To my College Dudes: Good Experience?...Vol. Humber to GeorgeBrown

What's good fam,

I've applied for a postgrad program and was hoping some of you guys on the board could share their experiences, whether good or bad.

I recently got into Humber, but also looking to get into GB. I've only heard good things about Humber and their programs, but the location is quite far for me to commute.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by ridingonlorenzos

Humbers location sucks, and George Brown's location is great.

pretty much, but i hope that won't be a basis to anyone.

I graduated from Humber and It thought it was OK. It sucked having a 1+ hr spare, but you could easily kill that time @ the gym or study @ the library. While GB has a better location, I don't think that would've been good to me (personally) because: 1. too far  2. too many distractions. Education wise, I thought it was excellent (well, of course, that's only from my perspective).

I'm pretty sure there's some resources for you to look at to make your choice.

I'm at GB currently in my last yr in the Marketing program and don't really have any complaints about it . Courses are very relevant and hands on with professors giving you real life experience opinions/ suggestions on how to go about certain professions within the marketing field. The college itself to me seems pretty boring (maybe its because i live 10min walk away and only go to class and never stick around the school) but partially is also that there is no campus residence. Overall, i like GB and plan on moving onto Ryerson once i complete my diploma.

George Brown has a great location, right in the middle of everything
Humber is cool, both locations suck the Lakeshore campus is slightly better
Humber North campus is good if you're easily distracted, there's nothing to keep you from your studies out there

Back
Top Bottom