pour sticky substances into a measuring cup, fill with hot water. Dump out the hot water, but don't dry cup. Next, add your ingredient (peanut butter, honey, etc.)

~ Not really for the house, but buy a chalkboard eraser and keep it in the glove box of your car when the windows fog, rub with the eraser.

~If you seal an envelope and then realize you forgot to include something inside, Just place your sealed envelope in the freezer for an hour or two

~To get rid of fruit flies, take a small glass, fill it 1/2 with Apple Cider Vinegar and 2 drops of dish washing liquid; mix well. You will find those flies drawn to the cup and gone forever.

~To get rid of Ants put small piles of cornmeal where you see ants. They eat it, take it 'home,' can't digest it so it kills them. It may take a week or so, especially if it rains, but there are no chemicals beings used.

Every tip
pimp.gif
some of these are really 
pimp.gif

Every tip
pimp.gif

Every tip
pimp.gif

I'll keep this one in my back pocket for next time. I usually add first when stir frying.

I'll keep this one in my back pocket for next time. I usually add first when stir frying.

gravedigging....

dawn dishwashing soap (blue one) plus water in a spray bottle = instant death when sprayed on a fly or cockroach

gravedigging....

dawn dishwashing soap (blue one) plus water in a spray bottle = instant death when sprayed on a fly or cockroach

This might of already be mentioned but to my 9 to 5 NTers pick out and iron ur work clothes on Sunday night and your morning should run a little smoother.

This might of already be mentioned but to my 9 to 5 NTers pick out and iron ur work clothes on Sunday night and your morning should run a little smoother.

Back
Top Bottom