[| -- To al NBA Fans the 2008 NBA GAME OF THE YEAR just finished please watch highlights! -- |]

Originally Posted by JONFARR

Originally Posted by petozham

Originally Posted by JONFARR

Rockets/Blazers. You aren't topping that game. Sorry, try again.
Is that because you're a Blazers fan so the victory was all the more sweeter for you?

It was nice, but sorry to you my friend, it aint seeing the Nets/Raptors game. Blazers barely got to 101 in overtime, the Nets game score was 129-127. Highest scorer in the Blazers game was Mcgrady with 30, then Roy with 27, then the next best was 17...Sound like a everyday boxscore. Nets game Carter went 39(18 in 4th and ot) 9 boards and 6 dimes, Harris went 30(23 in 4th and ot) and 5 assists. Bosh finished with 42 points, Jose had 26 points 15 assists, Bargnani had 29 points and 10 boards. There were a slew of clutch baskets, back to back scoring by the two superstars on opposing teams, Carter stepping up to guard Bosh though he gives up like 4-5 inches, a stand still highly contested 35 foot fadeaway three with .8 left to send it to overtime by Carter, a fadeaway three from a powerfoward with under 20 seconds in ot, a beautiful contested fadeaway game tying 3 by Parker barely staying inbounds in the corner with 2.1 remaining, and to cap it off, a great play drawn up by Frank that was executed perfectly to get Carter a reverse dunk off a midcourt alleyoop. It's simply an instant classic.

And I forgot to mention the history and tension between a certain player and Toronto and his rep for burning is former team, and he does it yet again.

The finish on the Blazer game regardless of team allegiance was insane. It was on par with the Fisher ending in SA. Your talking about Point totals, that doesn't mean just because more points were scored that it was the better game. Maybe I am siding more with the finish. Hands down the finish to the Hou/Por game was no. 1.
That was no where near Fisher status man, come on.

And the point totals are just another reason why the Raptors/Nets game was more entertaining and it shows more how well the players played. Portland had afantastic finish, but the Raps/Nets displayed a better overall game, along with the amazing finish and clutch play.

Question for Raptor fans: Since you're debating about the 06 pick and the need for a swingman...wouldn't it have made sense to have traded down, pickup an additional asset and drafted Rudy Gay or Brandon Roy.

Blazers/Rockets was a boring %%! game until the lat few seconds, Raps game was entertaining from the start just off of VC's return. even when the Raps hada big lead you could tell NJ was coming back.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Question for Raptor fans: Since you're debating about the 06 pick and the need for a swingman...wouldn't it have made sense to have traded down, pick up an additional asset and drafted Rudy Gay or Brandon Roy.

At the time, that wasnt the biggest issue. At the 06 draft, we had Rasho starting, and playing 10 minutes a game for us; we needed someone big, and BC wasmodeling the team to play Euro ball. It was literally Europeans feat. Bosh and TJ.

Anyway, Andrea at the time fit our need for a big body, but also had the athletic ability to play the 3 spot from time to time. Lets just say that so far, wehavent had the success we have needed from him. He had a GREAT start to his rookie season, but had to take half the season off with an appendix problem. Eversince that, he hasnt been the same; until now. Now we are seeing alot more consistancy from Andrea over the past few games. Again, started the year off with avery inconsistant basis, but over the past few he has been productive.

Anyway, at the time, Anthony Parker wasnt the best player in the world, but he fit our system. He was able to defend some very good perimiter players.

I guess, to sum up, Andrea fit our needs more as we lacked interior presence on both ends of the floor to an extreme. Now, as time has gone by the past twoyears, our perimiter play has been exposed more than our interior.

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Question for Raptor fans: Since you're debating about the 06 pick and the need for a swingman...wouldn't it have made sense to have traded down, pick up an additional asset and drafted Rudy Gay or Brandon Roy.

At the time, that wasnt the biggest issue. At the 06 draft, we had Rasho starting, and playing 10 minutes a game for us; we needed someone big, and BC was modeling the team to play Euro ball. It was literally Europeans feat. Bosh and TJ.

Anyway, Andrea at the time fit our need for a big body, but also had the athletic ability to play the 3 spot from time to time. Lets just say that so far, we havent had the success we have needed from him. He had a GREAT start to his rookie season, but had to take half the season off with an appendix problem. Ever since that, he hasnt been the same; until now. Now we are seeing alot more consistancy from Andrea over the past few games. Again, started the year off with a very inconsistant basis, but over the past few he has been productive.

Anyway, at the time, Anthony Parker wasnt the best player in the world, but he fit our system. He was able to defend some very good perimiter players.

I guess, to sum up, Andrea fit our needs more as we lacked interior presence on both ends of the floor to an extreme. Now, as time has gone by the this year, our perimiter play has been exposed more than our interior.

I agree 90%
laugh.gif

The interior defense was a biggest problem, Jason averaged like 15 rebounds against us in the playoffs and Dwight?
sick.gif
Crushed us.
Especially in the playoffs interior defense becomes so important.

Also It's quite hard to trade the first pick...becuase that would mean their is a player that desperately wants that the team doesn't believe that theycan get at their position. Especially in a a weak draft like 06 where their the jump in talent between the lottery level and lower draft picks is not thathuge. BC tried to trade down to 5 but the hawks weren't having it and they drafted Sheldon Williams.
laugh.gif

Can someone define for what is Euro Ball?
grin.gif
Brandon Roy wasn't ourbiggest need, we had wealth of players clogging up the 3-4 spot, he would have never gotten playing times.

Originally Posted by ussjme

how in the hell would al harrington be a huge upgrade? another no defense,3 point shooting player is not what we need.
When Anthony Parker, Joey Graham, Jamario Moon and Jason Kapono are your perimeter options even Christopher Reeves would be an upgrade.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Originally Posted by ussjme

how in the hell would al harrington be a huge upgrade? another no defense,3 point shooting player is not what we need.
When Anthony Parker, Joey Graham, Jamario Moon and Jason Kapono are your perimeter options even Christopher Reeves would be an upgrade.

Yeah but paying him all that money to not suck and destroy our future cap flexibility would be stupid short sited. If BC makes a move now it should only be fora player that makes us a championship contender. Al doesn't do that.

Al kind sucks now any ways.
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom