[| -- To al NBA Fans the 2008 NBA GAME OF THE YEAR just finished please watch highlights! -- |]

laugh.gif
, I may need to watch this game, it looked like it was a good one..

roll.gif
@ Brook Lopez jumping around like a little boy after VC made that inbounds dunk.

I wish I knew how to post youtube videos cause when he made that dunk all I thought of was that Nike commercial with Joe Budden and couldn't stop crackingup.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Everybody %#+#% on the Raps these days so I'm not that impressed by Vince's performance. Everyone knew that we needed help at the 2/3 positions but Colangelo did not make one #%$%$$ god damn move this summer to upgrade us at the wings. I cant wait to see us lose in the 1st round again. Raptor fans, Mitchell and Colangelo need to learn the hard way.
He upgraded the interior defense OUR biggest concern. He couldn't do both stop pretending like it's something he was too stupid to see.Their was no worthwhile wing player to go after in the off season.

2010 here we come.
pimp.gif

yea i heard the game on the radio....prolly check the encore on YES network

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Everybody %#+#% on the Raps these days so I'm not that impressed by Vince's performance. Everyone knew that we needed help at the 2/3 positions but Colangelo did not make one #%$%$$ god damn move this summer to upgrade us at the wings. I cant wait to see us lose in the 1st round again. Raptor fans, Mitchell and Colangelo need to learn the hard way.
He upgraded the interior defense OUR biggest concern. He couldn't do both stop pretending like it's something he was too stupid to see. Their was no worthwhile wing player to go after in the off season.

2010 here we come.
pimp.gif

If Bargnani wasn't such a horrible rebounder then interior defense wouldn't be our biggest concern. Mistake after mistake after mistake by Colangelo isjust going to lead to the same results...a slightly better than .500 team that cant win a 7-game playoff series.

He upgraded the interior defense OUR biggest concern. He couldn't do both stop pretending like it's something he was too stupid to see. Their was no worthwhile wing player to go after in the off season.

2010 here we come.
pimp.gif

If Bargnani wasn't such a horrible rebounder then interior defense wouldn't be our biggest concern. Mistake after mistake after mistake by Colangelo is just going to lead to the same results...a slightly better than .500 team that cant win a 7-game playoff series.
So who would you have pick in that draft to shore up you're rebounding. You have to remember the context of those situations.
Man he did the best possible job considering the circumstance. Point is we 40+ mill in cap space in 2010 and according to Jack Armstrong we're gettingWade.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

What would you have done...which specific players would you have signed.

2010 here we come.
pimp.gif

If Bargnani wasn't such a horrible rebounder then interior defense wouldn't be our biggest concern. Mistake after mistake after mistake by Colangelo is just going to lead to the same results...a slightly better than .500 team that cant win a 7-game playoff series.
So who would you have pick in that draft to shore up you're rebounding. You have to remember the context of those situations.
Man he did the best possible job considering the circumstance. Point is we 40+ mill in cap space in 2010 and according to Jack Armstrong we're getting Wade.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

What would you have done...which specific players would you have signed.
I've posted a million times what I would've done. Lets just say we have philosophical differences
laugh.gif

This team has been mismanaged since the Glen Grunwald days up until now and even though I bought into Colangelo after his first 1.5 years, I'm starting tohave serious doubts about this guy.

Babcock screwed us over good with 3 horrible mistakes. 1. Drafting Araujo over Iggy. 2. Trading VC for what later amounted to Joey Graham. 3. Drafting JoeyGraham ahead of Danny Granger.

Colangelo comes in and gets the #1 overall pick. There is no consensus #1 but Colangelo figures that this team is rebuilding and wont be good for another 2-3years so he drafts a project kid out of Italy named Andrea Bargnani. There were safer picks out there (SEE: LeMarcus Aldridge), but Colangelo has a Eurofetish. After 2 years Colangelo has decided that Bargnani hasn't been a good enough player to start for the club and goes out and trades away our 3 besttradeable assets Ford, Rasho and #17 overall. Ford is a starter in the NBA. Rasho has a $10 mill. expiring contract. The #17 is a project pick which could beused for a serviceable player in the NBA like Roy Hibbert (I know he aint great but he'll be of some use in this league). JO is definitely an upgrade atCenter but it handicaps the Raptors from upgrading at SG/SF or getting some players to help off the bench. Having JO and Bosh in our frontcourt looks great onpaper but you have to remember that most scoring in the NBA comes from the SG/SF positions. Regardless of how great Bosh players or how big of an impact JO is,this team will get EXPOSED by opposing guards all season long.

Colangelo has made bad decision after bad decision dating back to the Bargnani draft pick, up to the Kapono signing and recently trading away our 3 best assetsfor a guy who'll be lucky to feature in 65 games this regular season. There's no doubt that JO is a good player but his salary handicaps the team fromallocating funds to other needs. His salary accounts for 33% of the cap, we have no money to improve until 2010. By then it might be too late to convince Boshto stay when he sees his 3rd different coach in his Raptors career sitting on the bench and the team still hasn't gotten past the 1st round.

What makes you think our 2010 free agency chances are better than anyone else's? Almost the entire league will have cap room that summer.

This was hilarious...Being Canadian all I heard that day was how badly the raps were gonna give it to VC and how big of a traitor he is blah blah....

Next day... Everyone is reminiscing about the old raptors teams and how VC put T.O on the map

Colangelo comes in and gets the #1 overall pick. There is no consensus #1 but Colangelo figures that this team is rebuilding and wont be good for another 2-3 years so he drafts a project kid out of Italy named Andrea Bargnani. There were safer picks out there (SEE: LeMarcus Aldridge),
I really don't know how you can justify drafting Lamarcus Aldridge he is a bad rebounder and basically a less athletic Chris Bosh. Itdoesn't make sense no matter how you slice it. Chris Bosh would not be playing as well as he is now without JO and Bargnani playing so well. We needed acenter and he basically scrapped what Babcock did and started rebuilding. If we had Lamarcus now instead of O'neal and Bargnani I think we are a worseteam. Two identical power forwards who don't compliment each others game. In the end if Bargnani goes too a team like the bobcats or somethings a teamwhere he's one of the stars and have a competent coach I think he develops much faster.Being a GM isn't about making safe picks. Do you really believethat the Raptors had any chance of going to the finals in the next 2-3 years? No. We have the time.
After 2 years Colangelo has decided that Bargnani hasn't been a good enough player to start for the club and goes out and trades away our 3 best tradeable assets Ford, Rasho and #17 overall. Ford is a starter in the NBA. Rasho has a $10 mill. expiring contract. The #17 is a project pick which could be used for a serviceable player in the NBA like Roy Hibbert (I know he aint great but he'll be of some use in this league).
We would still be have NO inside presence, either you handicap the wings or handicap the center. At least in the JO option we have large amount ofcap room for 2011.

[table][tr][td]
dot.gif
Oct. 1: Bulls keep Gordon for year[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
dot.gif
Oct. 1: Warriors sign Dickau[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
dot.gif
Sept. 24: Spurs sign Stoudamire[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
dot.gif
Sept. 23: Wizards bring back Juan Dixon[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
dot.gif
Sept. 12: Cavs re-sign Delonte West[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
dot.gif
Sept. 11: Heat re-sign Chris Quinn[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
dot.gif
Aug. 25: Mavericks re-sign Devean George[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
dot.gif
Aug. 25: Rockets acquire D.J. Strawberry[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
dot.gif
Aug. 22: Spurs re-sign Michael Finley[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
dot.gif
Aug. 22: Nuggets re-sign J.R. Smith[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
dot.gif
Aug. 21: Heat re-sign Dorell Wright[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
dot.gif
Aug. 14: Rockets acquire Ron Artest[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
dot.gif
Aug. 13: MoWill to Cavs in Three-Team Deal[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
dot.gif
Aug. 13: Hawks sign Flip Murray[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
dot.gif
Aug. 11: Pistons re-Sign Walter Herrmann[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
dot.gif
Aug. 8: Hawks retain Josh Smith[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
dot.gif
Aug. 4: 76ers re-sign Lou Williams[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
dot.gif
July 31: Bulls re-sign Luol Deng[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
dot.gif
July 30: Pistons sign Will Bynum[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
dot.gif
July 28: Clippers sign Ricky Davis[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
dot.gif
July 28: Lakers retain Sasha Vujacic[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
dot.gif
July 24: Warriors re-sign Ellis[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
dot.gif
July 24: Warriors match offer to Azubuike[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
dot.gif
July 23: Celtics re-sign Eddie House[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
dot.gif
July 23: Hornets sign Posey[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
dot.gif
July 23: Celtics re-sign Tony Allen[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
dot.gif
July 22: Warriors acquire Marcus Williams[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
dot.gif
July 21: Nets acquire Keyon Dooling[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
dot.gif
July 16: Cavs re-sign Daniel Gibson[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
dot.gif
July 10: Corey Maggette joins Warriors[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
dot.gif
July 10: Magic sign Mickael Pietrus[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
dot.gif
July 9: Wolves acquire Carney, Booth[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
dot.gif
July 9: Raptors obtain Jermaine O'Neal[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
dot.gif
June 26: Bucks acquire Richard Jefferson[/td] [/tr][/table]
Those were all the wingmen womved or signed in the offeseason. Who do you want instead of JO?
laugh.gif
RJ for example I would rather have the 2 young players than RoyHibbert.(garbage) Rasho and Ford(damaged goods). If fords the center piece of the deal, you better basically remove like half the players off the list becauseNBA teams don't trade for damaged good with a perfectly healthy player.
JO is definitely an upgrade at Center but it handicaps the Raptors from upgrading at SG/SF or getting some players to help off the bench. Having JO and Bosh in our frontcourt looks great on paper but you have to remember that most scoring in the NBA comes from the SG/SF positions. Regardless of how great Bosh players or how big of an impact JO is, this team will get EXPOSED by opposing guards all season long.

If BC got this imaginary swingman you are taking about you would be writing the exact same thing.

"(Insert swingman here) is definitely an upgrade at 2/3 but it handicaps the Raptors from upgrading at Cor getting some players to help off the bench. Having (Insert swingman here) and Bosh in our frontcourt looksgreat on paper but you have to remember that most scoring in that most of the NBA playoff teams have good Centers. Regardless of how great Bosh players or howbig of an impact (Insert swingman here) is, this team will get EXPOSED in the playoffs."
laugh.gif

Colangelo has made bad decision after bad decision dating back to the Bargnani draft pick,
It makes less sense to draft anyone else. Would you prefer Rudy Gay? The super athletic 3 with a streaky jump shot and questionable handles?
up to the Kapono signing
Agree 100% especially when James Posey was on the market for the same money and we lack perimeter defense.
and recently trading away our 3 best assets for a guy who'll be lucky to feature in 65 games this regular season.
NBA GM's aren't stupid any trade involved with Ford (a player who's contemplated retirement) they will low ball the $@@! out of youthe 17th pick and a little bit o cap relief isn't enough.
There's no doubt that JO is a good player but his salary handicaps the team from allocating funds to other needs. His salary accounts for 33% of the cap, we have no money to improve until 2010. By then it might be too late to convince Bosh to stay when he sees his 3rd different coach in his Raptors career sitting on the bench and the team still hasn't gotten past the 1st round.
If we get let's say Dwayne Wade do you think Bosh will stay? The Celtics proved all it takes is one BIG off-season and you can make you'reselves championship contenders.
What makes you think our 2010 free agency chances are better than anyone else's? Almost the entire league will have cap room that summer.
It's better than having no money because we wasted it on Magette or Gereld Wallace and still are not an elite team. I would much rather haveJO.

I really don't know how you can justify drafting Lamarcus Aldridge he is a bad rebounder and basically a less athletic Chris Bosh. It doesn't make sense no matter how you slice it. Chris Bosh would not be playing as well as he is now without JO and Bargnani playing so well. We needed a center and he basically scrapped what Babcock did and started rebuilding. If we had Lamarcus now instead of O'neal and Bargnani I think we are a worse team. Two identical power forwards who don't compliment each others game. In the end if Bargnani goes too a team like the bobcats or somethings a team where he's one of the stars and have a competent coach I think he develops much faster.Being a GM isn't about making safe picks. Do you really believe that the Raptors had any chance of going to the finals in the next 2-3 years? No. We have the time.
Last time I checked, Aldridge has had career averages of about 7.5 rpg while Bargnani has averaged around 3.5.

If we had Aldridge, Bosh, Calderon and were able to sign an above average swing man we'd be a 50 win team right now. Instead, look at where we're at.Recently Al Harrington was available, why couldn't BC acquire someone like him? He'd be a massive upgrade compared to what we have now.

I really don't know how you can justify drafting Lamarcus Aldridge he is a bad rebounder and basically a less athletic Chris Bosh. It doesn't make sense no matter how you slice it. Chris Bosh would not be playing as well as he is now without JO and Bargnani playing so well. We needed a center and he basically scrapped what Babcock did and started rebuilding. If we had Lamarcus now instead of O'neal and Bargnani I think we are a worse team. Two identical power forwards who don't compliment each others game. In the end if Bargnani goes too a team like the bobcats or somethings a team where he's one of the stars and have a competent coach I think he develops much faster.Being a GM isn't about making safe picks. Do you really believe that the Raptors had any chance of going to the finals in the next 2-3 years? No. We have the time.
Last time I checked, Aldridge has had career averages of about 7.5 rpg while Bargnani has averaged around 3.5.

If we had Aldridge, Bosh, Calderon and were able to sign an above average swing man we'd be a 50 win team right now. Instead, look at where we're at. Recently Al Harrington was available, why couldn't BC acquire someone like him? He'd be a massive upgrade compared to what we have now.

50 WINS?
laugh.gif

Dude are you Aldridge's brother?

4129.jpg

• Pts 12.2
  • Reb 4.4
  • Ast 0.9
  • Min 26:36
moz-screenshot-8.jpg
moz-screenshot-9.jpg
4130.jpg

• Pts 15.4
  • Reb 6.6
  • Ast 1.6
  • Min 34:12

What is the big +@%+$%* difference???
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JONFARR

Rockets/Blazers. You aren't topping that game. Sorry, try again.
Is that because you're a Blazers fan so the victory was all the more sweeter for you?

It was nice, but sorry to you my friend, it aint seeing the Nets/Raptors game. Blazers barely got to 101 in overtime, the Nets game score was 129-127. Highestscorer in the Blazers game was Mcgrady with 30, then Roy with 27, then the next best was 17...Sound like a everyday boxscore. Nets game Carter went 39(18 in4th and ot) 9 boards and 6 dimes, Harris went 30(23 in 4th and ot) and 5 assists. Bosh finished with 42 points, Jose had 26 points 15 assists, Bargnani had 29points and 10 boards. There were a slew of clutch baskets, back to back scoring by the two superstars on opposing teams, Carter stepping up to guard Boshthough he gives up like 4-5 inches, a stand still highly contested 35 foot fadeaway three with .8 left to send it to overtime by Carter, a fadeaway three froma powerfoward with under 20 seconds in ot, a beautiful contested fadeaway game tying 3 by Parker barely staying inbounds in the corner with 2.1 remaining, andto cap it off, a great play drawn up by Frank that was executed perfectly to get Carter a reverse dunk off a midcourt alleyoop. It's simply an instantclassic.

And I forgot to mention the history and tension between a certain player and Toronto and his rep for burning is former team, and he does it yet again.

how in the hell would al harrington be a huge upgrade? another no defense,3 point shooting player is not what we need.

anyways,some raptor fans need to stop embarrassing us with this VC hate. some of us in the city act like bitter ex girlfriends or something,its reallypathetic. VC has moved on,the raptors have moved on,yet some fans still hate. i honestly feel some ppl jus got ot he games to boo becuase its the cool/funthing to do,especially those casual fans.

I just saw highlights, so I can't compare, but I gotta retract my statement, a HELL of a finish.

Originally Posted by petozham

Originally Posted by JONFARR

Rockets/Blazers. You aren't topping that game. Sorry, try again.
Is that because you're a Blazers fan so the victory was all the more sweeter for you?

It was nice, but sorry to you my friend, it aint seeing the Nets/Raptors game. Blazers barely got to 101 in overtime, the Nets game score was 129-127. Highest scorer in the Blazers game was Mcgrady with 30, then Roy with 27, then the next best was 17...Sound like a everyday boxscore. Nets game Carter went 39(18 in 4th and ot) 9 boards and 6 dimes, Harris went 30(23 in 4th and ot) and 5 assists. Bosh finished with 42 points, Jose had 26 points 15 assists, Bargnani had 29 points and 10 boards. There were a slew of clutch baskets, back to back scoring by the two superstars on opposing teams, Carter stepping up to guard Bosh though he gives up like 4-5 inches, a stand still highly contested 35 foot fadeaway three with .8 left to send it to overtime by Carter, a fadeaway three from a powerfoward with under 20 seconds in ot, a beautiful contested fadeaway game tying 3 by Parker barely staying inbounds in the corner with 2.1 remaining, and to cap it off, a great play drawn up by Frank that was executed perfectly to get Carter a reverse dunk off a midcourt alleyoop. It's simply an instant classic.

And I forgot to mention the history and tension between a certain player and Toronto and his rep for burning is former team, and he does it yet again.

The finish on the Blazer game regardless of team allegiance was insane. It was on par with the Fisher ending in SA. Your talking about Point totals, thatdoesn't mean just because more points were scored that it was the better game. Maybe I am siding more with the finish. Hands down the finish to the Hou/Porgame was no. 1.

Back
Top Bottom